PDA

View Full Version : So I'm officially crazy...*new pics post 93, video 101*

wolf_Q
08-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Let me start this off by saying believe it or not, this was not intentional. Sure I've always wanted a white husky, and yes I did plan on getting one eventually...but not right now in my current living situation...starting school soon, etc. So last Saturday I was at work (I work at a grooming salon on a pet store) and a lady brought in these puppies. It was an accidental litter, they had bred the parents before but the previous litter was supposed to be their last, however the female became pregnant before they could get her spayed. They were trying to find homes for them. I've been offered puppies and kittens at work before, and have had the willpower to resist, but I could not resist this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/puppy3.jpg
So needless to say I now have 3 huskies at my house. I'm insane. :eek: I haven't posted until now because I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep her. I still don't know. My parents are (understandably) not happy with me, despite how cute she is, so...anyway, I figured I'd at least let you guys enjoy the puppy pictures for now. And I need help with a name, she's still nameless. I've thought of Juno, Cyan, Loki, and Luna but I can't decide on anything. I prefer unique, but also short and easy to pronounce.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/puppy1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/puppy2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup00.jpg
Keva loves her, Nebo is ignoring her (he didn't care for Keva much when she was that age either)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/puppy5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/puppy4.jpg

dukedogsmom
08-12-2008, 12:22 AM
She is beautiful! Love the icy blue eyes. I hope you can keep her.

Cinder & Smoke
08-12-2008, 12:25 AM
oh my ...
Is the Dawg House big enough for the FOUR of you? :D

Well, at least Keva approves of "Whitey" ...
One out of Five isn't exactly a large majority ...
Maybe she'll *grow* on the Two Leggers.

DARNED awful CUTE Pup!! :)

Ask Tamara for a good Native name.

RockyRoad
08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
How adorable! She is such a cutie pie, I wouldn`t be able to resist that face either. :D Those eyes are gorgeous. I hope that she gets to stay! :)

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Congrats!!!:D She's so adorable. I don't think that I would've been able to resist her either.:) I sure hope that you'll be able to keep her.:)

Cinder & Smoke
08-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I think this face >>>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/puppy4.jpg

(The LITTLE face) ...

Has Camera HAM written all over it!
She'll blend right in with Big Bro and Big Sis.

:D

molucass
08-12-2008, 12:46 AM
She's beautiful! I love the 3rd pic.

I like Cyan, out of the names you have came up with.

I don't know much about Huskies, but do the white ones having trouble hearing like others breeds? I'm sure you would know whether or not she was deaf, but I was just curious.

kt_luvs_kitties
08-12-2008, 01:41 AM
First off, SHE IS GORGEOUS! I LOVE her baby face, so pretty.

Second, I am sure your parents will let her stay... Who could resist her face! She looks like she will fit right in!

Thirdly, CONGRATS! She is perfect, and is very lucky to find such a loving home!

And I like the name Luka, Loki, Karis, and Karyn. :D

Karen
08-12-2008, 02:03 AM
How about naming her Ciana - it's pronounced like Key-ANN-a.

Pronounced kee-AHN-ah, it is a contemporary feminine variant of an Irish name meaning "ancient".

Ciana has 2 variant forms: Ciandra and Cianna.

Ciana is a very rare female first name and a very rare surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census).

Or Naina - pronounced Nay-nuh - which has a Hindu meaning of "eyes" and they are certainly her prettiest feature!

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Here's a link that might help with names:http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/natamnames.htm. You can either click on some of the links or scroll down to see some Native American Celestial Names.

The_Duck
08-12-2008, 04:42 AM
Oh, Amy! She's an absolute doll. Those eyes... :eek: Completely stunning. And such a cute little face. :love:

I really like Juno and Loki. :)

chocolatepuppy
08-12-2008, 05:02 AM
OMG!!! She's adorable! :D I like Loki. Oh and having recently added a third dog, yes, you are 'going' to be officially crazy! ;)

Pam
08-12-2008, 05:35 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought "Amy got another dog!" :p I guess I figured something like this had happened. :) Oh my gosh.... she is drop dead gorgeous!!! :eek: There is no way you could have done anything else, nor could any of us. Oh I hope your parents will let you keep her. Out of the names that you mentioned, I like Loki and Juno the best but they are all nice. Good luck! :cool:

Ginger's Mom
08-12-2008, 05:51 AM
:) When I saw the title, I couldn't open it up fast to see what the little cutie that made you loose your mind looked like. She is precious. And I am sure she is going to grow into a gorgeous little girl. Whether you can work it out where she will stay permanently or just for a few weeks, this little girl will be getting a good start in life with you and your two pups to help her learn how to be a good girl.

anna_66
08-12-2008, 06:56 AM
I squeeled when I seen that gorgeous white face:D

OMG AMY! I :love: HER!

I couldn't have resisted either. I really hope that you'll be able to keep her.

Cincy'sMom
08-12-2008, 07:40 AM
Oh my goodness!!! Waht a cutie pie! I don't think anyone would have been able to resist that face!!!

zippy-kat
08-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I thought no husky could ever compare to the magnificent Nebo but then along came Miskevious. Alright, alright, so now there's two beautiful huskies under one roof and an insanely jealous fan club. Well now you've done it, missy!! THREE... T.H.R.E.E. GORGEOUS huskies under one roof?! :eek:

Oh yes, you are so up the creek! You're so in the doghouse until you post MORE pictures of the itty bitty blue-eyed pup. Once we get those pics, we'll think about letting you back in our good graces. lol ;)

All joking aside, this pup could not have asked for a better home. I want to watch this pup grow up along side Nebo and Keva. I want to watch her chew sticks and play in snow and take hikes and learn to ring the doggie doorbell and play with plastic hamburgers. I'm so excited for you and I hope, hope, hope that your parents will let her stay!

4 Dog Mother
08-12-2008, 08:21 AM
Oh, my goodness, what a beautiful baby!!! I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful puppy - well, at least not today or maybe even in a week or so. I so hope your mom and dad will let you keep her. If not, send her my way - we will have to think up some kind of excuse to tell Carl where she came from though. He definitely does not want any other dogs added - but he has said that after Snoopy, Jack, Pippi and Tucker so.....

So instead I will pray and pray that she gets to stay. As for names, I don't have a clue.

pitc9
08-12-2008, 09:29 AM
It's easy to see why you couldn't say no!

She's beautiful!
I'm no good with names, I like the 2 names Karen gave.

Animalhouse26
08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Wow! What a nice looking pup! 8-) A friend of mine has a All White male, and a Blk / white female. I just loveee the way this girl looks! And those Eyes! OMG! Call her Myst ;-)

cyber-sibes
08-12-2008, 10:23 AM
:D Ya got siberian potato-chip syndrome, eh?
She is adorable! I hope you get to keep her too. If not, I know you will see to it that she goes to a agood home (I hear you have an offer in Ohio?;))
I especially liked your choice of Cyan, & Karen's Ciana/Ciandra/Cianna.
Keeping paws crossed she gets to join the pack permanently!

cassiesmom
08-12-2008, 10:41 AM
She's beautiful! I am terrible with names, so I'll just agree with everyone else about how lovely she is, and oh, those eyes! Little white puppy girl, you are precious.

Husky_mom
08-12-2008, 10:59 AM
OMG!!!... *bumps head on ceiling*.......ouch.........

OMG OMG OMG........ she is freaking cute!!!... crossing paws she stays.... but if she doesnīt... weelll.... how long is the drive to Utah??...;)

sheīs gorgeous..... why wasnīt I there too....:D

as for names not sure what direction you are looking into but hereīs a few

Blanche
Fiona
Vahn
Akane

and for the complete opposite

Onyx

if she were a male I would suggest Thunder

Kfamr
08-12-2008, 11:08 AM
When you showed her to me the other night, I was almost certain your parents kicked you out or something. :p Your's are a bit more understanding, eh? :p

Suki, Suka (Su for short)

lizbud
08-12-2008, 11:09 AM
The minute I read the title of your post, I thought, NEW DOG :D

Oh, she is gorgeous. I wouldn't be able to resist her myself.:) I not good
at thinking up names, but like the ones already mentioned. I hope she can
stay without PO ing your parents too much.:) Nebo & Keva would be great
big bro & sister to her.

Taz_Zoee
08-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Oh my goodness! She is adorable!! I LOVE the eyes. She is very photogenic too. :D
I like the name Cyan, since my friend just lost her husky with the same name.
But I also like Myst. Whatever name you decide on will be perfect, I'm sure.
I will be hoping your parents fall in love with her and she gets to stay. :)

Vermontcat
08-12-2008, 11:19 AM
She is so cute!:D
I can see why you couldn't say no, I hope your parents will agree to let her stay.
You have to post more photos of her for us!
I like the name Halo for her, she is a little angel isn't she?;)
That's the name of a white cat with blue eyes at my local shelter where I have been volunteering this summer.
I really hope you can keep her.:)

Casper
08-12-2008, 11:38 AM
My goodness, I know I would be in the same boat as you if I had been offered such a perfect little pup. She is simply adorable, and I can just imagine how stunning she will turn out when she is grown.

I hope she works our for you! :)

shais_mom
08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
omg!
how friggggggin' adorable!
I :love::love::love: her!
I like the name Loki or Cyan. But the reason I like Loki is b/c I actually looked at it and thought LOCO - yes that's Amy! ;)
:love: u!

luvofallhorses
08-12-2008, 12:18 PM
OMG! She's too cute. :love: Congratulations! :) I also like Loki and I hope your parents let you keep her. :)

Glacier
08-12-2008, 12:32 PM
She's adorable!

If you have any belief in the theory that dogs become like their names, I'd avoid Loki at all costs! Naming a husky after the Norse God of Mischief can only lead to trouble! I know several Loki's of a number of breeds and even a cat or two...they are all a handful!

Since you want her to stay, maybe Kaya....it's an Innu word that means "stay and don't go back"

scrain2329
08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
OMG!!!!:love:
I see why you couldn't resist.Like everybody else. WHAT A BEAUTY!!!!!
Seriously, I would take her any day!!! If you cant keep her, I'm very sorry but hopefully you can. We are here to help you find somebody if you cant : / but, keep us updated! :)
Nobody better than you to have her, really!!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
OMG! Amy she's stunning! I love her! I like the name Juno, and the name Karen suggested. Sh
What gorgeous eyes!

Rachel
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
My goodness there must be something in the water at PetTalkVille. I don't ever remember so many new additions in a short time. Whatever it is, I think it might be catching.

Amy, one look at those vivid blue eyes would be enough to entice anyone. I certainly hope you can keep her, but if not, I know you will find her someone who will love her as much as you do.

Now I just have to go back and drink in those pictures again.

dreamparkingspace
08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
She looks just like Iron Will's lead dog named "Gus."

I always like human names for dogs.

Skylar
Rowan
Morgan
Mackenna
Lorelei
Jordan
Mackenzie
Madison

I like those names for female pooches

cassiesmom
08-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Since you want her to stay, maybe Kaya....it's an Innu word that means "stay and don't go back".

Kaya gets my vote both because of the meaning and because I think it sounds so well with Nebo and Keva. Blue-eyed white puppy girl, I'll say it again ... you are precious!

kimlovescats
08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
MELTING!!!! Now I know what Bear looked like as a baby! SO SWEET!:love:

luvofallhorses
08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I had to come look at her again. I am in love as I am sure you are, too. :) Of course I am always in love with all your dogs. you have the most gorgeous dogs, I swear. :love:

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Wow, she is just beautiful! She looks like she will fit in very nicely with her big brother and sister. I hope that she gets to stay!

Alysser
08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Congratulations on your new addition, Amy! She is absolutely gorgeous, what a pretty face. I love her nose. I think I have a new favorite PT pupper. So cute!! I am jealous. I'd call you crazy if you DIDN'T bring her home. ;) I like the name Cyan and Luna!

wolf_Q
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks everyone! I hope she stays too as I'm attached already. :o

She's adorable!

If you have any belief in the theory that dogs become like their names, I'd avoid Loki at all costs! Naming a husky after the Norse God of Mischief can only lead to trouble! I know several Loki's of a number of breeds and even a cat or two...they are all a handful!

Since you want her to stay, maybe Kaya....it's an Innu word that means "stay and don't go back"

I've never really thought about that, I did know the meaning of the name...but now that you mention it, I think I'll stay far far away from Loki LOL. So far she's been a really good puppy I don't need anything working against that!

I like Kaya...I had thought of that one too earlier except I was thinking of spelling it Kiya. I'm still thinking about Juno, and I thought of Yuki earlier...I think it means "snow" in Japanese? I also still like Cyan, but it doesn't sound very good with Nebo and Keva. Has anyone noticed they all have 4 letters? I think that's my theme now or something...

I don't know much about Huskies, but do the white ones having trouble hearing like others breeds? I'm sure you would know whether or not she was deaf, but I was just curious.

She's definitely not deaf, she responds to sounds and tilts her head at strange noises. I do know that white + blue eyes generally does mean deafness, but not in huskies. At least, I have never heard of a husky being deaf because of the white coloring or blue eyes, that seems to be more with the merle genes (lethal white), though I've heard of dalmatians and white cats also being prone to it.

carole
08-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh my gosh, who in their right mind could resist such cuteness and beauty,and those gorgeous ice blue eyes, i hope you are able to keep her, good luck.:)

wolf_Q
08-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Videos...
Tail chasing + camera eating
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYzXha_a2A8
Playing with Keva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl9M2NObggE

Bengalz
08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
OMG!!! The videos completely did me in :D:love::D

Sure looks to me like you got yourself a "BabyDog" and there's noooooo turning back;) Mom and Dad are just going to get over it :p and understand!!

I love Glacier's name suggestion - Kaya - a pretty name for a very pretty baby girl:D hmmmm... Nebo + Keva + Kaya = :D Amy :D (equation fits;))

Congratulations !

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Very cute videos.:D Keva sure loves her baby sister. I don't think you'll be able to keep these two apart.:)

ramanth
08-12-2008, 08:13 PM
What a heartbreaker!! :D :love:

I really like Luna, Cyan, Kaya or Suki. :D

She's adorable. Hope you get to keep her!!

jennielynn1970
08-12-2008, 08:19 PM
So adorable!! I love the pics of her, and the videos, awwww!!! Kaya is such a pretty name, but what ever you name her, she's beautiful!

cyber-sibes
08-12-2008, 09:43 PM
:DThose videos are killers! What a cutie pie!:D

I recall reading a suggestion to keep husky names distinctive & short. I tried to keep in mind how their names sound when I call them. "Keva" & "Kaya" sound an awful lot alike, if she were mine I'd choose something that sounds distinctly different.

luvofallhorses
08-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Hehe, it looks like Keva loves her! :D

I like Juno for her name! :)

Ginger's Mom
08-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Loved the videos. :D Keva seems like such a good big sister.

Vela
08-13-2008, 06:07 AM
She's adorable Amy. I hope it all works out that you can keep her. I would love to watch her grow up.

4 Dog Mother
08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I loved the videos of her, Amy! She is such a sweetheart! I am still hoping and praying that you get to keep her. I like Kaya as her name.

Cinder & Smoke
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
I recall reading a suggestion to keep husky names distinctive & short.

"Keva" & "Kaya" sound an awful lot alike,
if she were mine I'd choose something that sounds distinctly different.

ATTENTION Miz Glacier!!

"Kaya" has a "sounds like" conflict with an earlier arrival - "Keva" ...

Can you check with your Native Friends to find another name suggestion that
sounds "different"?

Maybe something meaning white or silver?

Hope this 'naming' goes a little easier than when we all tried to come up with Smokey's new name ...
that one took a lil while. :p

anna_66
08-13-2008, 08:42 AM
OK, so that video of them playing just made me fall in love with her even more:D
I can't imagine your parents saying no to keeping her after seeing that!

AdoreMyDogs
08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Oh she's absolutely precious! I like the name Juno, and I agree that Kaya and Keva sound too similar. You may be able to tell the names apart, but your pretty girl pups most likely won't.

I hope you get to keep her, she's SOOOOO pretty!

lizbud
08-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Great videos.:) I love how Keva tones down the face fight to suit the
baby. She is being so sweet with her.:)

CountryWolf07
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Wow! I KNEW you would get another Husky soon enough. :)

I really like "Kaya" for a name..

Husky_mom
08-13-2008, 11:23 AM
what a cutie!!... I looooove her.... does that really needed to be said? :p

Keva sure loves her... another buddy...yay!!

and might I add I love her blue collar... I want one... where did you get it?? itīs so cool and makes her eyes look even awesomeier

wolf_Q
08-13-2008, 10:10 PM
and might I add I love her blue collar... I want one... where did you get it?? itīs so cool and makes her eyes look even awesomeier

The clearance bin at my work for $3...want one for your little pup? :) I'm not sure there's any blue left, but there's gold and silver. They don't have any that would be big enough to fit a full grown husky but they would fit a small dog.

I think I may have a name....Tala...its supposed to be a Native American word for "wolf." It's short, simple, and sounds different enough from Nebo and Keva to not be confusing. Of course by tomorrow I'll probably have changed my mind. :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
08-13-2008, 10:45 PM
My sister had a blue-eyed Sibe named Mica. (MY-Kuh) Her "middle name" was Bleu. I always liked the sound of that ... Mica Bleu. :)

Cute pupper!

cloverfdx
08-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh Amy she is adorable :love:. I hope she gets to stay ;).

Tala is a sweet name, very Sibe like.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-14-2008, 06:53 PM
How's the adorable new addition doing? She's soo cute, Amy! Are they all getting along well?

wolf_Q
08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
She's doing well...Keva loves her, Nebo is not a big fan right now. He didn't like Keva when she was that age either, he liked puppies when he was younger but he's turned into a bit of a grump. I took a bunch of photos earlier, I'll try to post them soon...I still have a bunch from a camping trip and hiking I need to post too, I'm really behind.

She's still nameless. The name I currently like the best is Skya, I just thought of it earlier. Yesterday I liked Tala and Ruka, the day before Yuki. Maybe in a month she'll have a name. :rolleyes:

Kfamr
08-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Maybe in a month she'll have a name. :rolleyes:

So does this mean you're keeping her?! Between this and trying to name her, it sounds like you are? :p

wolf_Q
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Uhhh well she's still here...and so am I...so unless something drastically changes....

I'm just taking it a day at a time and seeing how it goes. Luckily she's been a good puppy so far, she sleeps through the night--even the first night. I've taken her to work every day so my parents don't have to deal with her at all. And she does need a name, I can't keep calling her "puppy" no matter how well she responds to it. :p

Freedom
08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
So does this mean you're keeping her?! Between this and trying to name her, it sounds like you are? :p

He hee, I know, I keep checking this thread to see if THAT decision has been made yet! This is almost as bad as the summer of "Who Killed JR?"

"Is she keeping the pup?" :D

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Uhhh, well she's still here ... and so am I ... so unless something drastically changes ...

I'm just taking it a day at a time and seeing how it goes.
Luckily she's been a good puppy so far ... :p

Amy, You lead a *charmed life*, Kiddo!

Just make sure when The Olde Folks get to play with her that her TANKS are
completely empty! And make sure The Folks get the really YUMMIE Treats to hand out.

Stacking the deck in YOUR favor never hurts.

:cool:

Kfamr
08-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Out loud, if I'm pronouncing them correctly, Ruka sounds best with Nebo and Keva. Maybe Zuka?

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Out loud, if I'm pronouncing them correctly,
Ruka sounds best with Nebo and Keva.
Maybe Zuka?

THERE's an important point!

Be a bit careful with a "different" name - not everyone will pronounce it correctly!
And since "Whitey" will soon be Famous and appearing at outings ---
you'll want Announcers to speak her name correctly and without hesitation.

So is that RU-ka
or ROO-ka,
or ru-KAY ...
you get the drift.

;)

cyber-sibes
08-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Ooooouu -Skya is very pretty. I thought Yuki was really cute, too. Be sure to write all these down on slips of paper & toss them into a bag, then at the end of the month, you can reach in & pull out the winner, Amy!

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm glad to hear that she's being a very good puppy and that she's most likely going to be a permanent part of your family.:)

I really like the name Skya because she has very beautiful sky blue eyes and they really stand out with her gorgeous white fur. I named my cat Sky after his sky blues eyes. Does the name Skya have a meaning behind it?

wolf_Q
08-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I think I'm going to go with Skya...it seems to fit her. I like the name for the same reason you named Sky. :)

New pics, taken today
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup07.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup06.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup05.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup04.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup02.jpg

I think she looks bigger in the photos than she really is (probably those gigantic ears!), she's really tiny
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup01.jpg

molucass
08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
She really is soo pretty.

I love the last one.. The family portrait.

