PDA

View Full Version : My mom is pretty sick.

RICHARD
08-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks to the people who have asked about her.

MY mom has cancer and is in a home for extended care. Things don't look good for her.

I have many things to look after and just trying to soak it all up.

Please keep her in your prayers and thanks again for all your good thoughts.

sparks19
08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Richard.

Both of you are in my prayers

Karen
08-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Aww, she will be in our prayers.

jazzcat
08-16-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. She and you will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Barbara
08-16-2008, 03:17 PM
Richard, hugs for you.
Been there, just one year ago.

Cinder & Smoke
08-16-2008, 03:28 PM
HI God ~

Prayer Pups here ... need Your Help wiff Richard's MOM ... she's not feelin so hot,
and we'd all really 'preciate it iffin You'd help her to feel a lil better.

Please send Mr. Ed da KAT ober to see GranMom - he'll be good therapy.
Tell him to crawl up in her lap reel gentle-like, then curl up an turn on da PURR motor.

Sendin her a few {{{God'sHugs}}} would be reel nice, too.
And maybe save a {{{Hug}}} fur da Big Kid - Richard. He'll prolly get all red inna face,
but give him one anyhow.

THANKS, God!!
/s/ the Prayer Pups

-------------------------

Hey Mrs. Mom ~~~

Here a BIG Wish
that you'll start
to FEE BETTER -
Reel Soon!!

{{{HUGS}}}
from Cinder, Smokey, & Dad

slick
08-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Richard:
:(:(LES
I'm so very sorry and you know that I'm sending lots of healing vibes and prayers. Have you sought out all the resources from the American Cancer Society??? They can help immensely especially with answer all the question I'm sure you have roaming around your head.

Cancer is a scary disease to deal with but please remember to stay positive. Send me a PM if I can help.

{{{hugs}}}
slick xoxoxo

Casper
08-16-2008, 03:39 PM
((((Hugs)))) and good vibes headed that way for you and your mum.
Cancer is one of the only diseases that truly scares me. :(
I will keep both of you in my thoughts.

Daisy and Delilah
08-16-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Richard. How devastating.:(

I'll keep you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers.:( {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

lizbud
08-16-2008, 04:31 PM
I am so sorry to hear your Mother is very ill.:( She & You will be in my
thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
08-16-2008, 04:48 PM
Richard, when you first hear the diagnosis, your brain goes into a tailspin. All of us here on PT are praying for your mom and you and if you need to talk and feel that you can't let it all out to people there, please PM me. I'll help in any way that I can. Keep the faythe, bud.

Kirsten
08-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Richard, I'm very sorry to hear these news about your mom!

She'll be in my thoughts...

Kirsten

Willow Oak
08-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Bonnie sends you a big smile! She says she's thinking of you!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/Bonnie.jpg

Cathy sends her love and prayers, too!!!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/HappyCathy.jpg

The gang has you in their sites!!!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii182/eulersequation/CopyofDogsOnSetee.jpg

Our daddy was real, real sick just a few weeks ago, and we know how you feel. We're thinking of you!

Scooter's Mom
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Richard, your mom and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
((Hugs)) in the meantime.

Grace
08-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Richard, I'm so very sorry to hear this. You will both be in my prayers.

gini
08-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Richard, You know how very sorry I am to hear this news about your Mom.

I am right in the area - and if there is ANYTHING at all that I can do for you, please give me a call, and I would be glad to help.

In the meantime we need some TOP PET TALK PRAYERS for her comfort
and care.

Laura's Babies
08-16-2008, 07:06 PM
I noticed you hadn't posted since I got back and was worried something was wrong.. I am sorry to hear you are going through this.

You are both in my prayers! I know what you are going through, was there for my Mom when she had cancer... so I know. Treasure every moment, they are priceless.

Catty1
08-16-2008, 07:12 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}
:love:

RICHARD
08-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Ack.

Thank you all again.....I didn't have LES until I started to read your posts.

Um...

It's a long story and I don't know how much of it was preventable.

Mom is a person who is very private and old fashioned. Men doctors? No way.
Hospitals? scary. I am very angry at her stubbornness and inability to ask for help way back when. It doesn't help that I sat there and could do nothing until she took a fall and then decided to go to the hospital.

I have 5 brothers and sisters, who will probably be the biggest problems in the future. It really sucks to to be together and so far apart at times. That really hurts. Being put in charge of 'things' makes it a bigger task than it should be.

I will make it. I have been thru the 'wars' before and know what I have to do to survive.:)

Thank you again my friends. It's wonderful to know that my "family away from family" cares and I really appreciate it.

I will keep you posted and want to say that I love you all!

RockyRoad
08-16-2008, 07:15 PM
So sorry to hear this sad news about your mother. :( I`ll be thinking of and praying for the both of you.

wolf_Q
08-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this news. :( I'll be keeping you and your mom in my thoughts.

Catty1
08-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Richard - I know you have been through this 'war' before; and to face perhaps losing the other most important woman in your life is something I thought of and I worried about you.

I don't know if they are trying any treatment?

Is Ed allowed to visit her, or would he freak out?

Wishing you many good days with her yet.

Karen
08-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Aww, that picture of Bonnie's smile ought to make her feel better. Is there a computer where she is that you could show her our well-wishes?

Moesha
08-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I just wanted to add my thoughts and well wishes to everyone else's words of support and encouragement.

Taz_Zoee
08-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Richard, I am so sorry about your mother. You will both be in my thoughts.

Cinder & Smoke
08-16-2008, 07:56 PM
I am very angry at her stubbornness and inability to ask for help way back when.
It doesn't help that I sat there and could do nothing
until she took a fall and then decided to go to the hospital.

DON'T beat yourself up over this, Richard!

You're a long way from being the 'only one' with a Stubborn Mom!
:rolleyes:

Most Moms seem to have snuck off and taken a class titled "How to
Ignore all the Heathy Stuff we taught the Kids". :eek:

If you don't yet have it, TRY to get Mom to sign a "Medical Power of Attorney"
so the YOU have the right to talk to her doctors and insist
(possibly over her objections) that she be treated in the way the doctors
feel is best for her condition. At the very least it gives you the right to
discuss her ailments and participate in deciding upon treatments.

And no matter HOW *frustrated* you get - remember -
the only things she really wants are :love:, {{{HUGS}}}, and SMILES :) ~
nothing else really matters.

;)

K9soul
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Richard, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's poor health. I will be keeping her in my prayers. ((hugs)) to you.

Emeraldgreen
08-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Prayers going out to both you and your mom. It's a difficult time and being the 'one' in the family to handle it all makes it even harder. I too went through the same thing. Try to take it one hour at a time and you'll make it through. My thoughts are with you.

Freedom
08-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Aw geez, Richard, I am sorry to be reading this. Do what you need to do for you, and that will make things easier as you help care for mom. Prayers for both of you, and hugs all around as well. And some chin rubs for Ed D Kat, as he knows things are off kilter, he just doesn't understand WHY, as he is KING and he says things should be normal.

Pam
08-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I am so sorry to read this Richard. I hate it when bad things happen to good people and we know your mom is a good woman because look at the son she raised. :) Sending you both big ((((hugs)))) and prayers.

dukedogsmom
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm so sorry. I didn't know of her situation. Very sorry to hear this. Hugs and well wishes sent your way.

Alysser
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
So sorry to hear this, RICHARD. I wish you and your mom the best of luck.

kuhio98
08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Richard ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope there are some treatment options available. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Medusa
08-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Richard, when my mom had her first heart attack, I had two sisters living near her, one just a few doors down, the other approximately 15 minutes away, all in PA. I lived in OH, 3 hours away, but guess who was put "in charge" to handle things and take care of her when she came home from hospital? The task always falls to the one most capable. As you say, you've been through the wars and you'll know what to do, how to do it and you'll get it done. And we all will be right there beside you in spirit every step of the way. Above all else, love your mom (I know I don't have to tell you that) and love yourself, too. Caregivers need love even more sometimes. Turn to us for support; we're here and we can take it. Keep the faythe, bud.

RICHARD
08-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Mom has had chemo and the are trying to keep her as comfortable as possible.

