PDA

View Full Version : Okay, restructured The Pet Talkers picture page: Who wants to be added?

Kirsten
08-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Spend another day working on the PT picture page. :o As there are more than 100 people already, I thought it might be a good idea to bring everything to an alphabetical order. That way, it's much easier to find the people you look for! Took me a couple of hours to do this, and I hope I did not mess anything up. (If you find any mistakes, please let me know).

Pet Talkers Picture Page (http://www.catmom.de/pt)

Okay, now that the page got a new design, and a new structure as well, it's ready for more PT members to join. :) So if you want your photo to be added, don't hesitate to email ([email protected]) me. Same goes if you want me to edit the info text of your page, and just change your photo.

Hope they'll be lots of new additions! :D

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
08-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Kirsten, thanks for updating my cat info. I'm glad that you decided to put everyone in alphabetical order. It looks even better now.:D Thanks for all of your hard work.:)

Kirsten
08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Thank you, glad you like it! :)

It's been bugging me for a while to have all the pictures in a row, it had become so confusing, and I'm glad that I finally came up with something else.

Kirsten

Willow Oak
08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Maybe you might include phone numbers? I've never seen so many pictures of such beautiful ladies!

Kirsten
08-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Maybe you might include phone numbers? I've never seen so many pictures of such beautiful ladies!

LOL! :) Well, ladies, what do you think? ;)

Kirsten

Jessika
08-10-2008, 05:29 PM
I think having phone numbers available publically may be a bit of a problem since then anyone on the internet could have access to our phone numbers... the domain is public, meaning anyone could stumble across it.

I think they layout looks SO MUCH BETTER and ORGANIZED now!! You really did a great job!

I want to add myself but don't have time to pick out a pic right now

Casper
08-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow, its really looking great. I especially love how it is alphabetized now.. putting a face to a name is just that much easier. Very nice! I'll bookmark it for further convenience... I tend to forget about it. :o

I have also been meaning to send in a picture for quite some time... I'll work on that. :)

Kirsten
08-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Jessika and Oyster, would be great to add your pics! :)

BTW, I have also uploaded new photos of myself now, the old ones were more than 4 years old. :o

Kirsten

Randi
08-11-2008, 10:36 AM
It looks good Kirsten, and it's much easier to find people. Last year I was going to suggest you put the pics in alfabetical order, like the ID cards in the Cruise thread. I see you have left some space for more under each section, that's perfect. :)

Kirsten
08-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks! :) It's no problem to add more people to the sections, and it's even easier now to change the colors, if needed. ;) It's been a lot of work, but the way I programmed it now, the page is much easier to maintain in the future.

BTW, Randi, I think I wouldn't have done it if you didn't complain about the color, so thanks a lot for that! ;) :D

Kirsten

Randi
08-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Complaining is my specialty! :D ;)

The site looks so good! :cool:

Husky_mom
08-11-2008, 01:10 PM
sent mine !!... very neat idea!! those familiar faces... you better come back and post more often!! ;)

lvpets2002
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
;) Sent my pic in today & it is loaded.. Many Thanks to Kirsten.. Everyone looks Great..

lvpets2002
08-11-2008, 04:08 PM

;) Well Thank You for the Very Nice Compliments.. Maybe ## thru PMs

Barbara
08-13-2008, 03:12 AM
I think it looks great. And I admire you for knowing the alphabet- if I'm doing things loike this I always end up mixing up some letters ;)

Hellow
08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
Good website, although i am wondering, looking at the page source, i dont see any use of CSS. Did you use a CSS stylesheet or did you set the background and general style for every single page?

BitsyNaceyDog
08-13-2008, 01:12 PM
It looks great Kristen! I love that it's alphabetized now.

I'll have to get a picture to you. I've meant to do it before and never have.

Kirsten
08-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks! :) I'm looking forward to your pictures! :)

i dont see any use of CSS. Did you use a CSS stylesheet or did you set the background and general style for every single page?

