PDA

View Full Version : Bozeman Montana

Marigold2
08-15-2008, 10:28 PM
I have been wanting to move for a while now. Do not like the Cleveland, Ohio area. I have been hearing good news about Bozeman, went their twice as a child. Does anyone live out there?
I also love Seattle but it's very expensive. A small shack costs $300.000.
Anyone out in the Portland, Or area? Have heard nice things about that area as well.

DJFyrewolf36
08-16-2008, 12:53 AM
I myself love Oregon. I don't live in Portland but its not too far from me (well I dont concider a 2 hr drive far lol)

Eugne is a nice area. Some people say the people here are snobbish but to me everyone seems nice in comparison to Reno.

Portland is a bit too big for my tastes, but Eugene is a nice middle ground. The college is great too and if you like the outdoors there is pleanty to do. :D

Marigold2
08-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Thank you, I too have heard good things about Eugene. Our kids are all grown and moved out so we can go pretty much were we want. I might even tell them where we are going. :p:p:p
I love cool weather, snow. Growing up on a farm the outdoors is one of my favorite places to be. I am a gardener.
However we do like to have the high end options available as well. Shopping, dining, shows, cultural events. First rate medical care.
Steve's job is with high end clients so we need a large base. I work in medical so a job find is easy for me.
One thing I don't like is heat, never did but even more so with these wonderful hot flashes. :(:(:(
The Pacific Northwest is so lovely. I just hope we can afford something out there. Here in Ohio houses are not selling and those that do get bottom dollar. It 's very sad here.
Thanks again,

DJFyrewolf36
08-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Eugene has some of the best medical care facilites in the western US (and they are hiring too as they just build a huge new hospital ;) )

Eugene is also very culturally diverse, with a lot of shows and shopping. And if Eugene isn't offering much in the way of shows at any given moment, Corvalis or Portland usually is. Having two huge colleges so close together is sometimes a good thing! The weather is great for the most part. It isn't quite as rainy as people make it out to be although this year Im told its been a bit hotter than usual.

I'm happy to tell people how nice this area is. :D I took a leap of faith uprooting and I'm very glad I did!

k9krazee
08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm sorry, I have no advice or anything constructive to say, I just wanted to say that I LOVE Bozeman! I've only been there twice but I think it'd be an awesome place to live. :cool: