PDA

View Full Version : Bug bite on the eye!

DJFyrewolf36
08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Sigh...I hate bugs!

While at work the day before yesterday, I was bitten on the eyelid by a misquito. I didn't think anything of it, as I've been bitten a billion times in Nevada by the little jerks and other than some itching, nothing came of it. The misquitos here seem to give me a bit more of a reaction though. Any bite Ive gotten on the hands or arms have swollen up and have itched a LOT more than Im used to. Nothing a little anti-itch lotion and time didn't fix though ;).
Now my eyelid is SWOLEN to the point where I can hardly see out of it :eek:. It was like that yesterday too, but I figured some rest and an anti alergy pill would take care of it...of course not :mad:. Now I'm going to the clinic to get it looked at by a doctor, I hope they can figure something out!
I'll post an update as soon as I get home. Bugs...argh!

sirrahved
08-15-2008, 02:43 PM
That sounds just awful! I hope they can get you quick relief.

prechrswife
08-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Ouch! My 2 1/2 year old daughter was bitten on the eyelid a couple of weeks ago, and her eye was pretty swollen. Thankfully, Benadryl seemed to do the trick for her.

Husky_mom
08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
mosquitos are a reason I ALWAYs ALWAYS have Off Repellent with me... LOL... it was worse when I was younger but they still tend to "prefer" me over other people around..:rolleyes: my kid has my curse too :(

hope your eye gets better....

maybe ask for some afterbite that you can actually use everywhere... I have one from cutters but itīs not intended for the eye area... it works pretty good fir those itchs and swollen parts

Medusa
08-15-2008, 05:03 PM
I got a bee sting on the eye once and it itched like crazy, so I imagine a mosquito bite must be maddening. I'm sure you already know this but for the swelling it's ice, ice, baby. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
08-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Well Im back from the doctor...
They told me to ice it and get benadryl. At least I got a note excusing me from work yesterday and today :o
What a wonderful way to spend 3 hours :rolleyes:
Thanks for the well wishes!