Just used html as I learnt it back in 1999. :o I should finally try to learn some CSS and use the style sheet before I'm building my next website, I know it makes it much easier to handle... :o

Kirsten

Hellow
08-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Just used html as I learnt it back in 1999. :o I should finally try to learn some CSS and use the style sheet before I'm building my next website, I know it makes it much easier to handle... :o

Kirsten

CSS is fairly easy, look at my website for an example lol. My website does not look too good right now because i just started school back and I haven't had time to fix it yet. If you want, you could tell me what you would want as a background etc. for your website and i could make you a stylesheet.

Jessika
08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
You don't have to use CSS to make a great looking page, as she's proven. ;) It makes multi-page sites MUCH easier to manage, but in this case its just one single page, it works out fine :)

davidpizzica
08-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Thank you for putting my picture on your page, Kirsten. You chose a good one.

Suki Wingy
08-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Collin, do you have any good links for tutorials for CSS, because I've been trying to figure it out for over a year and I can't figure out how to do it.

kimlovescats
08-14-2008, 10:53 AM
OH MY GOSH, Kirsten! I must send you an updated pic of me! ACK!!!:eek::D

lovespeaks
08-14-2008, 11:08 AM
nice work. add a suggestion?

link all usernames in your website to everyone's profile here?

Killearn Kitties
08-14-2008, 11:26 AM
I've always meant to send a photo for this, Kirsten. I just haven't got round to it yet. Promise I will some day! :D

Can I just take the opportunity to say that you can also upload a photo to your PT profile, which shows up in the Members List too. Practically nobody (myself included) has put one on there. Perhaps I will do that one of these days too. :p

Miss Z
08-14-2008, 02:08 PM
Ooo that is a pretty old pic of me, I was barely 13 there! I'll send you an updated pic as soon as I can. :)

Kirsten
08-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

Yes, newer pictures are always welcome! :)

@Reggie: Thank you for your offer to make a style sheet. But I think I leave the background just the way it is (actually it is a background tile that I use, it just doesn't have a pattern because I wanted it to look simple...) But I'd love to see such a style sheet as an example for my future work. ;)

@lovespeaks: That's a good idea, but it would mean a lot of extra work for me. :cool:

@Killearn Kitties: Never noticed that you can upload a picture... will check it out. :)

Kirsten

critter crazy
08-14-2008, 03:05 PM
The new look is fabulous!! I just sent you a new pic, and stuff! Thanks!:D

Jessika
08-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Collin, do you have any good links for tutorials for CSS, because I've been trying to figure it out for over a year and I can't figure out how to do it.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/
is probably the best you'll find since they strive to stick with standards-compliant coding (coding that works cross-browser, or at least looks similar cross-browser versus coding "for IE" and also coding "for FF").

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
is also a good resource (same people I believe but a different site)

Suki Wingy
08-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks. I bookmarked them both for later.

Miss Z
08-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Update sent! :)

Kirsten
08-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the links, Jessika! Will bookmark them! :)

@critter crazy & Miss Z: Your pics have been uploaded! :)

Kirsten

molucass
08-16-2008, 12:55 AM
Wow, the pics of me are very old..
And me and my precious Felony are on there together. :love:

I'll try to get some updated pictures of Alize' and I.

Great job on the site. :)

Hellow
08-16-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.w3schools.com/css/
is probably the best you'll find since they strive to stick with standards-compliant coding (coding that works cross-browser, or at least looks similar cross-browser versus coding "for IE" and also coding "for FF").

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/
is also a good resource (same people I believe but a different site)

Yep, those are probably the 2 best resources for learning CSS. I actually learned half my skills from the first link, it is pretty good.

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Kirsten, I just e-mailed you a new picture of me and one of me with both Pearl and Sky in it. Please add it when you can.:)

Kirsten
08-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Kirsten, I just e-mailed you a new picture of me and one of me with both Pearl and Sky in it. Please add it when you can.:)

It's added! :)

@molucass: Thanks! :) Okay, if you have another photo, just email it to me. :)

Kirsten