LOL, all this time you thought I was a Mama's boy!:p

I was able to talk to my big sis tonite and am hoping that she will be able to help me carry the load. After Dad passed in '01 the family kinda sailed apart. It's not the optimum situation to bring everyone back 'together' but we will make it thru.

Before I go on I want to say that my mom got a HUGE KICK out of the Xmas Card exchange. I'd let her open the cards (But, they aren't addressed to me!), and she loved every single one.

She's on some pain meds and altho her eyesight is better than it was before- she's also diabetic- I'll print out your well wishes and pass them on!

The paperwork things are being taken care of, I have some calls to make to her health plan and other concerns.

-------

I have moments of 'beating myself up' over what has happened but you can be assured that with your warm wishes, things will work out for the best.

Only god knows and he's not telling.;)

The last year has been a real test of who I am. It's been tough, but what doesn't kill you, makes you think you can live forever....I think!?!

Thanks to everyone, again, you are all appreciated more than you know.

P.S. I thought about taking the Edster on a 'road trip'....I have to see what my insurance will cover!:rolleyes:

K9karen
08-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Richard, I'm so sorry to read about your mom.
*Sigh* All the women on my mom's side sound exactly like your mom and most of their illnesses could have been less dramatic if they practiced what they preached.

I got the brunt of caring for my parents and, now, a 90 year old aunt in a nursing home and her 95 y.o hubby who lives alone. But that's OK. You'll have no regrets. I like to say I'm the "good kid" :p

My prayers are with you.

jennielynn1970
08-17-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, Richard. I hope the chemo won't be too hard on her, and that she'll be ok.

It would be really cool if you could take Ed to see her. I think a lot of long term care facilities do allow animals because they are such a boost to the spirits.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope mom will rebound and get better.

ChrisH
08-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Oh, Richard, I am so sorry to hear your Mum is so ill. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for you both. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif

Barbara
08-17-2008, 04:37 AM
Richard I think what Phred said about the "Medical Power of Attorney" is very true. We had my mom sign one when she became so ill and we were very happy to have it later.
Plus: unfortunately it is normal that you experience the most conflict with your closest relatives when something like that happens. Try to play it as cool as possible. Don't waste energy on it- you'll need it for you and your mom.

chocolatepuppy
08-17-2008, 05:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your mom Richard. My prayers go out to both of you.

Ginger's Mom
08-17-2008, 07:28 AM
I am so sorry to hear that your mother and you are going through so much. More prayers are going out for both of you.

Randi
08-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Richard, I'm so sorry to hear your mom is ill. :( I hope the treatment she gets will make her better! Parents can be so stubborn when it comes to going to hospital - I know first hand! Four days before John and I came back from a holiday in Spain, her doctor had told her she needed a blood transfusion, but she refused to get it before I was back.

Over that period, my sister wasn't much help, so I know there's a lot to deal with for you. I do hope you can count on your sister!

I don't know what Medical Power of Attorney is, but it's probably a good idea to get it signed.

I'm sending lots of positive thoughts to your mom - and to you. Hang in there, and do what you can!

(((hugs))) .... and headbumpies from Fister.

robinh
08-17-2008, 07:54 AM
You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy this time, you'll remember how close you become...later.

I did this back in 2001 with my dad. No matter how you think you've prepared, everything that hits you during this time is all such a shock. Just dealing with the mountains of paperwork is frightening.

Laura's Babies
08-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Your Mother sounds exactly like mine was. NO doctors and just forget hospitals and actually, I think she lived longer because of it. If she ever took medicine they gave her to take, she would only take half of what she was suppose to take. Again, I think she was healthier and lived longer because of it!

When Mama was diagnosed with cancer, she flat refused any kind of treatment for it. She was 80 years old and said she would not survive surgery and she knew it. She also refused any treatment. We agreed with her although the doctors wanted us to have her declared incompetent and make her have the surgery. To us it was QUALITY verses quanity and what kind of quality would she have has cut all up in her already fragile shape... she just would not have survived the surgery, she was far to frail.. They told us she would only live a year but they didn't know her! She lived 17 more months and was up and around every single day, including the day she died.

