PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Is Loading Very Slowly

krazyaboutkatz
08-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi, I've been on since about 6:15pm or so and it's been very hard to jump from thread to thread because they load so slowly. Is any one else having these problems?

Karen
08-07-2008, 11:21 PM
No one else has mentioned it, there may be some hitch in your route from your machine to the server in Texas ... hope it clears up for you soon!

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Right after I posted this, everything was back to normal. It just reminded me of how it was before you updated your server. The strange thing was I could go any where else on the internet and it was very fast but when I tried doing anything on PT it was very slow.

Karen
08-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Glad it is back to normal for you! We all tend to take the Internet functionality for granted! All it takes is one little node hiccupping to slow things down!

lvpets2002
08-08-2008, 12:29 PM
:) MMmm I did not know that Texas had the server.. Interesting info..
No one else has mentioned it, there may be some hitch in your route from your machine to the server in Texas ... hope it clears up for you soon!

Karen
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
:) MMmm I did not know that Texas had the server.. Interesting info..

I sometimes loose track of where our physical server is, but we were fortunate this spring, as the ISP we use had a major fire in one of their buildings, and two people we know had severs go down. Our machine must have been in a different building, but that incident fixed in my mind where, physically, our server is.

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm usually not on PT at this time during the week but I've taken a few days off. I noticed it was some what slow yesterday at this time but today things are extremely slow. Right now I'm still waiting for the smilies to load. I tried going to other places on the internet and everything is very fast like it should be. I still think that my problem is due to the number of people being online here. I thought that the new server would take care of this problem. I sure hope that I'm not the only one having this problem. It's so frustrating.

catmandu
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
I Cant Really Tell At Home As I Am On Dial Up Which Is Slower Than A Pegged Legged Man Crossing The Swamp On Most Days.
At The Library Though It Has Been A Bit Slower Than Normal, And They Have The Highest Speed Possible.

Karen
08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm usually not on PT at this time during the week but I've taken a few days off. I noticed it was some what slow yesterday at this time but today things are extremely slow. Right now I'm still waiting for the smilies to load. I tried going to other places on the internet and everything is very fast like it should be. I still think that my problem is due to the number of people being online here. I thought that the new server would take care of this problem. I sure hope that I'm not the only one having this problem. It's so frustrating.

What kind of Internet Service Provider do you use? Is it a shared connection? Our server seems to be running at normal speed for me, but I am on the opposite coast from you.

krazyaboutkatz
08-13-2008, 11:36 PM
I have Comcast HSI and I even upgraded to their blast speed. In June I also added their digital voice home phone service so I now use their modem. The woman told me that my speed should be even faster because of using this modem.

I have a desktop computer and my roommate has a laptop so I also have a router connected to my modem so that she can also use Comcast HSI. Like I said before, I usually don't go online during the afternoon or early evening hours during the week because I'm at work and I don't have access to a computer. I usually go online at night or early in the morning. Since a lot of PT'ers are on the east coast they aren't online when I'm on at night.

When I was having problems, I noticed that there were quite a few people online at PT so maybe this is why I was experiencing such a slow speed. Supposedly with cable it shouldn't matter when I go online because it should always be fast but I still have my doubts about this.

Karen
08-14-2008, 03:10 AM
I'd call Comcast and ask them to check their system, tell them you are having a slow connection to this particular server. They should be able to ping it, and see where the slow-down is happening.

We used to have Comcast, but every once in a while, we'd be able to reach other sites, but not our own server because of specific problems in their system. We'd have to drive to my old office, and upload the next day's pets from there, which was really annoying. We haven't had that happen even once since we switched to Verizon FiOS, thank goodness!