PDA

View Full Version : I need catchy phrases to put on my protest poster

moosmom
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
I bought 2 poster boards, bright yellow, that I need to write on to get the message across that animal cruelty will not be tolerated, and Jay Baldwin, a serial cat killer, should spend a long time in jail and the animal cruelty laws need to change NOW!!!

I'm looking to you PTers for suggestions.

Willow Oak
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Use this one. It is straight from the Bible:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, and animal abusers shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Revelation 21:8

lvpets2002
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
:eek: WoW I like Willow Oak's Bible Message.. Thats should get the point accross..

Freedom
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
I agree it is appropriate. But um . . . it may take MORE than 2 poster boards!

"Speak for those who can't" is a popular animal welfare saying.

I'm sure that more folks can offer suggestions too, so Donna has a good selection!

davidpizzica
08-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree it is appropriate. But um . . . it may take MORE than 2 poster boards!

"Speak for those who can't" is a popular animal welfare saying.

I'm sure that more folks can offer suggestions too, so Donna has a good selection!

Freedom, this one comes from Donna's back bumper! "Cats nap. Only humans put them to sleep"

Catty1
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
How about "ALL LIFE is precious." or "ALL LIFE is precious in God's sight."

Emphasizing the positive side of it - in other words, how we should think. Calling for jail for this guy is absolutely understandable...but phrases like those above help underscore WHY.

In other words, be pro-all-life, not anti-Jay-Baldwin. The first is more worth the energy than the latter...

JMO

Medusa
08-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Use this one. It is straight from the Bible:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, and animal abusers shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Revelation 21:8

I have several translations of the Bible and none of them include animal abusers in this particular scripture. What translation is that taken from, please? :)

Medusa
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
I bought 2 poster boards, bright yellow, that I need to write on to get the message across that animal cruelty will not be tolerated, and Jay Baldwin, a serial cat killer, should spend a long time in jail and the animal cruelty laws need to change NOW!!!

I'm looking to you PTers for suggestions.

How about "Raise your voice for those who have none! Prosecute animal abusers NOW!"

Chica
08-20-2008, 11:37 PM
I like all of those sayings. Why don;t you use them all!!!
That will make the message very clear!!!

Karen
08-21-2008, 12:38 AM
What do Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Jay Baldwin have in common?

They all abused animals first ...

Prosecute animal abuse before they turn to human murder!

Willow Oak
08-21-2008, 07:41 AM
I have several translations of the Bible and none of them include animal abusers in this particular scripture. What translation is that taken from, please? :)

The 2008 Willow Oak Version. :D

Let us have no misunderstanding here. I place animals on the same level of "Precious in the God's site," as humans, and for that point of view I make no apologies.

Randi
08-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Donna, it's great you're doing this! It needs to be short and to the point - so far, I like Freedom's and Medusa's suggestions.

How are you planning to do the writing? By hand? Letraset? Size of letters? think about these things. ;)

greendoor678
08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
What do Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer and Jay Baldwin have in common?

They all abused animals first ...

Prosecute animal abuse before they turn to human murder!

This is my favorite.

Medusa
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
The 2008 Willow Oak Version. :D

Let us have no misunderstanding here. I place animals on the same level of "Precious in the God's site," as humans, and for that point of view I make no apologies.

There is no misunderstanding. I wouldn't expect an apology for your viewpoint because we're all entitled to one. However, to add or detract from any text, holy or otherwise, doesn't help the cause and is, at its core, dishonest. The Bible stands on its own. To my knowledge, it does not mention animal abuse or punishment for animal abusers, only that we are exhorted to be caregivers and that we are expected to care for our animals, Proverbs 12:10 being just one of those exhortations. It isn't my intention to start a religious debate, to go off topic or to highjack this thread; however, to misquote the Bible or to interject a passage to suit an agenda is, IMHO, wrong. If you had stated it as the "gospel according to Willow Oak", it would have gone unchallenged on my part.