This may sound terriably odd Richard, but some of our best times were while she was dying. I discussed things openly and frankly with her often about her condition, I held nothing back. I even told her when we went and made her "arrangements" and what they were and she was very pleased with what we arranged for her saying she has a great life and was ready to move on. We joked and laughed, kidded each other every day. I cleaned up her messy butt many times and LOVED doing it. To bathe her, I would get in the shower with her and we were like a couple of kids together in the shower, it was SO MUCH FUN! Those are priceless, treasured moments we shared and I do not regret one second of them. We were closer then than ever and created more than a lifetime of memories in those 17 months. I treasure every one of them.

Bengalz
08-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Richard,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and understand very well the situation you are in and the emotions you feel. My own mother has Alzheimers and both my husband's parents' days are numbered (Parkinsons and simply old age).

It is an inevitable world we live in and when the time comes for our parents it is so tough. We second guess ourselves and feel emotions we didn't know existed.

Some very good advice I've been given is to spend as much quality time with your Mom while you can. It is heart-wrenching but very necessary - for her and for you. Don't forget to tell her you love her - that's all that really matters :love:

Take care of yourself and know there are many here who care.

Hugs, Betty

joycenalex
08-17-2008, 09:53 AM
richard, i am so sorry to read about your moms' illness. our moms walk so heavy in our lives, that their footfalls echo for years. would your mom like some snail mail cards to open? hugs and hopes for good days, joyce

Daisy and Delilah
08-17-2008, 10:16 AM
{quote}The last year has been a real test of who I am. It's been tough, but what doesn't kill you, makes you think you can live forever....I think!?!{end quote}

I know what you mean, Richard. This profound statement you made really hits close to home for me.

I just wanted to send more thoughts and prayers out to you. I'm sorry you're all having to go through this. Your Mom sounds like a great gal. {{{{{RICHARD, MOM, AND, FAMILY}}}}}

Felicia's Mom
08-17-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry your mom is in poor health, Richard. Keeping both of you in my thoughts and Prayers.

dukedogsmom
08-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Richard, I think us sending cards to her is a wonderful idea (as suggested a few posts up) You said she really enjoyed the Christmas cards. I'd love to make her one. And don't forget Hospice. They were a tremendous help to my friend when her mother was ill.

Everyone's sentiments are making me weepy. I don't know what I'll do if, or when, this time comes for me.

catnapper
08-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I am so very sorry to hear how ill your mom is. The two of you will be in my prayers.

carole
08-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Richard i am very sorry to read this, i hope PT can bring you some comfort in this worrying time for you, my thoughts are with you, HUGS.

krazyaboutkatz
08-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Richard, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.:( My thoughts and prayers are going out to the both of you. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

caseysmom
08-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Richard, My prayers are with you and your Mother.

Karen
08-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Cards would be a nice idea, and I have spoken to Richard. He thinks it best if we send the cards to his home address, so it gives him something to talk about when he brings them to his mom.

Anyone who wants to send her a card, PM me, and I'll send you his mother's name, and Richard's name and address.

cassiesmom
08-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. She and you will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mine as well,
Elyse

Logan
08-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Richard, I know you are so close to your mother, so this has to be upsetting for you. I hope that she will remain comfortable and that every day will create a cherished memory for you both. Please know that she, and you, will be in our prayers.

Logan

shais_mom
08-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I've been away for a couple days Richard, so sorry to hear this.
Big and gentle hugs to you and mom.
prayers on the way.

Killearn Kitties
08-18-2008, 03:40 AM
I had no idea that you mum was ill Richard. I will be withing you all the very best during this time. I hope that family can all be supportive for her.

kt_luvs_kitties
08-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Richard, I am sorry to hear about your mother. It is a terrible position to be in. I know you will stay strong, for her, for you, and for Ed.

I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

I was also going to bring up sending a card. I think that will be a great joy for her, knowing that LOTS of people, who have never even met her, care. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-18-2008, 06:56 AM
I will make a special 3D-card for her:)

4 Dog Mother
08-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Richard, I am very sorry your mother is going through this. I am also sorry that you are the one who has to do most of the things that need to be done for her right now. I will keep both you and her in my prayers.

RedHedd
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
RICHARD, I'm sorry to hear about your mother's illness. Prayers going out your way that the going gets easier. Hang in there. You know we :love: you.

slick
08-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Just stopping in quickly to offer up more prayers and good thoughts. Richard, you and your family have been on my mind the whole time.
:love:

kimlovescats
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Richard, I'm so sorry to hear this. I pray for your mom and for strength for you!

