PDA

View Full Version : This is horrible.

molucass
08-08-2008, 07:29 PM
This was found by someone on another forum I am a member of...
It truly is horrible and disgusting.

Click here. (http://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2008-07-26.5562886009)

It is a "shelter" in South Carolina.. The dogs and cats are in horrible conditions. They have "drop boxes" for any animals people do not want. And they use gas chambers to "euthanize" the animals every Friday.

Just thought I would crosspost here so all the other pet lovers could see it.
I posted it in the dog and the general sections as well.
They are trying to raise money for these poor animals.

catmandu
08-08-2008, 07:41 PM
ESPECIALLY THAT CAT DROP IN BOX. :mad:
I CANT IMAGINE ANYTHING MORE INHUMANE THAN DROPPING IN CATS AS THOUGH THEY WERE VIDEOS!!:mad:
THOSE POOR CAT, ALL CRAMMED IN THAT BOX.:mad:
BUT ITS GOING TO BE WORSE AFTER THE DEPRESSION COMES AND PETS, ESPECIALLY CATS ARE THOUGHT TO BE DISPOSABLE.:mad::mad::eek:

jazzcat
08-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I experienced one of those "shelters" in person in the late 80s when I took a dog we found wondering in the middle of the highway in the town I grew up. I was absolutely appauled when we pulled up to this "shelter and it was a block building with a gas chamber and there were was a dead dog at the entrance that someone had dropped off. There wasn't a person in site. It was awful! I did what I could about it (phone calls, letters to the editor) but nothing happened until 12 years later when the county built a real shelter.

BTW, we did not leave the dog. We found him a home.

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
How horrible.:( I used to live in Greenville,S.C. but I never visited any shelters while I was there. I did go to one in Rock Hill,S.C. to rescue a kitten for my boyfriend at the time. His parents cat had kittens and they all found homes except for one. He learned that they took it to the shelter so we drove quite a ways to go rescue it very early in the morning. The shelter was small but had nothing like this one.