PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with business cards?

CountryWolf07
08-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I am wanting to do this at home with Photoshop or Microsoft Word. I do have the image I want as my business card - and I was hoping if someone could help me and create a page of printable cards, like 10 per page (multi-page). Can anyone do that? I would be forever grateful. My email is [email protected]

Thanks. :)

Here is the picture:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/2752370060_1ccb448ff2.jpg

Karen
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Rachel, why no contact info other than email? An address and/or phone number are customary.

Also a standard business card is 3.5 inches wide by 2 inches deep. It needs to be that size, and to be at least 300 dpi for printing purposes is best.

Take into consideration that you don't want any text too close to the edges of the card, it just would look unprofessional.

Where are you planning on getting it printed? Most copy shops will take a pdf, just a jpg file is too low-resolution ...

critters
08-11-2008, 06:25 AM
Try VistaPrint--they constantly run "free" offers (you only pay shipping). I've gotten 2 sets of cards from them for $6.05 each; you can't print them yourself for that!! They have a way of uploading your own pics that costs a little more, but it may be worth it. I can send you their latest ad (they send ads every couple of days) if you want.

critters
08-11-2008, 06:28 AM
It's not letting me edit, but each set of cards has 250 of them.

Randi
08-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Illustrator would be the best program to do this, if you have it on your computer. Vectors you can scale without loss of quality. There's no point in trying to do it in Word, that program is useless for such things.

Like Karen says, the resolution has to be at least 300 dpi it you want it too look professional.

Try the Printers Critters suggested, it sounds like a good deal. :)

CountryWolf07
08-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi - Thanks everyone. I do have it in PDF file in 300 as its resolution - I was having it done at Fed Ex...

I will try again and upload the image.

By the way, I don't do phone # because I am hearing impaired - can't talk on phone. ;) And address, since I live in 2 places here & Columbus.

Craftlady
08-11-2008, 08:47 AM
By the way, I don't do phone # because I am hearing impaired - can't talk on phone. ;) And address, since I live in 2 places here & Columbus.

Most people want an address or phone number for a business. IF you dont have it on there people will be skeptical of the legimacy of your business. I would look into a post office box rental. As for not having a phone number, I would state on the card in small print "hearing impaired" please use email address or po. box for contacting.

Husky_mom
08-11-2008, 10:58 AM
IŽll give it a try... just hang a sec for me.. ;)