PDA

View Full Version : As if I have enough problems!

davidpizzica
08-17-2008, 03:26 PM
On top of everything else that's happened to me, I now have a serious car problem! I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt with 8720 miles. Today when I went to church, the electronic power steering decided to QUIT. I made it to church and I managed to limp it home. Tomorrow, I'll drive it to the dealership with my brother following behind me. Thank goodness for warranties! This is too new of a car for this to happen.

carole
08-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Oh bro you are indeed having a year of it aren't you, well glad it is under warranty, hope it is simple to fix and you are back on the road in no time, nuisance though isn't it? HUGS.

davidpizzica
08-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh bro you are indeed having a year of it aren't you, well glad it is under warranty, hope it is simple to fix and you are back on the road in no time, nuisance though isn't it? HUGS.

Carole, up until now in the year and a half that I've owned it, it's been a very good running car. You're right , it's a nuisance. I need the car to go to doctors appointments.

Daisy and Delilah
08-17-2008, 05:31 PM
You have got to be kidding, David!! Just as things start looking up for me, your whole world starts crashing. Things have got to get better. If I had a car with so few miles and it malfunctioned, I would freak out. They'll probably find out that it's a sensor or something. I hope it's a simple fix.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

davidpizzica
08-17-2008, 05:51 PM
You have got to be kidding, David!! Just as things start looking up for me, your whole world starts crashing. Things have got to get better. If I had a car with so few miles and it malfunctioned, I would freak out. They'll probably find out that it's a sensor or something. I hope it's a simple fix.
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Terry, thank goodness it's new enough to be under warranty. It's still a pain because I have to take it back to the dealership and hopefully they'll give me a courtesy car. I was on Google today and it seemed like a lot of Cobalt owners were having the same problem. I guess I said "what next" too many times!

Laura's Babies
08-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Never ask "what next?".. You will find out soon enough!

It does amaze me that they have this problem with the car and you can bet they are aware of it so why not send out a recall before someone gets hurt? THEN, you can schedule the fix at a convient time rather than right in the middle of your busiest time!

Daisy and Delilah
08-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Never ask "what next?".. You will find out soon enough!

It does amaze me that they have this problem with the car and you can bet they are aware of it so why not send out a recall before someone gets hurt? THEN, you can schedule the fix at a convient time rather than right in the middle of your busiest time!

No matter what you do, don't ever ask what's next. Only too often, you might find out.
Thank goodness you've got that warranty alright. I hope it doesn't inconvenience you too much. You've got enough to worry about right now. This is why we make car payments isn't it? So we don't get stranded. But......you never know what might happen. It's scary.

davidpizzica
08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
My car is fixed, however you wouldn't believe what was wrong! MICE!! Some mice somehow got themselves in the engine compartment and chewed through about 1/2 dozen vital wires! I guess they thought that the wires were tasty. I'll have to pay $250 since mouse chewn wires are not covered under warranty.

lvpets2002
08-19-2008, 04:25 PM
:) Oh my my some expensive mice.. Maybe you can get them mice to clean windows or something to pay you for the $250.00.. :p Well so glad all is good & well & you are back & running..

davidpizzica
08-19-2008, 04:36 PM
:) Oh my my some expensive mice.. Maybe you can get them mice to clean windows or something to pay you for the $250.00.. :p Well so glad all is good & well & you are back & running..

If I ever catch up with those darn mice, they owe me for a wash and wax job!

lvpets2002
08-19-2008, 04:38 PM
If I ever catch up with those darn mice, they owe me for a wash and wax job!

:p Too funny.. I can just see those mice just a washing & waxing your car.. Oh yes you would be there supervising..:D

caseysmom
08-19-2008, 04:39 PM
I had the same problem with my brand new highlander back in November, I even started a thread, it was with rats and it costs me $200.

I had another occurance where one died inside the dash board and I had to take it apart because it started smelling!

davidpizzica
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
:p Too funny.. I can just see those mice just a washing & waxing your car.. Oh yes you would be there supervising..:D

Absolutely! Since they did a thorough job on my wires, they're going to do an equally thorough job with the washing and waxing!

Cinder & Smoke
08-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Since they did a thorough job on my wires ...

Words of caution ... Get RID of the Meeses!! FAST!

Either hire a CAT to patrol the garage, or
hide the cats and put :eek: poison or traps in the garage.

Until you *eliminate* the critters, your car will be in constant danger of a return visit
by the Wire Eaters - they never get 'full'.

shais_mom
08-20-2008, 05:04 PM
yeek.
what a fix!
Phred's right tho - you need to get rid of the mice.
Traps or stratigecally placed (ie: safely) poison so that Nikki doesn't get it.

reminds me of back when my sis and I took market lambs to the fair and they chewed thru the phone wires on the outside of my dad's shed.
we solved that problem come fair time until the following year~! ;)

Daisy and Delilah
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
Oh my gosh!!! My mother has the same problem with squirrels at her place.:rolleyes: