PDA

View Full Version : Which of these films would you choose to see?

Randi
08-08-2008, 12:51 PM
On one of our TV channels, we can vote for one of three films to see on a friday evening. I think I’ve seen them all before, so I voted for Analyze that - because of Robert de Niro, and because it's a comedy. ;) They'll show th eone that get the most votes.

Air Force One - The President of the United States is on a journey home after making a speech in Moscow. But on the journey, Russian hi-jakers take over the plane, disguising themselves as newspaper reporters. They want the President to ring Moscow and release General Redek. But they think that the President has escaped in the pod. But the president is really still on board air force One attempting to regain control of the plane and to rescue his wife and daughter.

Analyze That - Robert De Niro, Billy Crystal og Lisa Kudrow. (the text is in Danish here)

Deep Impact - A teenage astronomer and his teacher discover an object amongst the stars at night. Little do they know that it's a comet on a direct collision course for earth. After the teacher dies in a car crash trying to report his findings the President announces the comet's existence. He also states that there is no need to panic, because NASA is going to send astronauts on the space mission, Messiah. Their mission is to destroy the comet before it gets too close to the earth. When Messiah backfires, the President announces that special caves will have to be built, and the government will have to have a lottery-of-fate to randomly select 800,000 ordinary American citizens to go along with 200,000 scientists, soldiers, and other officials. These 1,000,000 people will be set aside to save the population from extinction when the comet hits

Rachel
08-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I've seen the first two. I didn't care for Analyze That, but then my standard for comedies tends to be a bit high.

I did like Air Force One.

Catty1
08-08-2008, 01:28 PM
I liked Air Force One - also because I finally got to see if Wendy Crewson the actress was the same Wendy Crewson that I was in a Grade 10 musical with.

It WAS!

She has a great working career, and I am so happy for her. She really had that 'extra something' on stage in Grade 10.

After I saw the film, I would mockingly whine, "She got to kiss HARRISON FORD!!!! WHAAA!!!" ;):D

Randi
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I've definately seen Air Force 1, and I liked it. Not so sure I've seen Deep Impact. Anyway, I'll know which is chosen in half an hour and have an early night - with the film and some candy. :D

I like Harrison Ford too. ;)

davidpizzica
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Randi, I love science fiction movies. My vote will be for Deep Impact.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I've seen Air Force I, and Deep Impact before, so I would also choose for
"Analyze that"

lizbud
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I've seen Air Force I, and Deep Impact before, so I would also choose for
"Analyze that"

Same here.:D I liked the other two, but I've seen them before.:)

I can't imagine DeNiro in a comedy.:p If you watch,let me know if he's funny.

Killearn Kitties
08-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Randi, they all sound rotten! Let us know what you decided on and whether it was any good. :D

slick
08-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I've already seen Analyze That and I must admit, it had a few laughs but to me I wouldn't rate it very high.

As for the other two, they don't interest me at all.

sparks19
08-08-2008, 09:26 PM
I liked analyze that... Robert DeNiro is one of my favorite actors and I love him in comedies lol

The other two aren't big favorites of mine.

Randi
08-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Well, Deep Impact was the one that got the most votes, so that's what they showed. It wasn't that good.