PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor and heat?

lunasmom
08-10-2008, 03:24 AM
I have about three packages of Interceptor flavor tabs that I bought before making the long move from Florida back to Colorado. I have had them stored in a box in the UHAUL trailer and it just occurred to me that the heat may have affected the pills... Does anyone know for sure how much of an affect heat would have on Interceptor? I opened the trailer today in the middle of the day to get something and the temperature didn't feel too hot. I just would hate to give my dogs something that's not really protecting them:confused:

kt_luvs_kitties
08-10-2008, 03:31 AM
As long as they werent in there too long, It should be ok!

I mean, they are packed and shipped in boxes, so they have to be in the heat eventually;)

If you want to, just call the vet and ask, but I would not see any harm in it!

lunasmom
08-10-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks..I appreciate the response :p I didn't think it would be a big problem, but I try to be careful....

lute
08-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't think heat does anything to Interceptor. They should be fine.

Freedom
08-10-2008, 08:14 PM
From the Interceptor home page:
http://www.interceptor.novartis.us/dog/en/label.shtml
Storage Conditions
INTERCEPTOR Flavor Tabs should be stored at room temperature, between 59° and 86°F (15-30°C).

Didn't know that 86 degree upper limit! Any home without a/c is going to be over that during the summer at times. And as Kate pointed out, during transport in those trucks, on the highways, I doubt it is in a refrigerated truck! So unless the package is punctured, a short exposure should be OK. (Reasoning that we get that in our homes in summer anyway.)

lute
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM
From the Interceptor home page:
http://www.interceptor.novartis.us/dog/en/label.shtml
Storage Conditions
INTERCEPTOR Flavor Tabs should be stored at room temperature, between 59° and 86°F (15-30°C).

Didn't know that 86 degree upper limit! Any home without a/c is going to be over that during the summer at times. And as Kate pointed out, during transport in those trucks, on the highways, I doubt it is in a refrigerated truck! So unless the package is punctured, a short exposure should be OK. (Reasoning that we get that in our homes in summer anyway.)

I had no idea! Well, then what do you think refrigeration would do? I've had some in the fridge for about a week now. They are in a bag with vaccinations. I just haven't taken them out of the bag yet.