Hugs,
Kim

carole
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Just wondering how things are going? take care Richard, we are all thinking of you and your mother.:love:

lvpets2002
08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
:love: Oh my Richard I just now read this.. So Sorry about your Mother.. I do send lots of Prayers & Huggss to the both of you.. God Bless

KYS
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
My Heart full of prayers and thoughts go out to you and yours.
Cancer hits close to home.

RICHARD
08-19-2008, 02:15 PM
THanks again,

She is doing o.k., under the circumstances and is still very onery and outspoken.;)

THanks for all your prayers, thoughts and wishes.

PT, as always, really rocks.:)

Cinder & Smoke
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
She is doing o.k., under the circumstances;
and is still very ornery and outspoken.;)

"Doing OK" is good!

Not to make lite of your Mom's situation, but MY Mom was often considered to be
"a bit ornery" - and she could certainly be "outspoken"! ;)

Her regular Caregivers learned quickly that when Mom made up her mind about something,
"change" was not an option.

MANY was the time we'd (Cinder, Smokey, and I) escort Mom out to the Overlook at the
FAR end of the Retirement Village complex ... admittedly a bit of a hike
for two Dawgs and a lil ole Lady with a walker ...
If another resident would pass and ask Mom how she was 'enjoying her walk' ...
Her frequent reply was "Oh, my son and the dogs MAKE me come out here
'cause I like it so much."
I always *hoped* the other Inmates understood what she meant.

So get used to it, Richard - being "Ornery and Outspoken" is a right the Moms have earned.

:)

jennielynn1970
08-19-2008, 03:11 PM
She is doing o.k., under the circumstances and is still very onery and outspoken.;)

Not sure about your mom, but when my dad is ornery and outspoken, it means he's feeling better, and more like himself, lol!

More feel better vibes going out to your mom!

smokey the elder
08-20-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm sorry about your Mom. {{Hugs}}:love:

momoffuzzyfaces
08-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry Richard, I just saw this. Lots of prayers on the way for your mom and you and the family. :love:

Lillycat
08-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your mothers illness......prayers going out to you and your family.....

RICHARD
08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks again for asking and sending your good thoughts out.

There have been so many things to think and worry about, it's nice to know that you are all out there and sending the good vibes out.

-------------

Give all your loved ones a hug, for no reason at all, and remember that when you really feel down, you could be a lot 'downer'. ;)

Although things can look bad, sometimes a quick glance around will reinforce the idea that things could be worse.

Thanks again!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Here is the card I made for your mom. I hope she likes it:)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/card.jpg

Karen
08-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh, Lut, that's beautiful!

Daisy and Delilah
08-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Your card is really beautiful, Lut.

Sending more thoughts and prayers out to you and Mom, Richard.

RICHARD
08-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Here is the card I made for your mom. I hope she likes it:)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/card.jpg

Oh great.......I have a keyboard in my lap and have LES.....are you trying to kill me?;)

What a wonderful design....thanks!

----------

Good news,

The doc went to see her a few days ago. She's doing a bit better.

ALso, she has agreed to get her affairs in order. Whew!

I wish I could get rid of the BS between the family members....that's another thread....

Thanks!

Scooter's Mom
08-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Sending thoughts to you and your mom as well as the remainder of your family.

((HUGS)) from me and headbumpies from all the kitties.

Alysser
08-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Glad to hear things are looking up for your mom. :) I hope the progress continues.

gini
08-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Lut, your card is just amazing. I just know that Richard's mother is going to love it.

Bless you for making this special card for her.:love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-25-2008, 03:42 AM
Lut, your card is just amazing. I just know that Richard's mother is going to love it.

Bless you for making this special card for her.:love:

:o you make me blush :o:D

Medusa
08-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Everyone is right, Lut. That is, indeed, a beautiful card.

jazzcat
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Glad to hear she is doing a little better.

More prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

RICHARD
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM
She's doing o.k., enough to argue and fight with us.

Some cards have come in, thank you for all your thoughts, prayers and kindness!

