PDA

View Full Version : this could be marshall's brother

catfamily
08-19-2008, 07:14 PM
http://www.northeastanimalshelter.org/adopt/cat_detail.php?id=1553
i wonder if this cat just may be marshall's brother.
i have no idea what the circumstances were behind marshall and any siblings he MAY have had.
But this place is 10 minutes away from where he was found...i am wondering if i should drive many hours to see if it looks so much like him to get him FOR Marshall.
But...I'm sure it couldn't be...and just a very good lookalike.
Am I crazy?
Probably.
But I'd love so much...accually i wish nothing more than to have one of his siblings just to really make him so extreemly happy.

Catty1
08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
How about emailing a pic of Marshall to the shelter, and tell them the story?

They just might arrange a transport....;)

Go for it!

catfamily
08-19-2008, 07:26 PM
i know this place and no way would they transport.but it would be worth 8 hours of driving to know that it is marshall's brother.
he would be so happy.i know!so would me and mike.
But i am sure it is a lookalike...i think i'm just to in love with my cats...always looking for their WHOLE family.
Stupid isn't it?yup! lol

Catty1
08-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Not stupid at all! My Oscar was a wild boy for about 2 yrs, and my Cole was dumped at 8 months or so.

I would LOVE to see their littermates, and know if they had family.

catfamily
08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Not stupid at all! My Oscar was a wild boy for about 2 yrs, and my Cole was dumped at 8 months or so.

I would LOVE to see their littermates, and know if they had family.

so....what do you think????
do you think it's a possability?

Catty1
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
I'd say email them with a pic, and tell the story - and see if they think this could be a long-lost sibling.

I assume this would be a sister, as a "daughter" is mentioned. :)

It won't cost anything just to ask (famous last words....lol)

catfamily
08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
i'll do it:)
send a pic i mean.thanks : )

momcat
08-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Good luck !!! :cool: ;) :)
Please be sure to let us know what happens???

Could I ask you to give Marshall lots of scritchies and lovies from me?

catfamily
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Good luck !!! :cool: ;) :)
Please be sure to let us know what happens???

Could I ask you to give Marshall lots of scritchies and lovies from me?
i just did that for you.
marshall loved your scritches and thanks you for thinking of him:love::)

Grace
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Not to change the subject here, but did you see a few topics down where someone is asking about Birdie? Wondering how he is doing these days?

catfamily
08-19-2008, 09:21 PM
All my cats are fine.They all get taken care of very well.
We are home all the time,so it makes it easy.
i stopped posting pictures a very long time ago.
i'm just not good at it,it isn't my specialty:rolleyes:
i take pictures but i don't know the upload/download thing and just couldn't be bothered anymore...it makes me crazy tired.i always mess them up in some way.

catmandu
08-20-2008, 09:43 AM
WELL IF LOVING YOUR CATS AND WANTING TO MAKE MARSHALL ARE CRAZY, THEN THEY BETTER SEND THE FELLOWS WITH THE BUTTERFLY NETS:eek: TO GET ME AUNT CARLA, AS I THINK THATS A GREAT THING THAT YOU ARE DOING, AND EVEN IF ITS NOT MARSHALLS BROTHER, HES A CAT WHO WOULD LOVE TO GET OUT OF A CAGE , AND INTO THE HOME OF TWO :love:OF THE NICEST PEOPLE:love: ON PET TALK, AND GREAT FAVORITES OF THE PET ANGEL ARMY:love::love: AND COMPANIONS.:love::)
WE PRAY :cool:THAT THINGS WORK OUT WELL WITH YOUR TRAVELS.:D

kimlovescats
08-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Carla, whether or not this kitty is Marshall's brother or not, I'm sure he'd love to be his adopted brother!;)

catfamily
08-20-2008, 03:35 PM
i haven't heard back from them and it would be 4 hours there and another 4 hours maybe 5 coming home.
2 hours there probably....a very long day into the night it would be.
but i don't think i'll do it unless i talk with them.
i just got home from errands...i may call them now.
i sent them pictures of marshall and a short story saying he was born 5/04.

this cat in the picture is only 2 it says but if he is a stray than it is a guess on their part right?and he may be 4 like marshall.
I can't believe marshall is such an old man.;)

lvpets2002
08-20-2008, 03:47 PM
:eek: WoW that would be neat if this wittle baby was Marshall's Brother.. See there this is a good sign.. Someone is telling you to adopt this baby..;)

catfamily
08-20-2008, 03:57 PM
i just got off the phone and she said that it is a girl not a boy(i think it said boy before it was changed)....and only 6 pounds...skinny minnie like my marshall....and she has with her a 1 year old daughter also tiny.
they go together wich i never mind of course...she also said her paper said it was 3 not 2 years old.
if anything...it would be a great match with marshall if not related siblings...which i really hope.but i doubt.
i just hope.
anyway...i talked with mike and MAYbe i can get him to go.
But i won't keep my hopes up as this is kind of crazy.I didn't tell mike about the daughter that comes with the girl..lol
i know he wouldn't care once he saw her anyway...he's weak...lol

but just don't you guys rush into thinking it's definite.:confused:
i really would love to get this girl and her daughter...but geez...it's sooooo far and with so many cats in cages around here i feel like i'm not being fair.
so i'll think more on it before taking the huge trip.

Catty1
08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
How many kitties do you have at the moment, Carla?

You could maybe get a friend or neighbour to adopt the 'sister' and 'niece' and then just visit a lot! ;):D

catfamily
08-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Mike doesn't want to go...so i think my hopes for the 2 are gone.
It's too long a drive for me to go myself.
It looks like Marshall won't get his lookalike new friend.
It would of been good b/c mike could visit his mom but he just doesn't feel up to going.
Maybe if they are still there next week when he feels better.
I'll keep you all updated.