PDA

View Full Version : I am mad!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
09-06-2002, 11:06 AM
I just saw a commercial for ring pop candy... and the candy is supposed to be flavored like ice cream ... so they had kids licking the ring pop and then showing kids licking icecream and the scoop kept falling off the cone... then they were showing the scoop falling on like a shoe and stuff AND THEN A CAT! They show it so fast but it looks like the cat is hissing and then they drop a scoop of icecream on it and the cat runs away with ice cream on it's fur!! Do yall think I am over reacting? I can just imagine the poor cat having to endure the clean up process and a lot of people laughing at it.... and those people obviously don't care about it or they would never have done that to it. I am trying to find a way to contact them and I can't find one... I will have to keep looking..:mad: :mad: :mad:

NoahsMommy
09-06-2002, 12:22 PM
Poor kitty! That isn't nice to do in a commercial, real or not. How sad! :(

Ann
09-06-2002, 03:00 PM
That's so mean! Regardless if it was fake icecream or not, I'm sure the cat didn't like having to go through that. I once saw an episode of an America TV show about some young girl who was a witch or something (I THINK it was called Sabrina) and there was a black cat in there that they treated so bad! One person would lift him/her up and just swing or throw the cat over to another person and it was obvious the cat was scared :(

Uabassoon
09-06-2002, 03:44 PM
On the Sabrina show I'm pretty sure they use a fake cat.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Yes, it is fake. There might be a few scenes here and there, but in general it's a fake cat - especially when it talks. I'm not a big Sabrina fan, but I've watched it a couple of times just to see "Tubby" on TV. ;) :)

Heather Wallace
09-06-2002, 05:35 PM
Sara things like that make me angry too, so no you are right to be angry.

wayne0214
09-06-2002, 07:32 PM
Throwing a black cat for fun! It would have to be a fake cat, because no cat would endure that kind of treatment without shredding someone's hands.;)

..............wayne

Ann
09-07-2002, 03:50 AM
Yeah, I did notice that they used a fake cat for some of the scenes, but I am positive it was a real cat they used for the throwing scene :(

Heather Wallace
09-07-2002, 06:24 AM
I think that sara is talking about an ad for ring pop candy. We don't have that here so I haven't seen it.

RockyRoad
09-07-2002, 10:32 AM
That is totally unecessary in a commercial. Even if the cat is specially trained to handle that, I don't think that commercials really have to add in animals getting things dropped on them. I really don't think I or any other cat fan will find humor in that kind of thing. I don't think you're over reacting. You are just defensive about cats, and that's good. The thought of millions of kids sitting at home laughing because ice cream fell on a cat's head is just unbearable, and cats might be looked down on for animals that you just drop things on. See, I'm the one that's over reacting. Infact, the other day I was browsing around the channels and I found a children's show called CatDog. Anyway, everything bad happens to the cat, and the dog always gets the good stuff. What kind of rubbish is that!! Children's TV programs can sometimes make a mockery of cats. For God sake, look at Sylvester on Looney Tunes, or Tom on Tom and Jerry!! They all get hurt, and the dog or the mouse or whatever gets all the good things. Cats are going to be looked down on if this continues! I know I'm REALLY over reacting, but I hate how cats are made fun of on Cartoons. Now I'm really over reacting so I'm just going to leave and play with my cat. Oh and by the way, I have a million shows that make a mockery of cats if anybody wants to know. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kirsten
09-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Sara, I can understand you're upset! I remember how mad I was when I saw a commercial of the German Railway a few years ago. They showed a little girl finding her cat dead in the road, killed by a car. I immediately emailed the German railway to complain and let them know how much this commercial is hurting feelings. They replied they only wanted to show how safe the railway is compared to cars - cruel - and also stupid!

Kirsten

Aspen and Misty
09-08-2002, 12:52 AM
Poor kitties!!!!!!! I can't think of any cat that would want anything dropped on it! The poor thing! Nothing deserves to be treated that way!!!

09-08-2002, 04:51 AM
Fake or not , this is giving wrong ideas to all those animal haters !!! We have to teach people GOOD manners , not how we can "pester" sweet animals !!!!!!!!
I AM MAD TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :( :mad: :mad:

RockyRoad
09-08-2002, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
I just saw a commercial for ring pop candy... and the candy is supposed to be flavored like ice cream ... so they had kids licking the ring pop and then showing kids licking icecream and the scoop kept falling off the cone... then they were showing the scoop falling on like a shoe and stuff AND THEN A CAT!

Just now I was watching TV and I saw that commercial! That is really not needed in a commercial. Cats are looked down on as it is from all those stupid cartoon shows.

I am trying to find a way to contact them and I can't find one... I will have to keep looking..

I am too, and I am going to buy a Ring Pop today and see what it says on the back.