PDA

View Full Version : Please Say A Pray for Osiris! *UPDATE* He's feeling better now*

Anikaca77
08-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Last week on Tuesday I took Osiris into the vets because he was having the runs.

I had his poop tested out at one vet next to where I work for $22 and they saw nothing.

So then on Monday he had and I took him to the vets on Tuesday since he was still having it and he's only about 15 weeks old right now and shouldn't be having this problem.

Anyway, I went ahead and took a poop sample with me to the vets on Tuesday afternoon and they didn't find anything either. They did a float and a smear. They said sometimes you can't see the bacteria so they put him on metronidazole to treat any infection he might have or have had.

Osiris has been on that 5 days now and just yesterday he started to develop a cough and he is still doing it today.

I made a vet appointment for this evening at 5:30 p.m. I'm worried about him. He's still so little.

This is my post when I first mentioned Osiris.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144786

Thanks,
Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
He sure is a cutie pie and I hope that he'll start feeling better soon. I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

lvpets2002
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
:( Awee poor wittle baby.. Sending Lots of Good Vibes & Prayers for you wittle one to get better soon.. Good Luck at the Vets.. Get Well Soon..

moosmom
08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Has he been tested for Coccidia?? Diarrhea is one of the symptoms. Poor baby. I hope he gets well and the diarrhea goes away soon.

catmandu
08-11-2008, 06:40 PM
PRAYERS ARE COMING FROM ALL OF US AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL FOR
LITTLE OSIRIS :love::love:
KITTENS CAN BE SO FRAGILE, AND WE HOPE THAT YOUR WHITE COATS CAN GET OSIRIS THROUGH THIS ROUGH PATCH, AND THAN ONE DAY HES OUR CAT OF THE DAY.:love::cool::love:

Medusa
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh poor little fuzz nugget. I hope Osiris starts feeling better soon and that you get to the bottom of what's going on.

momtomany
08-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Prayers for this little baby and hope all turns out well.

heidiv
08-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Awww poor baby! I sure hope they find something soon! It doesn't take long for the little guys to get dehydrated.....My prayers are with you!

Anikaca77
08-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Last night I took Osiris to the vets (we are thinking of changing his name to Apollo or Prince Ra (Ra means sun)).

Anyway, when I was at the vets with him he was very hot and I could feel he was running a fever and I was right the vet tech took his temp and it was 103.

I was so worried about him and still am. The vet came in and I told her he's been coughing, sound congested, still has the runs as far as I know..and he's just lazy which isn't right for a kitten.

So she looked him over and listened to him and said there are 3 possible things that might be wrong with him 1) upper respiratory infection which the meds that he is on now will take care of it, 2) gastrointestinal virus which will just have to run it's course, 3) Feline Infectious Peritonitis (FIP) because he still has the runs and this is fatal most of the time. The vet said some vets will say there is a way to test for this but there really isn't a way..she said the only way would be to test his lymnods..but she said we are not there yet.

She told me to continue to give him the meds for the 10 days and then watch him. Right now he is isolated from the rest of the crew until we know or can tell if he is getting better or not.

I hate this waiting game, I'm so worried but trying to remain positive that it's not FIP but I worry that what if...he's such a good boy and all he wants is love and being held when I come into the bathroom and of course I'm giving him extra..

The other thing I worry about is if it is FIP then my other cats might have it or get it..

Well I'm just going to try to remain positive and hope that it's just an URI or gastrointestinal virus that will just heal up on it's own.

He's such a sweetie pie and still so young, he's only about 15 weeks now.

He is still eating and drinking and I'm very happy about that.

Please just continue to pray for him.

Thank you,
Melissa

Medusa
08-12-2008, 07:20 AM
Oh goodness, how scary for you. Well, we'll just send up prayers right now that Osiris will come through this w/flying colors and no FIP. Keep the faythe. :)

cassiesmom
08-12-2008, 12:27 PM
NO FIP! NO FIP! Prayers for widdle fuzz-nugget Osiris.

Kirsten
08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
How scary for you! Anything else, but no FIP!!! I hope it's something else!

Keeping the little one in my thoughts...

Kirsten

Anikaca77
08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Thank you all for your prays, I stopped by and saw him at lunch and he's still coughing a bit but I'm just going to love on him like crazy tonight and hopefully with my husband's and my love he'll pull through.

I hate keeping him away from the other guys though but it's for his and the other crews good.

Melissa

GILL
08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
You have the prayers of the CREW. WE are all pulling for Osiris.

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Hopefully it's not FIP or anything else that can't be treated. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Emeraldgreen
08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
What a cutie he is! I'm also praying that he makes a full recovery and that it is something completely treatable. I hope he will be feeling better soon and once he is passed all this, can be reunited with his gang. :)

Anikaca77
08-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Last night we decided Apollo would be more fitting so we are going to start calling him Apollo now.

He wants out of the bathroom so bad I hate keeping him locked up. He had a bowel movement this morning I saw him which I'm glad because I wanted to know if it's getting better or not and it's getting solid looking, it's not as runny as it was so I'm so glad about that.

This morning when I was in the bathroom he was bouncing around playing but he still has this cough that I'm worried about but hopefully since he is on this antibiotic it will help clear that up as well.

He's such a good boy except that he keeps escaping out of the bathroom but I just put him right back in.

Please continue to pray that he gets better and that this isn't FIP.

Thank you for your prays,
Melissa

Anikaca77
08-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Well Apollo seems to be bouncing around now...he's eatting like a champ, but everytime we open the bathroom he flys out.

He was crying this morning so we let him out for a few hours before we both had to go to work and when I stopped home at lunch time to check up on him, he was crying because he wanted out again so I let him out for a quick run and then put him back in.

I'm going to call the vets to see how long she thinks I should keep him pinned up. I know it's a good way to tell if he is eatting and drinking but believe me he is. I also know it's a good way to tell about his bowl movements.

Melissa

Catty1
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
How's his cough? But I guess he could still come out and play with the others with his cough?

Prayers he is better soon!

Anikaca77
08-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I didn't hear him cough much today so hopefully that's a good sign.

How's his cough? But I guess he could still come out and play with the others with his cough?

Prayers he is better soon!

Anikaca77
08-15-2008, 08:00 AM
I called the vets yesterday to see how long I have to keep Osiris/Apollo (we might be changing his name back now...who knows) and the vet said that when you bring a kitten in your house you should keep it away from your cats for 4 weeks because that's how long it takes for something to develop and that way your cats don't get it.

When we first got Osiris/Apollo we were only able to keep him 1 night in the bathroom because Athena had her hernia surgery and needed the bathroom for a week and plus we were only going to foster Osiris/Apollo anyway so I figured it would be fine plus he seemed very healthy.

He is getting better, he's still eating and drinking and playing like crazy now. The only thing is his voice still isn't back like it used to be and I haven't heard him cough yet so I'm pleased about that.

He has one more dose of meds tonight and his poop still seems a bit runny.

I'm hoping that will firm up soon.

Please continue the prays for him.

Thank you,
Melissa

sugarpaws
08-15-2008, 12:17 PM
We hope Apollo/ Osiris is feeling even better. Does he seem to react to one name more than to the other?
Marina

Anikaca77
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM
That's a good question, I'll have to try that later..I've mostly just been saying stop that kitten....sometimes I call him Osiris so we'll see.

good idea!

We hope Apollo/ Osiris is feeling even better. Does he seem to react to one name more than to the other?
Marina

cassiesmom
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Apollo, Kitten, please feel much better soon!

Anikaca77
08-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Well Osiris (we are sticking with that name for now) is doing much better. He 's full of energy and last night I caught him pooping and it's starting to look much better it's not completely firm yet but it's getting there...the other night though it was still really running...so it seems to be bouncing from one to the other..I'm not sure why.

I will have to post some more pictures of him. He's a super cutie..we found out that they think he's older than what we thought he was so that puts him at about 5 months old now. So next month or so we'll have to get him fixed.

Melissa

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that he's feeling much better and I hope that his stools will continue to remain solid.:)