PDA

View Full Version : Happy Homecoming again!!

Laura's Babies
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Made it home today after a rather long drive to get here. The girls were so happy to see their Mommie finally get home again! Each one is taking their turn to get their loving from me and show me how much I was missed. I got 4 very happy little girls here now. Silly Giz was sitting at the window when I pulled up but at the front door when I opened it as were Amy and Samantha. I had to pick up each one to hug and kiss and tell them how much I missed them. Boo waiting in the bedroom for a more personal greeting from her and she has been at my side ever since. They all seem so happy and healthy but Giz and Amy are due for their annual this time home and I know they will not like that. Amy had her birthday while I was gone and I swear, I think it was her 6th but I will have to check on that and do her a happy birthday thread later when I am rested and caught up....

Man, this trip out was GREAT! Unbelievable! We had so much fun that if the company knew what a good time we had, they would not pay us for this trip. We finally got an experienced mate that we all liked and even had us a retired Navy medic that hired on with us as a deckhand and he was a real gung ho go getter. Everybody just fit in like old friends and we all had a blast! We ended up back in the shipyard again having another wheel replaced. That one was was so damaged that you wouldn't believe how it shook the boat...

NOW, for the MOST EXCITING NEWS!!! Hang on to your seats! Rie and I are going to Atlanta Georgia on the 22nd through the 26th.. Guess WHO we are going to see! EDDIE & Regina!! Regina's Mom lives in Atlanta and they are planning to go and Eddie told her to email me & Rie and ask us if we would meet them there. So, on the 22nd, Rie and I are taking the train from New Orleans to Atlanta and going to see EDDIE! Aw Man! I am so darned excited that I could just scream!! I have been having that motherly thing going on and wanting to see him for MONTHS and this just fell in my lap so how could I say "no"? We are going to see that laser light show at stone mountain while we are there too! YAAAAAAA! Regina said the only 2 must do things while we are there is stone mountian and her Mom's church that prayed so hard for Eddie are begging to see the miracle they prayed for so we will be going to church too.. I am one happy Mom! Me and Rie on a train for 12 hours together and going to see EDDIE! Happy Damces! Happy Dances! Happy Dances!

So, how is everyone and their babies? What have I missed while I was gone? I see some newbies here so WELCOME to all the newbies!

Catty1
08-13-2008, 10:53 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!!

SO great to see you...and how WONDERFUL you had such a great 'work' voyage.

Let's see...Phred's Smokemutt has a bum knee, but is haappie on the painkillers and they are working....

Some furbabies lost, some with health things...

But all carrying on. :)

Bet you have been purrrrred all over! And dear Boo - again, who ever would have thought!

How exciting about your visit to Eddie and Regina.

Scooter's Mom
08-13-2008, 11:18 PM
Welcome home, Laura! Give your girls cuddles for me, please. I've missed hearing about them the last month.

Oreo is sick (allergies, ulcers on his eyes, fungal infections in his ears, you name it) but hopefully on the road to recovery. The rest of the gang here is doing well.

So happy to see you back again! Congrats about your trip! That will be a great time for you.

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Welcome back Laura!!!:D I'm glad that you had a great time and that you'll get to visit Eddie and Regina soon.:) All of my furkids are doing well. There are a few very cute new puppies in dog general.:)

catlover4ever
08-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Welcome back Laura!!! Miss ya!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip and what wonderful news to come home to. Enjoy yourself!!!

Donnaj4962
08-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Welcome home Laura! So glad your trip was a great one! And glad that your furbabies were all well and happy to see their meowmom!

What a wonderful trip you will have with Rie and going to see Eddie! Can't wait to hear about it!

My girls are doing well. Tabby is still going strong, even at 20 years old. Last weekend, she CHASED :eek: Sasha through the house! It was so cute and did my heart good to see her chasing the one who usually chases her! :p;)

Again..... WELCOME HOME!

cassiesmom
08-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Welcome home, Laurasbabies! Your kitties were so happy to have you home!

Felicia's Mom
08-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Welcome home Laura. Glad you had a nice time.

lvpets2002
08-14-2008, 01:00 PM
:love: Welcome Home Laura.. Congrats on the Great News of your upcoming visits.. I am sure those babies are catching up on all that loven..

phesina
08-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome home, Laura!!!!!

catmandu
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
THATS FANTASTIC NEWS ABOUT EDDIE , AND A MIRACLE THAT HE HAS RECOVERED SO MUCH AFTER THAT TERRIBLE ACCIDENT.
PLEASE SEND THE BEST WISHES OF THE FOUND CATS , PORCH CATS , ANGELS AND FEEDER TO THAT FINE GENTLEMAN.:love::cool:
AND ITS GREAT THAT YOU ARE HOME, I KNOW THAT MANY PET ANGELS GO WITH YOU , TO ENJOY THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI , AND VISITING ALL THE TOWNS THAT LIE ALONG HER SHORES!!!!
AND OF COURSE YOUR KITTIES MISSED YOU AND WERE SO HAPPY TO SEE THIER MEEEOWMIE HOME AGAIN :love:
WELCOME BACK AUNT LAURA :love::love:

jazzcat
08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Hi Laura! Welcome back.

Medusa
08-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Welcome home, Laura! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip this time. :)

Laura's Babies
08-15-2008, 11:48 PM
It was the best trip in a long time, especially after that bad one before.:(

I did a thread in other general with pictures of the crew change Wednesday if anyone want to see them.