PDA

View Full Version : Food for Cories

Alysser
08-10-2008, 08:09 AM
I need some advice on what to feed Physco and Gary. When I had tetras I would feed them the tetra food, and I'd feed the bottom feeders algea pellets. They went crazy for them and I felt bad to take them away but I would have to clean the tank out every other weekend. The uneaten bits of pellet would grow a disgusting clear glob around them..and the algea pellets actually made the algea worse and it would grow everywhere on the tank. I took them away since I didn't have time to clean the tank as much as I had to. I've been feeding them tetra food but they don't like it that much, and I feel bad not letting them eat what they like. SO anyway, is there a food that I can feed my cories that is specially made for them but won't cause the tank to get dirty?

Casper
08-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I can't suggest any food especially for cories, as I did away with bottom-feeders a long time ago, but was wondering if you have tried any fresh food such as zucchini, peas, or lettuce? My algae eater loved fresh greens and they didn't make much of a mess.

Also, do you use a gravel vac? I use one every 3 days or so on my 75g tank that holds my oscar and it only takes me 10 minutes at most(including the time it takes to replace the water). On a smaller tank, I am sure it wouldn't exceed 5 minutes of your time.

Good luck. :) Sorry I wasn't able to help out more.