Taz_Zoee
08-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Welcome to PT Skya!! :D :D Gotta love the head tilt. I can't get Zoee to do that anymore. She's immune to weird sounds I guess. LOL
I think she looks tiny in that last picture. I can't believe she could be any smaller.
You might have said in the original post, but how old is she? I'm so excited to watch this little girl grow up. With Amy's awesome photography and the other two beautiful huskies....whew!! :D :D

K9karen
08-15-2008, 12:20 AM
I must be the one who's insane! I just noticed this thread. What a loser. :o

My heart thumped outta my chest when I watched the videos. And the photos are exquisite as always. Count me in the "I'm in :love: " group..of course that's the entire PT family! I LOVE her name Skya too! I hope that everything stays *perfect* and she gets to stay...('tho it sure looks that way..must be our Gemini charm :p)

krazyaboutkatz
08-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Welcome to PT Skya!!!:D I :love: her and her name.:) Thanks for posting some new pictures of her. She's so adorable and looks so tiny next to her husky brother and sister.:)

Ginger's Mom
08-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Yes, she is much smaller than she looks in her individual pictures. But she is adorable in all of them. I love the family picture. If you get a chance can you see if you can find pics of Nebo and Keva at her age and post them all together? I think that would be fun to see.

cyber-sibes
08-15-2008, 07:10 AM
"AWWWWWWWWW!"...."awwww!"....(chuckles)..."Awwwwww!"

Great way to start my day, Amy! I'm glad you posted the pic of all three - Skya is SO tiny! I love Nebo's expression -"She's not really here if I don't look at her". Skritches to all three!

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2008, 07:19 AM

Skya is SO tiny!
I love Nebo's expression - "She's not really here if I don't look at her".

Or maybe it's ":eek: MOM! Sumbuddie **SHRUNK** da new Dawg!"

Bengalz
08-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Is it me or is Skya getting even cuter :D She looks like a little angel - love the expression on Nebo's face: "Oh well ... so I'm outnumbered ... but I'm still the Lead Dog :D"

Congratulations Amy - she's definitely fambly:love:

anna_66
08-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Amy, Amy, Amy...once again I think you've chosen a fabulous name for your little girl!

It's wonderful to hear that she's behaving so well, I hope it stays that way and your parents learn to accept another pup in the house:)

When I look at he pictures it reminds me so much of when Roxey was that age. They are just perfect aren't they?!
The big ears remind me of Roxey too:p

Give them all a big kiss from me!!!

Husky_mom
08-15-2008, 10:27 AM
. If you get a chance can you see if you can find pics of Nebo and Keva at her age and post them all together? I think that would be fun to see.

I totally second this thought... that would be sooooo cute!!!

now I have yet another reason to want and visit Utah.... LOL....

oh, Amy, I actually loved the blue collar for maybe China, but if thereīs only lil ones that ok too... Queeq just has two so far...LOL...actually one the other is a harness :p... do you know if they ship to me??

lute
08-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Why am I just now seeing this! Welcome to PT Skya! You sure are a cutie! So tiny and sweet! She's gonna be long and lanky!LOL:D

Freedom
08-15-2008, 12:10 PM
I think she looks bigger in the photos than she really is (probably those gigantic ears!), she's really tiny
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/pup01.jpg Size is relative. I bet she'd fit right in with MY 4 pups! (At least for a month or two, te hee.)

Welcome Skya, I do believe you found yourself a home!

Any chance of a pic of all FOUR doggies?

Daisy and Delilah
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM
How in the world did I miss this thread??? Oh my goodness!! She is so precious, I can hardly think straight. CONGRATULATIONS, Amy. I love her. She has to be one of the most striking dogs I've ever seen. Welcome to PT, Little Skya!!!!!:D:D:D:love:

I am such a lucky woman to be able to meet these gorgeous dogs on this board.

Rachel
08-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Amy, the pictures are wonderful, but the video of Keva and her is the best. I could watch that a hundred times. Honestly I think Keva would be heart broken if Skya doesn't stay. She's officially adopted her. The family picture is great too. Could it get any cuter? Nope.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
She's adorable, Amy! It sounds like she's definitely staying now - I hope so!

lizbud
08-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, I'm back for another look at the baby Skya.:D I guess I didn't realise
how tiny she really was till I saw the "family shot".:)

I swear Amy, many more pics & I just might go and snatch her for myself.:D
j/k of course. (maybe)

cassiesmom
08-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Awwwwww, what a trio of beautiful dogs! Widdle Skya has the Mufasa head-tilt down! She's so cute. Those eyes! Mmwah!

