PDA

View Full Version : Moluccan Cockatoo

June
09-05-2002, 05:36 PM
My husband and I purchased a moluccan cockatoo who was at a pet store for a lengthy amount of time. We had her treated for all kinds of infections she received when she was there. She seems to be a lot healthier now. Anyways, we have to sell her because she needs more attention and play time. It would be good if she had a stay at home mom or dad. She likes both genders. She is the sweetest bird we ever had, she cuddles all the time, we just don't think she is getting enough with us. We would really like an experienced parrot owner to take her on.

Karen
09-05-2002, 05:45 PM
It is good that you have taken care of her so she is healthier ... what part of Michigan are you in? What is her name, and do you have any idea how old she is?

June
09-05-2002, 05:51 PM
We are located in the South-eastern lower area. Her name is Meeka and she is approximately 9 months old. We don't really know if she's a she, Meeka just acts like a girl. I don't know how to explain it.

AdoreMyDogs
09-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Awe :( I am so sorry that you must sell Meeka :( Sadly, I can't take her because of allergies (blasted allergies), but I may know of someone who can. Sounds like we live close to each other. I'll see what I can do.

June
09-07-2002, 11:51 AM
Most likely we will sell her and her house for $1000.00. She still needs to go back into the vet for another checkup. Let me know if you know of any experienced parrot parents. Thanks for replying.

June
09-17-2002, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all of your concerns. This past Saturday we gave Meeka away to a nice lady up in Burton near Flint. I just wanted her to go somewhere where I new she would be taken care of. We found out about the lady through a rescue center. Thanks again.