PDA

View Full Version : Can I have a break, please? :( Please read post #26

Kfamr
08-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm going to go insane. Just as I thought everything was going smoothly, finally finding a place for Dublin to stay (see Dog General), and was able to come home and be with my dogs.

I find out my grandpa was diagnosed with leukemia and my goddaughter, her mother, and her father show up at my front door with nowhere to stay.

I've been having really bad chest pains and I think it's because of all the stress. I came in my room and left them in the livingroom so I could be a baby and cry some. They will be staying here for the night and have somewhere to go tomorrow night.

Please, I need your prayers, thoughts, etc. more than ever now. It's taking a toll on me.

chocolatepuppy
08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Oh no Kay, sometimes when it rains it pours.:( I'm so sorry, hang in there girl. Many prayers headed your way. {{{hugs}}}

Cataholic
08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
That is a significant amount of stress. I know when I am in a stressful situation, I try to stay in the moment, and not try to imagine the next week, ten days, whatever...just take it moment by moment. Crying like a baby is a good thing, it serves to release some of the tension.

Hang in there.

RockyRoad
08-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Kay, I`m so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I`ve always seen you as such a strong and wonderfully capable person, and I know you`ll be able to get through this. As will your family. Crying is excellent, bottling it up only makes things worse. Prayers are on the way for you, your grandpa, and the rest of your family. Stay strong! :love: {{hugs}}

Bengalz
08-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Kay, I hope your puppers are with you because if anyone can make you feel better, they can:) Take a deep breath and try to relax - better days will come:)

Hugs, Betty

jennielynn1970
08-07-2008, 10:49 PM
That is a lot to be dealing with. I'm so sorry you have to have all this going on all at once!

Is there any way you can get to a doctor and get something for anxiety or panic attacks? It sounds like it's an anxiety issue with the chest pains, as they mimic heart attack symptoms (so you don't have to worry about that!).

Hope that things will calm down and get back to normal soon (and that your grandpa will be doing better).

Catty1
08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Kay, this IS horrid news. {{{{HUGS}}}}

I know a man in his early 70's who was exhausted at the end of April, and was diagnosed about a month ago with "indolent leukemia". It appears mostly in men over the age of 50.

If this is the kind your grandfather has - I just want to tell you what the man above told us.

This kind of leukemia starts many years earlier, with just a cell or two. It doesn't destroy other cells - it just crowds them out at some point. He is on very mild chemo - 3 tablets every Saturday, and has had no side effects.

His doctors also told him that, because he was in his early 70's, that he would likely die "with" this leukemia, not "of" it.

It seems very manageable, hon...my hope with the man I mentioned is that he will regain some energy, because he is still exhausted.

{{{{hugs}}}} to you - and prayers that everything works out for your goddaughter and her parents.

I hope you now get a dose of YOU time and that you get to chill out for a while.

Karen
08-07-2008, 11:17 PM
We love you, Kay, and are sending you big strong hugs, and a shoulder to cry on. Love you, love you, and you'll be in our prayers.

Taz_Zoee
08-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Kay, I'm sorry you have so much going on right now. Just know you can ALWAYS come here and vent, cry, scream or talk. Whatever you want, we will listen.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather too.

Stay strong, you can get through this.

K9karen
08-08-2008, 12:34 AM
:( I'm so sorry you're so stressed out and in the dumps, Kay. When it rains, it pours. Crying is good medicine, especially when you have 4 Muttlies who don't mind getting wet.

I'm saddened that your grandfather is ill again. He'll be in my thoughts.

Hugs & :love:

kt_luvs_kitties
08-08-2008, 04:08 AM
Kay- I am sorry you are so stressed out and that all this is happening to you right now.

I will be praying for your Grandfather, as well as your goddaughter and family.

Hug your pups and feel better soon...

Joey pup sends PLENTY of slobbery licks just for you!!!

beeniesmom
08-08-2008, 06:02 AM
I'm sorry for what you and your family are going through.
I know it's difficult but try to stay calm.
Your family doesn't need for you to get sick too.
hugs

Medusa
08-08-2008, 06:44 AM
Kay, I'm sorry that this is happening but you've come to the right place for comfort. When my son was ill earlier this year, I was scared to death and my PT friends came to the rescue in full force w/posts and private messages, too, even phone calls. You've been dealt a lot in a very short period of time, so it's only natural that you want to cry and don't hold it in. It's good for you unless you find yourself doing it all the time. Perhaps talk to your dr. and see if you can take something short term to get you through this rough spot. And know that we're all sending up prayers on your and your family's behalf right now. Keep the faythe. :)

Freedom
08-08-2008, 07:27 AM
{{HUGS}} for you, to be delivered by the fur kids. Prayers for your family and for you as well.

anna_66
08-08-2008, 07:38 AM
Seems like everyone has already said my sentiments so I'll just be sending you lots of :love: and many (((hugs)))

cloverfdx
08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Good thoughts on the way for you and your family Kay {{Hugs}}.

Daisy and Delilah
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm so sorry, Kay. Please think about getting to a doctor for your stress. You've had alot on your plate for a long time. I wish you the best in getting through this. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

cassiesmom
08-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Thinking of you and praying for you and your family, dear Kay -- HUGS!

lizbud
08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
We love you, Kay, and are sending you big strong hugs, and a shoulder to cry on. Love you, love you, and you'll be in our prayers.

Karen has pretty much expressed my thoughts as well. You're no baby
because you cry, you are just human.:) Sometimes it seems that bad things
all happen at the same time.:( Prayers,hugs & lots of :love: coming your way.
Hang in there kay.:)

K9soul
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about your grandfather. He and your grandma have had to suffer so much. Your family will definitely be in my prayers.

Ginger's Mom
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
More prayers and hugs are being sent out for you, Kay. I am so sorry that everything seems to be crowding in at once. Cry, rest, and repeat as necessary. You are a strong and loving person and things will get better. Prayers are going out for your grandfather as well.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Oh, Kay, you poor thing. That IS a lot to be stressed about. But as everyone else has said, crying is a good way to let it all out. I am sending lots of :love: your way!:)

krazyaboutkatz
08-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Kay, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through so much stress.:( I hope that everything calms down soon. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

BC_MoM
08-09-2008, 12:26 AM
I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Kay.

Remember... if God brought you to it, He will bring you through it! :)

Kfamr
08-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the thoughts everyone.

I'm feeling a bit better today, although still stressed, I was able to have a nice relaxing day yesterday and fun evening. :)

I'm TRYING to stay positive because I realize being down and out doesn't help the situation at all.

Kfamr
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I don't want to get into details because this is just all such a blur to me right now.

My best friend, Mia's Mother, Nicole... passed away last night. She went into cardiac arrest and she is gone.

Please say a prayer for Mia...
Nicole i love you.
http://a326.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_122a2cc8f64f448e9d07bc48bd572a85.jpg

shais_mom
08-18-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't want to get into details because this is just all such a blur to me right now.

My best friend, Mia's Mother, Nicole... passed away last night. She went into cardiac arrest and she is gone.

Nicole i love you.
http://a326.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/42/l_122a2cc8f64f448e9d07bc48bd572a85.jpg

oh my.
how sad.
so sorry for your loss Kay and mia.

Catty1
08-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Kay....{{{{hugs}}}}. Nicole had a great life because you were in it.

anna_66
08-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh Kay, I'm so terribly sorry to hear about this:(

Karen
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh, so sad to hear. You'll be in our prayers. At least you will be able to share memories of her with the baby as she grows up.

krazyaboutkatz
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Kay, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You, Mia, and Nicole's family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

K9soul
08-18-2008, 07:09 PM

Nicole i love you.

What an incredible shock and sickening tragedy for little Mia and all those who loved Nicole. Nicole and her family and all her loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers. I can certainly understand why it would be hard to talk about right now. You must be in a total state of shock. :( I can't even imagine. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

chocolatepuppy
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh how sad.:( I'm so sorry Kay. Both you and Nicole's family will be in my prayers.

M&M's Mommy
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
We'll be keeping you and those you love in our thoughts & prayers.

Alysser
08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Kay, I am so sorry to hear about your best friend. Words cannot even express how sad this is. (((hugs))) Prayers for you and little Mia. :(

Daisy and Delilah
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Thoughts and prayers going out, Kay. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

RockyRoad
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Oh no, how terrible this news is. :( I`m so sorry, Kay. More prayers are on the way for you, and for sweet little Mia as well. {{{Hugs}}}

Husky_mom
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I´m soooo sorry... I have no words to express how much actually...

my thoughts are with you and baby Mia...what a tough loss for you both...

Ginger's Mom
08-18-2008, 09:05 PM
How very tragic. Kay, I am very sorry for your loss. You and Mia will be in my prayers. :(

Cataholic
08-18-2008, 09:46 PM
What a horrible, horrible tragedy, Kay. I am so very sorry for the loss of Nicole, as meaningless as those words are. Prayers for Mia, you, and all those that loved Nicole.
Johanna

AdoreMyDogs
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM
How horrible :( What shocking, terrible news this is. :( I can't imagine losing my best friend, especially at such a young age. What a terrible tragedy. I'm so sorry for your loss, for Mia's loss, and for Nicole's parents loss. I can't imagine how devistated you all must be.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Nicole and her family and friends will be in my prayers.

Taz_Zoee
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Kay, I am so very sorry to hear this. I don't really know what to say, so I just agree with previous posts. :(

prechrswife
08-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm so sorry...There truly are no words...:(

cyber-sibes
08-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Surrounding you & little Mia with love & light, Kay.

Tears are the jewels that adorn the face of one who mourns in the night.

