PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Doc Print help please?

Freedom
08-10-2008, 05:06 PM
I have a template which was sent to me via email. It is in Adobe. It is set up on a 17 x 11 size sheet.

My printer is set for 8.5 x 11. When I print, I only get the middle portion of the document. :confused: Of course, the places to drill the holes are at either end!

I can't figure out how to get it printed on 2 sheets of paper. (Then I can tape it together to drill my holes in the wall from the template.)

Any ideas?

I can send it to someone regular email if you PM me with your email addy.

Freedom
08-11-2008, 02:38 PM
**bump**

Karen
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
What format is it in? A pdf?

Randi
08-11-2008, 03:37 PM
If it's a .ai file, I can scale it down for you - without quality loss. So can Karen, I'm sure. :) Or you'll need a printer that can print that big. Most (if not all) printers have one, so if it's the right format, you can send it to them.

Freedom
08-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes, it is a pdf file.

I don't have that size paper, no idea how I would load it in my printer if I did have a sheet of it.

I thought when the printer saw a legal size sheet coming, with it being set for standard, it would print on 2 sheets but nope, jsut stuck me with the middle of it!

I'm stumped!

Husky_mom
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
you can send it to me and I can try and make it a two sheet document... so you can print both sheets then just paste them together...

Karen
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
If you are printing it from Adobe Acrobat Reader - which you probably are, it is pretty simple to accomplish this. I'll add instructions in a minute.

Karen
08-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Open the document. Then go to the Print dialog box. There is a little checked box that says "Auto Rotate and Center" - Uncheck that box.

Then hit print, and it will print the left half of the document.

Then under the View menu, hit the "rotate document" selection and choose "Rotate Clockwise." Do that again, so now the page is upside down, but that's okay! Now when you hit print, it will print what used to be the right side of the document.

Got it?

Freedom
08-12-2008, 10:29 AM
MWAH! THANK YOU, Karen. Fantastic, it worked.

Thanks Isabel and Randi' I am all set!