PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon found at NYC playground was painted purple

cassiesmom
08-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Pigeon found at NYC playground was painted purple

NEW YORK (AP) -- Pigeons come in many shades in New York City - but purple is typically not one of them.

That's why animal lover Joe Mora was stunned when he saw a pigeon at a Queens playground that had been painted a violet hue.

The pigeon was taken Friday to licensed wildlife rehabilitator Bobby Horvath. He said the bird is unable to fly because the feathers are completely rigid from the paint. But he says the animal is lucky its mouth or eyes didn't get stained.

American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals spokesman Joseph Pentangelo says if the bird was intentionally painted it "certainly" qualifies as animal cruelty.

---

A question: How would the bird have gotten paint all over itself, other than intentionally?

Miss Z
08-18-2008, 12:16 PM
:eek:

I expect they'll have a hard job proving who did it - plenty of people would visit a playground in one day. Too bad that whoever thought it would be funny to do this will probably get away with it. :(

lvpets2002
08-18-2008, 12:27 PM
:( That is just so Tragic & Horrible.. Poor wittle Pigeon.. Is this baby going to be fine?? Such Sorry A--Whips out there on the streets & just makes me so mad..:mad:

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Poor pigeon...not many people like the little guys but they are one of Gods creatures and should be respected the same way.

It irritates me when people think of any creature as "lesser" :(