The reason I wanted them sent to her house was so they would not get sidetracked by inquisitive minds.;)

kimlovescats
08-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Glad to hear that your mom is doing better, Richard! Just want to send some more prayers and ((((HUGS))).

Lut, what a beautiful card!

slick
08-29-2008, 02:20 PM
I looked your Mom up in the white pages and her address is the same as yours. Right???

More prayers on the way! :love:

RICHARD
08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I looked your Mom up in the white pages and her address is the same as yours. Right???

More prayers on the way! :love:

YES.

LOL, I have always wanted to live in a "Half House" for example, If you have more that one home on a lot you would have 1234 Main Street-for the main house and the other home would be 1234 1/2 Main Street-they tack on the 1/2 to show that it's another home at that address.

But the tax man comes in and charges you for that house! :rolleyes:

I'm happy being a whole number!:D

slick
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
LOL, I have always wanted to live in a "Half House" You mean a "half way house"????? LOL :D

RICHARD
08-29-2008, 03:43 PM
You mean a "half way house"????? LOL :D

Shut up....Stay out of my mind...:eek:

I thought about that!:D

AdoreMyDogs
08-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm so sorry your mom is sick :( I can't imagine how difficult this must be to see your mom this way. I am glad to hear she's feeling better, she's in my prayers that she'll continue feeling better.

Lut that card is beautiful, I'm sure she'll love it.

Oggyflute
08-30-2008, 07:23 AM
My best thoughts and wishes to your Mum and yourself Richard.

Randi
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Richard, it's good to hear your mom is a bit better, but you could certainly do without the mess with your sister.

I'm sending more positive thoughts to your mom and to you. :)

slick
08-31-2008, 12:22 AM
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=6643916

A candle for your Mom, Richard.
I also have a candle burning in my living room for her.

(((hugs))) slick :love::love:

RICHARD
08-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks to you all again.

She is better but is giving us a devil of a time.

It's long a complicated.

She wants to come home but because of her condition and her desire not to work with us and the people at the home we are at a stalemate.

IT's not for this thread!!!!:mad:

carole
08-31-2008, 06:17 PM
oh dear so sorry to hear it has become so complicated,the fact she is fit enough to argue with you still is a good sign really, although i understand how fustrating it must be for you , i only can hope things improve and you can work around this stalemate, good luck Richard, i think you are gonna need it, HUGS.

Ginger's Mom
09-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Richard, I may not be posting, but I am keeping you, your mom and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Kirsten
09-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Keeping you and your mom in my thoughts, wishing you all the strength needed to make it through these difficult times...

Kirsten

RICHARD
09-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Thank you all for your good thoughts and cards.

Some good news.

THe doc went to see Ma and he is thinking about another round of chemo,
He said that the mass is shrinking and looks better.

Wow,

I may just sign up for the POTD healthcare plan, IT REALLY WORKS!;)

Medusa
09-05-2008, 09:43 PM
That really is good news, Richard. We're keeping the prayers going here in Ohio.....

dukedogsmom
09-05-2008, 10:31 PM
That is great to hear! I hope she continues to improve.

Lillycat
09-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Good news Richard~~~ glad to hear that!!!

Bengalz
09-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Excellent news Richard :) All Paws crossed for the chemo to help.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
You're a long way from being the 'only one' with a Stubborn Mom!

Ditto! Why must they be that way? ;):rolleyes::D (of course, we really wouldn't have them any other way, would we?)

She's doing o.k., enough to argue and fight with us.
Richard, the good news is she is doing well enough to argue and fight. When she gives up on that, then you know you're in trouble - seriously.

I'm so sorry your mother is going through this. The "elderly years" should be peaceful and happy, not spent in hospitals and nursing homes. :( But she, and you, will make it through this I'm sure, and maybe in all the turmoil you and your siblings will become closer again after drifting apart after your father's death.

{{{hugs}}} to you and our thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom.

RICHARD
09-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Has anyone seen or been to a concert where one of the band members will go out into the crowd and they are held up by the fans and get passed around?

Well, that's the way that I feel. Thanks for all the propping up that you have given me.