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Kay, I am so sorry to hear this news. I don't even have any words . Lots of thoughts and prayers for you, Nicole's family and dear little Mia.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Oh, Kay, I am so sorry to read about your dear friend Nicole. Love and prayers on the way for Nicole's family, and baby Mia.:(:(

kallisto4529
08-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Kay, I can not even begin to tell you how very sorry I am, my thoughts and prayers are with you, and Nicole's family.

k9krazee
08-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Kay, I am so sorry. :( Sending out many, many prayers and hugs for everybody.

Medusa
08-20-2008, 06:20 AM
Prayers continuing here for this situation and for all involved. I'm so sorry.

cloverfdx
08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Oh Kay what a shock, how tragic :(. You, Mia and all of Nicole's family and friends will be in my thoughts.

{{Hugs}}

4 Dog Mother
08-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Oh, Kay, how horrible! It is so hard to understand why these things happen. Prayers will be going out for you, Mia and Nicole's family.

Kfamr
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I was able to go visit Mia last night. My friends and I went and spent over $70 getting some diapers, baby wipes, nipples, socks, etc... necessities.

Her funeral is on Friday. I don't know how I am going to handle this. I've never been to a funeral. I never thought it'd be a funeral of someone my age, my best friend. I haven't cried much at all other than the day I found out, I'm completely numb. I cried when I woke up yesterday and once while I was talking to her family last night. I still think I'm going to be able to call her tomorrow and have a silly conversation with her like always.

We had a really nice, long visit with them. We shared stories of how we met Nicole and silly stuff we did in school together. I know Nicole would have been smiling and laughing along with us, maybe she was.

Her grandma is a complete mess. She watched Nicole die. She said she was laying in bed, which is within viewing of where grandma was, Nicole took a gasping breath and then she was gone, stiff as a board. She went into cardiac arrest and her body didn't have enough electrolytes to start back up.

Meanwhile, grandma was holding the baby and trying to call 911 with her cellphone that was cutting in and out because they barely get service in their house.

It really is tragic. She far to young to be taken, especially taken out like this. I really want to get a tattoo in her honor/memory. I don't want it to be a typical "in memory of" or "rest in peace" - I want something that meant a lot to most of us. This is what I've come up with...

Mia's footprint would be in the middle with this text around it...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/nextt.jpg

Mia is the last big step in life that we shared and we both love that baby so much.

Here are a few more pictures for anyone that wants to see how beautiful she was. If only you all knew how amazing of a person she was, too.

She didn't like dogs, but she loved mine because she knew how much I loved them.
http://a107.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/123/l_48dabc79b6898bc767ec2c014f9cf712.jpg

She was so excited about her baby girl...
http://a624.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/55/l_233adc708c82c2237be49d33d22c9e9f.jpg

She was a wonderful mother.
http://a100.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/83/l_79b6f113e7247205cb51015eda723223.jpg

This still feels so unreal.

slleipnir
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm so sorry...I wish I knew what else to say :( Such a tragic thing...:(

shais_mom
08-20-2008, 11:38 AM
I think that tatoo is a fabulous honor for your friend Kay.
Once again, please accept my heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

wolf_Q
08-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh my gosh...I didn't see this until now. I'm so very sorry to hear this news, Kay. :( What a shock...I can't even imagine what you are going through right now. I know both of you were so excited about baby Mia, Nicole would have been such a wonderful mom, it doesn't make sense for her to be taken away like that. :( {{HUGS}} to you, Kay, and I'll be keeping Mia and Nicole's family in my thoughts as well.

Taz_Zoee
08-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I get tears in my eyes every time I think of this young life taken so early. Those pictures are beautiful. And I'm sure you have many more that you can cherish and show Mia as she grows up.

The tattoo idea you have is wonderful!

Hugs to you Kay.

Ginger's Mom
08-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Keeping you and Nicole's family in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad to hear that a group of who love Nicole were able to get together to share your memories and experiences. That is so important. I love the picture of her and Kiara on the beach, it is a true treasure to have. I will be thinking of you on Friday. {{{Hugs}}}

Daisy and Delilah
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
My heart breaks to see you go through this, Kay. I am so very sorry. I wish I could give you a giant hug right now and try to ease your pain. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

ramanth
08-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Too young. :( :( :( Poor little Mia.

Kay, my most sincerest condolences for you all. It's just not fair. :(

chocolatepuppy
08-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Kay, especially on this most difficult day.{{{hugs}}}

BitsyNaceyDog
08-22-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm so very sorry, Kay. You and Mia, as well as the rest of Nicole's family and friends are in my prayers.

Catty1
08-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Those photos of Nicole are wonderful. How awful poor Grandmother saw her die. OMG - I hope the family and you get some report of HOW this could have happened. Whether she got too thin after Mia was born, or childbirth took too much out of her...she was just too young and this is SO not fair!

Mia is blessed to have ALL of you, to share memories and pictures of her Mom, and especially of her Mom and her! When she sees that pic of her mom kissing her, she will know she was very loved, and will always be.

{{{{hugs}}}}