PDA

View Full Version : LOL, Thank you for Pet Talk, Al Gore!

RICHARD
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
I had to post this because I am laughing hard at the moment.

In exchaging some PMs I thought about what the world would be without PT and some of the great people that I have 'met' here.

I made a joke about if it wasn't for Al Gore and his inventing of the Internet, none of us would be able to have met, exchanged messages about our pets, our lives and what we really think about.

I don't mean to take anything away from Karen or Paul, but it's about time we gave a little credit to Al Gore.;):D

Everyone, together......

"Thank you, Al Gore!":rolleyes::eek::D

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Catty1
08-07-2008, 11:59 PM
THAAAANK YOU, MR GOOOORE......:p

(Richard - please see thread started by me on a card from phesina I got, in this forum...will underscore exactly what you are saying. Laughing hard? GLAD to hear THAT! ;) )

jazzcat
08-08-2008, 12:16 PM
That is a running joke in our house. My husband can't stand Gore and everytime he gets going about him I'll say "but honey, he invented the internet!" LOL!!!

I met Gore in 1990 when I was interning at Children's Hospital in their communications department. He came to film a commercial for the upcoming telethon. I got to be part of the entourage who gave him a tour of the hospital. He was very nice and I was impressed with him until he ran for President. I'll just say the bloom is off the rose.

Thank you for PT, Al!

lvpets2002
08-08-2008, 12:23 PM
:eek: WoW I thought it was someone else that invented the internet.. MMmm ok Many Thanks to Mr.. GGGGGGrrrrrrrrore... Richard your sluffen today.. We need you over on Thursdays to Bartend..

Moesha
08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Sort of off topic, sort of not. LOL

Al Gore is from the next town northwest of me. My friends went to eat at a new restaurant on the lake here a coule weekends ago. They said Al had just left. And I used to date his cousin. His mom was Al Gore's first cousin. (They never mentioned that though. Someone else told me.)