Husky_mom
08-15-2008, 05:11 PM
is she into under the chairs sleeping thing??....LOL...

canīt wait for more pics...of them ALL ;)

ramanth
08-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Puppy head tilt!!! Ahhhh!!! *dies* :D :love:

She's so tiny! :D

luvofallhorses
08-15-2008, 08:27 PM
I love the name Skya. She's just too cute! :love: :D

wolf_Q
08-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Uh well here's some really bad group shots....can't crop/resize well either because I only have paint on this computer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/skyaresize4.jpg
The beard is too tempting to pull (kinda like Santa's beard LOL)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/skyaresize3.jpg
Not posed..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/skyaresize2.jpg
Another Nebo (this is his 2nd favorite toy, I took this after Nebo had his fun chasing it around the yard)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/Skyaresize1.jpg

If I can get it to work I have another video too. I will try to go through and get pics of Keva and Nebo at that age too. I think she's about 8 weeks. I think she's about the same size as Keva was at that age (but smaller than Nebo was), I think Keva was chubbier though, Skya is kind of tall and thin. And neither of them had ears that big at that age!

Isabel there aren't any more blue collars but I did find a silver and a gold in a large that would work for Ninja and China (there's a small or medium in gold or medium in silver for Queeg too). Let me know if you want them, I can mail them to you.

Flatcoatluver
08-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry I missed this thread! Skya is sooo cute, I hope you can keep her. :)

wolf_Q
08-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure if this will work, I don't really use Shutterfly...but all my puppy pics of Nebo were transfered to there from Imagestation. Here's a link (if it works) http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=7d6e999b0d7bb4f99a16dcf07a6807f9

And here's a link to the first album of pics of Keva http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/New%20Puppy%2012-2-2006/?start=60

finn's mom
08-15-2008, 10:13 PM
She's magnificent, I'll be watching her grow!

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm not sure if this will work ...
Here's a link (if it works) http://www.shutterfly.com/lightbox/view.sfly?fid=7d6e999b0d7bb4f99a16dcf07a6807f9

And here's a link to the first album of pics of Keva http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v216/U2Q/New%20Puppy%2012-2-2006/?start=60

:(
The first ShutterFly link doesn't work correctly ...
It took me to MY Shutterfly sign-in page ... never got close to a Husky Album.

The second PhotoBucket link DID open the Keva Album.

wolf_Q
08-15-2008, 10:47 PM
:(
The first ShutterFly link doesn't work correctly ...
It took me to MY Shutterfly sign-in page ... never got close to a Husky Album.

The second PhotoBucket link DID open the Keva Album.

Sorry, I don't know how to use Shutterfly :o try this http://nebopuppypictures.shutterfly.com/

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2008, 10:58 PM
**BINGO** THAT one Works Great ...

Lil Mini-Nebo PupShots! :D

Sorry, I don't know how to use Shutterfly :o try this http://nebopuppypictures.shutterfly.com/

Don't feel bad about not knowing how to use ShutterFly ...
I can't make it work too hot, either.

Miz Staci is the ShutterFly *Expert* ... ask her for sharing album tips.
:)

Animalhouse26
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
OMG She is BEAUTIFUL! :) And those Eyes are PEIRCING! I Want some Puppy Breath! :) *Crosses fingers* Hope u can keep her! :) Then U will have another beautiful Pup to the crew! :)

wolf_Q
08-15-2008, 11:28 PM
This is about as close to puppy breath as I can give you without you traveling here....;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBkYCK5OdFw

jennielynn1970
08-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Oh my god!! She is just tooooooo darn cute!!! Keva looks like she absolutely adores playing with her too! What a tolerant older sister she is, lol!

Cinder & Smoke
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Is Keva on Drugs?

She shows reMARKable restraint when dealing with the 'White Tornado'!

Sure hope her Big Sis patience lasts all the way through puppyhood.

krazyaboutkatz
08-16-2008, 12:23 AM
The video sure is adorable. I think that Keva and Skya are going to be inseparable.:) It was also great to see Nebo and Keva's puppy pictures.:) You sure have gorgeous furkids.:)

bckrazy
08-16-2008, 02:58 AM
OMG, Amy!!!! OMGahhh!

Skya is absolutely freaking gorgeous... to the max! = D Congratulations! I love her name, too. It's really adorable and unique. I don't think you're crazy. Well, crazy about Huskies! But who could blame you?

