PDA

View Full Version : Outrage!

Laura's Babies
08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
THIS is the shelter my Grandkitty Dusty came from....

I got home and only caught the tail end of this story and I am completely outraged! I talked to a lady today who knew someone who helped out there and got the inside scoop and it is horriable. People running the place that were not trained or even animal people. They kept secrete their plans to kill all these animals, the vet who did it, did not test a single one of them for ANY illness and he did the stick the needle in the heart with nothing else!

They were claiming it was a airborn disease they all had, yet none were tested and the ones that did get taken out before hand, has shown NO signs of illnesses.

Crowd protests animal killings!
http://www.hammondstar.com/articles/2008/08/15/top_stories/9214.txt

http://www.hammondstar.com/articles/2008/08/15/top_stories/9219.txt

http://www.hammondstar.com/articles/2008/08/15/top_stories/9216.txt

IRescue452
08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
I feel bad for the animals, I really do. But...the public has no rights to being outraged. The animals were euthanized in a humane manner not against any animal welfare laws and the shelter had all rights to the animals' lives. If for one week all shelters in the country stopped accepting animals, tens of thousands of people would have their animals euthanized on their own just for an easy way to get rid of them.

sparks19
08-15-2008, 11:01 PM
I feel bad for the animals, I really do. But...the public has no rights to being outraged. The animals were euthanized in a humane manner not against any animal welfare laws and the shelter had all rights to the animals' lives. If for one week all shelters in the country stopped accepting animals, tens of thousands of people would have their animals euthanized on their own just for an easy way to get rid of them.

I agree.

The shelter we got Belle from recently closed down with no info as to where all the animals went.

I am just glad we got Belle out of there and she had been there for 6 months. some of the animals were there for over a YEAR.

YOu just never know and a shelter really has the right to put down any animal as long as they dont break animal cruelty laws. it's sad... but legal.

Catty1
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
IF the vet there did use needle in the heart - that is very cruel.

They used the same method to kill moms and their new babies in the Nazi death camps...giving the moms a couple of days with their babies first.

Unspeakable.

God, I hope Spay and Neuter becomes more and more widespread...

Medusa
08-16-2008, 08:34 AM
When I first rescued Creamsicle who's a CH baby and I had never heard of CH, my regular vet was out of town and his associate recommended that I euthanize her. He said that because she was so tiny, he wouldn't be able to inject her vein and that he'd have to put a needle in her heart and that it would be painful. I was so shocked by that statement that I told him not to lay a finger on her, that I was coming to get her and I stayed on my cell phone the entire time w/the vet clinic during my ride there to make sure they didn't euthanize her. If these cats died in that way, then I'm truly sorry and can only comfort myself and others w/knowing that they are now illness -and -pain -free. I just wish they could have/would have tried to save some of them.