PDA

View Full Version : utility costs!

joycenalex
08-19-2008, 05:18 AM
i am on the budget plan for my gas. my monthly cost just jumped 40% from $99 to $139. the electric company, also budget plan, has asked the public utilities commission for ohio for a 40% increase also, so it would be $55 to $77. my water/sewer bill went up last year 37%, that varies but is around $110 for 3 months. my salary did not go up by 40% this year. these costs are astounding.

sirrahbed
08-19-2008, 06:04 AM
Pretty much the same here - gas went up 40% on the fixed plan. All I have gas for is hot water - yet it is up so much due to costs. My electricity has not yet increased, but I am trying hard to cut back on it, getting ready for the price hikes. Most everything we have is electric!

I sympathize:rolleyes:

Freedom
08-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Not on the budget plan, but I know this is going to be a rough winter, cost wise. Been seeing all the approvals for rate increases going through, in our newspaper. Ugh!

Laura's Babies
08-19-2008, 08:42 AM
I think they all were sitting around one day and decided we wasted to much money on fast food, and all the stuff we really don't need, electronics, cell phones, computers ect and said "HAY! WE could get some of that money and line our own pockets if we raise our costs! They can afford it and we could get RICH!".. So it is happening! Everybody wants their piece of the pie and are out to get it from us.

smokey the elder
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm not looking forward to buying heating oil this winter.:( Last winter from the beginning to the end of the winter it went up by 33%.

cassiesmom
08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I read the title of this thread and went, GRRRRRRRR! Cable TV has gone up every single year. Electricity went up. Monthly assessment went up because of the high cost of natural gas for heat, plus the removal company charges the association more because the gas for garbage trucks is so expensive. I just got a notice of assessed valuation which means property taxes are going up again. The only good thing is that it has not been super-hot out for the past several days so I have not had to run the A/C - so electric bill for the month will be a little less. It's supposed to be in the high 80s all this week though. GRRRRRR!

lvpets2002
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
:rolleyes: Yup its amazing how daily living cost can climb & climb but your pay check stays the same.. Its like they just want to see how far to push you.. Heaven forbidd if the President could get a gripp on this.. Also how in the world does anyone make it on min wage..:confused:

Hellow
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree, Utility Costs have gone up a ton over the last 3-4 years. Although the cost of electronics in some areas is going down, everything else is going up. I always think: "Only worry about what you can control, and not what you can't control."

RICHARD
08-19-2008, 04:12 PM
I walk thru the house and turn off appliances whenever I can.

IT was a major point of contention in my mom's house. She'd run the TV 24/7!
I'd turn off lights and get yelled at. Sad to say that the next bill will be alot lower.

IT really helps to shut down all appliances that you are not using. I have even begun to shut off the monitor and modem when I am not using them.

joycenalex
08-20-2008, 05:56 AM
the local jobless rate is 6.1%, consumer prices have gone up 9.8% (huge, huge increase) and wholesale prices went up 1.2 % in july. these increases will push inflation up. this is gonna be a bad recession.

smokey the elder
08-20-2008, 08:10 AM
It's going to be the late 1970s all over again.:(