I have no fear and know that none of you will let me fall. It's wonderful to know that all my brothers and sisters, who I have never met and have come from exchanging stories and banter about our pets, would be so important to me in my time of need.

I could never thank you all enough.

I told my mom that I forgot some of the cards that had come in since I saw her last. She started to tear up and began to say that, "people who didn't know her......"

She stopped, I stopped and we had a quiet moment.

-----------

I will return all PMs - I come to PT to get away from my reality and you all reel me back in and help me be a bigger person.

Again, thanks to everyone, go give your loved ones and pets a huge hug today.

Should they ask, "what was that for?" or try to squirm away.

Hug them tighter.:)

Genny
09-08-2008, 03:00 AM
i;m sorry about your mom i will pray for her....

Lillycat
09-12-2008, 05:53 PM
your last post was most touching .......we need allllll our friends and others that care to carry us through the difficult times......thank you for your wonderful post.....Lilly

catfamily
09-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Richard...I am so so sorry about your mom.
I did not even see or hear about this until now.
I feel Terrible!
me and Mike will pray for her...tonight.
We have been reading a new bible and will add your mom for an extra special prayer.
So sorry Richard.Love to you and your mom and family.

RICHARD
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
MOm just had her second run at chemo.

THey took her to the hospital and she's back at the ECF.

She's doing as well as expected!

Thanks again to all you for your well wishes and good thoughts!:D

Catty1
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Hope she's back to ORNERY in no time! :D

Hugs and prayers to you and your mom.:love::love:

captain
09-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Hugs and Prayers Richard.
I am so sorry I only came across this now. My thoughts are with you.

Love
Michelle

Cinder & Smoke
09-25-2008, 08:30 PM
"She's doing as well as expected!"

I sure hope there are very HIGH 'expectations' involved here!!

Keep reminding Mom that all of Ed's fellow PT FurKids are
*krossin Pawz & Klawz* in her behalf on a nightly basis.

Let's get WELL, Mom!! :love: :love:

Karen
09-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I will return all PMs - I come to PT to get away from my reality and you all reel me back in and help me be a bigger person.

Hmm, were you only 5' 2" when you started posting here? I am getting afraid - we may create the world's biggest guy ...

(Just kidding.)

RICHARD
09-25-2008, 11:12 PM
Hmm, were you only 5' 2" when you started posting here? I am getting afraid - we may create the world's biggest guy ...

(Just kidding.)

LOL, 5 foot nothing!

THanks again!:D

catfamily
09-26-2008, 12:26 AM
prayers and more from us Richard..I'm so sorry your mom is going through so much.:(

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-26-2008, 09:51 AM
GOOG LUCK to your mom, Richard!!

ps. Hey, did she ever receive my flowercard?

Randi
09-26-2008, 10:49 AM
It's been a while since I posted here.... just want to wish your mom ALL THE BEST! :) Fister is also laying here with his paws crossed. ;)

I know this second run at chemo may be a little tough on your mom, but I hope she'll get better in the end!

(((hugs))) (((purrs))) from us.

RICHARD
10-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Here's an update!

Mom is doing fairly well!

The cancer is shrinking and her wound is doing very well!

Her hair is falling out because of the chemo but I had a really nice time with her yesterday!

Thanks for the cards that you all have sent.

Love you all and thanks again for your continued support and well wishes!

captain
10-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Richard,
That is great news about it shrinking ..... :)

Thinking of you.
Michelle

Cinder & Smoke
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Mom is doing fairly well!

The cancer is shrinking and her wound is doing very well!

... I had a really nice time with her yesterday!

:D

Way to go, MOM!!!!

Keep on Feelin BETTER ~
and we'll keep on Prayin!! ;)

{{{Hugs}}} to ya Both!

gini
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Richard, I am so glad that she is doing much better - it must make you feel better too.

I think all of us will continue with our prayers just the same - so that she continues on this good path.

NoahsMommy
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
This is wonderful news, Richard. Especially about your nice day yesturday. :) :) :)

Keeping your family in my prayers. I think I'll send her another card...

Hugs & Love,
Kelly & Kits

xoxoxo

Medusa
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Good to hear, Richard. And it's also good that you had such a nice visit w/your mom. Prayers w/out ceasing here.....

Lillycat
10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
and your Mom........