PDA

View Full Version : A Metro station near me - I'm NOT amused!

Randi
08-14-2008, 01:24 PM
They're going to extend the Metro in Copenhagen, and one of the new stations will be built quite close to me. :eek: My neighbor (who usually looks after Fister when I'm away) told me about this the other day, and she is NOT happy, she wants to sell her flat and move.

I'm not sure how much the noise will affect the building I live in - but I'm worried!! It is quite deep they drill, and it would take me about 3 min. to walk to where the station will be. :eek: The work will be on for at least 4-5 years, starting next year.

I suppose I better get used to wearing ear plugs, or I'll not survive it - but I never could get use to them! :(

The Metro has a site up about the work and I found a pdf which I'll attach here. The station closest to me will be "Landsarkivet". I live just below the narrow strip by the cemetary (almost square) - luckily in the right end of the building!

Why couldn't they have done this 20 years ago - or waited another 10!!

If you can open the first link, you may be able to view the whole of Copenhagen, with all stations in this, there is a link that says "Kommende stationer og Linjefoeringer", but if not, see my pdf!

http://www.m.dk/om+metroen/anlaeg/cityringen/hvad+er+cityringen.aspx

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2008, 02:17 PM
The station closest to me will be "Landsarkivet".
I live just below the narrow strip by the cemetary (almost square) -
luckily in the right end of the building!

Why couldn't they have done this 20 years ago - or waited another 10!!

WOW!

That looks like quite a project.
Have you got HardHats for you and Fister yet?
Wonder if he'll need steel-toed booties?

Is the route north-east from Landsarkivet to Norrebros Runddel going to
run through (or under) John's Place in the Cemetary??
Maybe you'll need to get John a HardHat, too. Earplugs for sure.

Hang in there - you guys survived the Apartment Rebuild - building the Metro
otta be a piece of cake.

:)

Randi
08-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Is the route north-east from Landsarkivet to Norrebros Runddel going to run through (or under) John's Place in the Cemetary??
Phred, I was thinking the same, but it looks like it won't be where John is - but close enough! John is in section M. In this pdf of the cemetary, you can see exactly where, but you have to bend your head to the right to compare with the other. ;) On this, I live to the left where it says Hans Tavsens Park. You can also see it from the shape of the cemetary.

The next little one is a "cutout" - where it says "Urnehave" (just to the right of the middle), is the row John is.

Hang in there - you guys survived the Apartment Rebuild - building the Metro otta be a piece of cake. :)
Yes, we did, and hopefully this won't be so bad!

The last is an air view.

And thanks! :)