PDA

View Full Version : Cat Genie?

Laura's Babies
08-17-2008, 08:10 AM
http://www.catgenie.com/

Does anyone here have one of these or know anyone who does? My neighbor has one and brags on it all the time so I went over the other day so she could show me a demo of how it works. I was SO impressed with it.

She has a old cat, I think he is 13 or 14 years old and it took awhile to get him use to it but now he is and she is so pleased with it. It cleans and washed itself out and it smells so good.. the only thing is that it is so big that I don't know if I have a place to put it and it does have to have a water source and drainage which shouldn't be to big a problem to install.

Scooter's Mom
08-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Looks pretty neat.
I don't have room in a bathroom or my laundry room for one... my laundry room is also my pantry and I can't have a litter box in there; it would gross me out! LOL

jazzcat
08-17-2008, 12:01 PM
The lady who adopted Moxie and Decker's siblings from me (Twinks and Pops) had one and she wasn't that impressed with it. She bought it when they first came out and spent several hundred dollars on it and just said it was more trouble than it was worth and it scared a couple of her cats. I don't know any more than that because she changed jobs so Richard lost touch with her.

Taz_Zoee
08-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Looks neat. But I also have no place for it to fit in my house.

catmandu
08-17-2008, 01:52 PM
IF I HADA FEW CATS , I WOULD TRY THAT OUT, BIT WITH TEN CATS I AM NOT SURE HOW GOOD THAT WOULD BE!!!!
I THINK THAT THEY WOULD WEAR IT OUT!!!:eek::eek:

Medusa
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Y'know, maybe for one or two cats, but 7? I'm not so sure. I think I'd need at least 3 of them and that just isn't practical. I'm also wondering if some of the litter escapes and gets flushed away, too. I have a septic tank and sure don't need the grief of having a backed up septic. If I had only one cat, though, I might be tempted to give it a try.

sugarpaws
08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
I like the eco friendly feature, because we always worry about all the litter that we throw away. But with five cats, we would need two or three units, and this might take two much space like Mary said. I also wonder how does one retrain several cats to use a new system like this, without stressing them out etc...
Marina

cassiesmom
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't have room for it either. The other thing that worries me about it is how I'd keep an eye on what my senior kitty-zen is putting out (or not) if I'm not cleaning the pan.

Laura's Babies
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
The crystals are safe for septic systems my neighbor tells me..

With 4 cats I worried 1 would not be enough but then I got to thinking of the 5 boxes I have in the house, 3 of them, they never use. Boo will only use the uncovered box and the rest use that ONE box! (GO FIGURE :rolleyes:)... and that is the one I set up for Amy ONLY!