Willow Oak
08-21-2008, 10:59 AM
There is no misunderstanding. I wouldn't expect an apology for your viewpoint because we're all entitled to one. However, to add or detract from any text, holy or otherwise, doesn't help the cause and is, at its core, dishonest. The Bible stands on its own. To my knowledge, it does not mention animal abuse or punishment for animal abusers, only that we are exhorted to be caregivers and that we are expected to care for our animals, Proverbs 12:10 being just one of those exhortations. It isn't my intention to start a religious debate, to go off topic or to highjack this thread; however, to misquote the Bible or to interject a passage to suit an agenda is, IMHO, wrong. If you had stated it as the "gospel according to Willow Oak", it would have gone unchallenged on my part.

I apologize for all my shortcomings, of which I have many. Thank you for so drawing my attention, and everyone else's, to one of them. I am sure that I am as dishonest as you are honest.

caseysmom
08-21-2008, 11:50 AM
I think a misquote of the bible should be pointed out, Medusa is not the kind of person to pick on anyone.

moosmom
08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3630.jpg

Let me know what you think. Ya think I'll get the message across?

Isn't that baby beautiful?

moosmom
08-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Here's the other one:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3629.jpg?t=1219337842

Medusa
08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
I apologize for all my shortcomings, of which I have many. Thank you for so drawing my attention, and everyone else's, to one of them. I am sure that I am as dishonest as you are honest.

This is not about shortcomings, yours or anyone else's. This is commentary on your blatant tampering w/Bible scripture. However, your sarcasm is duly noted. It is you who drew attention to yourself, not I. I made no insult and did not indulge in name calling. I did not say that you are dishonest but your "misquote" of scripture. Misrepresenting scripture in order to further an agenda only lends to the argument that animal rescuers/lovers, etc. will stoop to any level to further their cause, thereby tagging us as kooks. Your love of animals is not in question; it's your method of deliberately misquoting the Bible without a caveat such as "I feel animal abusers should be included in this passage" with which I take issue. The very fact that you're so defensive speaks volumes.

lvpets2002
08-21-2008, 12:07 PM
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/?action=share&pic=DCP_3630.jpg

Let me know what you think. Ya think I'll get the message across?

Isn't that baby beautiful?

Aweee how so Cute the baby is && you did a great job on the poster.. Looks good

Medusa
08-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Here's the other one:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/deploss13/DCP_3629.jpg?t=1219337842

I was only able to view one of them, Donna, but you definitely got your point across. You go, girl! :)

Medusa
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
I think a misquote of the bible should be pointed out, Medusa is not the kind of person to pick on anyone.

Thank you. :)

pomtzu
08-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Well done Donna!
Well said Mary!!!

Willow Oak
08-21-2008, 12:17 PM
I don't see why the Bible should be so exonerated, seeing how it is so full of animal abuse and child abuse.

lvpets2002
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
I don't see why the Bible should be so exonerated, seeing how it is so full of animal abuse and child abuse.

:) Please read your PM.. Hey I think we have the whole picture here.. We are forgetting why Donna started this thread.. I do think Donna did a Great Job on the Poster & will get the Attention needed.. OK

davidpizzica
08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Donna, those posters speak volumes. They

'll definitely get the point across to everyone about this piece of pond scum (no, he's lower than that). It's funny though, that given his rap sheet that he's not in jail now. Any one of those charges should have given him jail time. As someone here said, "hand him over to the PTers!"

caseysmom
08-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Great poster, I was thinking something like "make Jay Pay!"

lvpets2002
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Donna, those posters speak volumes. They

'll definitely get the point across to everyone about this piece of pond scum (no, he's lower than that). It's funny though, that given his rap sheet that he's not in jail now. Any one of those charges should have given him jail time. As someone here said, "hand him over to the PTers!"

:o There you go David.. Yup hand over that Scumm Bag to us PTrs.. :mad:

pomtzu
08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
As I had said in a previous post - "an eye for an eye" is what this monster deserves. And in this case it's unfortunate that we are too civilized to impose that sentence.