You have a perfect little set, now. They look perfect together. Were any of her littermates left, that look like her? I'm booking a flight to Utah.

chocolatepuppy
08-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Skya is adorable! I can smell the puppy breath from here!:D

anna_66
08-16-2008, 09:54 AM
OMG, Amy!!!! OMGahhh!

Couldn't have said it any better myself:D

Keva is such an excellent big sister! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE watching them together!

You better make sure you share lots more pictures and videos with us;)

K9soul
08-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Just getting caught up here.. Amy, Skya is just to die for. No wonder you couldn't go home without her :D. Hopefully she's home to stay.. so far so good! She's just beautiful and precious. Please keep posting photos, I can't see enough of her and can't wait to see her growing! Warmest congratulations and fingers crossed!

Crikit
08-17-2008, 09:08 PM
She's adorable Amy, and Keva is so good with her.

I know from experience what parents can be like when you bring home a surprise addition (remember what I went through with Beaker?) just give it a little bit of time and I'm sure she'll charm them.

Logan
08-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Amy, I saw your new baby the other day, but I can't remember if I responded. Just had to tell you what a beautiful family you have. All 3 of them are stunning. Congratulations!!!!! :D

Husky_mom
08-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Impressive!! Keva is soooo patient and looks so mature...

they are sooo cute!!... and she bounces too!! hehe...

what is it with puppies and cameras... they seem to like and chew/bonk on them.. LOL...

I would love the collars... can you PM me so we can check details ;)

wolf_Q
08-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I have a bunch of pictures but I haven't had time to post anything...I uploaded this one when I was uploading the pics for Keva's thread in dog health. It's too cute not to post right now. :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-23-2008, 08:08 PM
It's too cute not to post right now. :)

I think you guys are starting to *Show Off*!

chocolatepuppy
08-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Aww, Skya! You're adorable!:)

Ginger's Mom
08-24-2008, 06:49 AM
You are right; definitely too cute not to share. :love: Thanks. :D

Animalhouse26
08-24-2008, 09:32 AM
OMG ! What a Cute Video! The Little Puppy Pouncing! And Keva is SOOO Good! OMG! Falise would get Testy lol I just wanna Smootch her on her cute little Puppy Face! :eek:

captain
08-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Ya Know - I travel for work, and don't get time to check out POTD ........... and lookie here. A BRAND NEW pupper ................ she is beautiful, loved all the videos ....... Congrats Amy ....

How are your Mum & Dad about her now? Has she worked her charms (or have you???) :)

wolf_Q
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I don't know if anyone is interested in seeing this, I know I've been really absent from PT, I have a lot of catching up to do. Anyway, here is a video of Skya's first trick (shake/give paw). She's known sit for a while, I taught her this a few days ago and haven't had a chance to take a video yet. It sometimes comes with an added bite ;) but she's getting it. We're working on "down" now. She's very smart, basically house-trained (has only had 2 accidents since she's been here, knows to go to the door). She plays with Keva all the time, Keva totally lets her beat her up too. Nebo finally caved and played with her for the first time yesterday...I wish I had a video of that. She's getting pretty big, 8-10 lbs now...I have tons of pics but no time to post any of them. But here's the video, ignore my stupid voice please...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJq-zbPkM-U

My parents have warmed up to her...I catch them playing with her/holding her. My rent tripled and I'm paying to put in new flooring in one of the rooms, but thats ok.

gini
09-03-2008, 12:26 AM
I haven't had a chance to come back and check on this thread, but I am sure glad that I did.

Skya - perfect name for a darling pup. Oh, she is so special.

(Mom and Dad are playing with her - I just loved that!)

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2008, 01:18 AM
She sure is adorable and very smart too.:) I'm glad that both Nebo and your parents are warming up to her. I knew they would eventually.;)

chocolatepuppy
09-03-2008, 05:01 AM
Smart girl Skya! I'll tell ya Amy she looks good in your siggy! Fits right in.:D

lute
09-03-2008, 11:28 AM
I love the new siggy! She looks like she fits right in. She knew she was ment to be with you.:D

Nomilynn
09-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I know I haven't posted in forever, but I just wanted to tell you that I'm so happy for your new addition. She's adorable! :)

sabies
09-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Congratulations Amy! She is adorable! Of course you couldn't resist.

lovespeaks
09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
congratulations, dogratulations .. such a gorgeous girl.

I'd love to see little nebo, keva and skya altogether too.