PDA

View Full Version : Puppymill horror in national news

Freedom
08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
From a newsletter I receive:

Recently, in PA., an Amish Puppy Miller was given a choice of either getting veterinary care for his 80 dogs or turning the whole kit and caboodle over to the USDA, meaning he would have to give his dogs up if he didnt get minimal vet care for them.

Well, this "man" and I use the word loosely, chose another option.

Yes, very sadly, there were Bichons in this kennel. :(

We of course only learned of this after the fact.

Pa. Official Says 2 Kennel Operators Shot 80 Dogs
Wardens Had Ordered Dozens of Animals Checked for Fleas
http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=5572228

Read more news stories. As I have told you before this is NOT illegal and the kennel owner faces no charges. (Not from man, anyway. Wait until the day he closes his eyes on this earth for the last time.)

Read more news stories about Kennel Owners shooting 80 Dogs and yes, it was LEGAL.
http://search.aol.com/aol/search?invocationType=client91_searchbox&query=80%20dogs%20shot%20PA

Pam
08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I could just cry. I am simply stunned that this could happen and that shooting a dog is legal. Surely the outrage from this will help change the laws. The following sentence from the article sums it up. Why oh why, didn't these men just give the dogs up. :( :(

The breeders could have turned the dogs over to rescue groups, said Howard Nelson, chief executive officer of the Pennsylvania Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

"Every humane society in the state would have taken those dogs," Nelson said.

Sadly, they are in a better place now then where they were, but they could have found loving homes if they had just been released to rescue. :(

Husky_mom
08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
I have no words... except the most hideous nasty ones for this occurrance....

why?... really why didnīt they just let them go.....

I really canīt believe all that shooting was legal.... someona has to change some laws... and someone has to pay... I know they will pay but they should pay here too.. not just when they go into flames

Catty1
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
I hope that the court of public opinion and reaction makes this man's life the hell it was for these poor dogs! :mad:

elizabethann
08-15-2008, 02:18 PM
"They were old, and we were hearing that they don't want kennels anymore," he said. "The best thing to do was get rid of them."

Well let's hope when this guy is old, someone will put a gun to his head and get rid of him. I think that would be the best thing to do.

lizbud
08-15-2008, 05:14 PM
It is to bad that this couldn't have been worked out for the dogs sake.
This case I posted about wasn't a forced issue, but it did save the dogs.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144440

Until dogs are considered anything but "property" in laws, what he did
was entirely legal.:( Animal rights groups are working to change laws
on dog's right to life issues. Support these changes whenever they come
up in local legislation debate. Local support can change the laws.