PDA

View Full Version : Milagros Caninos dot org...

Husky_mom
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
translated would be Canine Miracles...

this site I came across through a Readers Digest magazine...

itīs in spanish and I can translate it for you but let me tell you a brief

this organization is a dog sanctuary/rescue which takes street stray dogs or those abandoned or neglected and they are taken to like in a facility with tons of space and are cared for forever...

itīs really nice to see ONE of this places here in Mexico, cause as far as I know itīs the only one so far so Iīm really proud...

some stories are just plain sad adn WILL make you LES big time... but the success is greater, such nice puppers with such love for life and with no regrets toward human kind that were not that human to them....

I thought about sharing this with you as this is a HUUUGE step into dog care culture adn this lady and her staff, mainly disabled, older and down syndrome, problem childs, and homeless (which is a great other plus as she gives opportunity to double) are doing a great job for those dogs in need...

thanks for reading...

there are tons to read and cry about...

milagroscaninos.org

ETA: I just found out it has an english version already so feel free to check it out, just the "antes y despues" is still in spanish so ask if you want me to translate those

lizbud
08-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Congratulations to these good people.:) I recognize that it is a big step
in the right direction in caring for dogs in that culture. Thanks for the tip
& I will definately check out the website.:)

I googled an English translation.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.milagroscaninos.org/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmilagroscaninos.org%26hl%3Den%26sa%3D G

dreamparkingspace
08-08-2008, 05:16 PM
What the...???

That website says they take in dogs from extreme situations such as "rape."

People rape dogs? Since when? That's disgusting.

lizbud
08-08-2008, 05:30 PM
What the...???

That website says they take in dogs from extreme situations such as "rape."

People rape dogs? Since when? That's disgusting.

Animals are abused in as many ways as sick human minds can come up
with,but that's not a subject for this post.( educate yourself by learning
more from animal rescue groups & animal abuse reports)

This site is a place for them to heal in body & mind.:)

Casper
08-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow, what an inspiriting organization!
I have spent a good deal of time reading through the site, I struggled a bit through the spanish on the "Before and After" section, but I did alright considering I haven't spoke a lick of spanish for a few months. I fell in love with Pastel (http://milagroscaninos.org/details.html?id=51), the little chow who had acid put on his face(correct me if I translated that wrong). It amazes me how dogs are able to go on about life after such traumatic events such as this, yet not hold a grudge on the whole human race. His will to recover and live is just phenomenal.

I also love, love, love how these dogs are cared for by people who are just as special as they are. It sounds like a win-win situation for all involved. :)

Thanks for sharing this!

Husky_mom
08-11-2008, 11:22 AM
I also fell for PAstel... and yes you were right on ... the poor baby had his face in acid and lost nose, upper lip.. but yet loves human contact...isnīt that amazing how dogs can be so full of forgiveness...

and some cases such as raping dogs... soo disgusting but also have a fair share... are among plenty of unthinkable things.... the founder one day saw a dog with her ears nailed, yes nailes, to a tree.... she struggled finding a way to remove the nails in order to get her to a vet.....

Iīm happy to found this a huge step forward.... and hoping this evolves and makes more people aware that pets deserve a nice life and not abuse of any kind