PDA

View Full Version : Thursdays #277 - Olympic Fun and Cold Drinks!

Karen
08-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Is anyone here? Hello? Bartender? I heard Lady barking hello as I approached, so I dug out my key and opened up ...

lvpets2002
08-07-2008, 03:01 PM
:) Hello Hello We all here.. Bartender wake up.. We needs some LIT with fruit & yes the unbrella too please..

Randi
08-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Hi there! I'll just have a night cap that will make me sleep after one chapter - perhaps tea would be suitable? Thanks and good night! :)

Karen
08-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Randi, tea I can do. Blueberry tea for you and catnip tea for Fister, perhaps?

G'night!

davidpizzica
08-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Randi, tea I can do. Blueberry tea for you and catnip tea for Fister, perhaps?

G'night!

Karen, want me to stick around and tend bar until RICHARD arrives? I'm on a pretty much soft and liquid diet right now. I'll have a slushie with a straw!

Karen
08-07-2008, 06:02 PM
That'd be cool, David! Much past tea, and I'm not a good bartender! We still need a theme and a drink for the week - it being summer, I vote for peach iced tea ... even though it's cool and rumbly out here, that'll make it taste like summer!

davidpizzica
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
That'd be cool, David! Much past tea, and I'm not a good bartender! We still need a theme and a drink for the week - it being summer, I vote for peach iced tea ... even though it's cool and rumbly out here, that'll make it taste like summer!

Karen, how about "cold drinks and relaxation" thursday? After my dental fun this week, all I can do is drink cold drinks!

RedHedd
08-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Ooh that sounds good! One peach iced tea for the road please :cool:

gini
08-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Theme? Well, it is the start of the Olympics - maybe we celebrate that - wish every athlete great sucess and fun at these Olympics.

I found a Chinese drink - but it has that blue stuff in it - so I will make them, but I sure am not going to drink them!:D

China Blue
1.0 fl. oz. of Blue Curacao
1.0 fl. oz. of Lychee Liqueur
1.0 fl. oz. of Grapefruit Juice
Ice

Thanks for opening the bar Karen - this work thing is getting old - I would much rather rabble rouse at the Pet Talk Thursdays!

RICHARD
08-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone.

A little preoccupied with home life.:(

I'll try to pop in and take orders as time permits.

Hope everyone is doing o.k.

Are the smilies moving again?

Karen
08-08-2008, 02:10 AM
I changed the title to Olympic fun and Cold Drinks!

When we were in Beijing, and went to the tourist-must-do Tea House, they had an extensive menu for teas. This is China, after all, right? I asked our translator and friend to pick one, and she said, "Eh, tea is tea, it's all the same." And so I picked one from the page of Jasmine teas that had the longest, most unpronounceable-in-English name I'd ever seen. And it was marvelous.

I bet iced Jasmine tea would be heavenly!

cassiesmom
08-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello, everybody and especially, hello, Lady! Could I please have iced tea, just basic iced tea would be fine for me. The last time we got Chinese take-out, the fortune in my fortune cookie read "The star of friendship shines upon you" and I think that's an appropriate thing to share with my Thursdays friends!

Grace
08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Karen, want me to stick around and tend bar until RICHARD arrives? I'm on a pretty much soft and liquid diet right now. I'll have a slushie with a straw!

David - would you like a Rum Slush? I could probably come up with one of those for you in just a few minutes.

davidpizzica
08-08-2008, 01:46 PM
David - would you like a Rum Slush? I could probably come up with one of those for you in just a few minutes.

Oh, please do, Grace. I'm still a little sore from the dental work and the fact that they nicked my left cheek with the novocaine and that side is numb!

smokey the elder
08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
*Now where did I put that dim sum cookbook...ah, HERE it is!*

How about some homemade dim sum? Shrimp toast, meat on a stick, red bean paste buns, pork buns, shu mai, fried wontons.... now I need to take the subway to Chinatown!:D

gini
08-08-2008, 03:22 PM
*Now where did I put that dim sum cookbook...ah, HERE it is!*

How about some homemade dim sum? Shrimp toast, meat on a stick, red bean paste buns, pork buns, shu mai, fried wontons.... now I need to take the subway to Chinatown!:D

SITS DOWN - CHOPSTICKS AT THE READY!!! OH MY, THIS IS DELICIOUS!

RICHARD
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Let me put on a pot o' tea and grab some Chinese Take Out menus.;)

LOL,
Gini, put on your rose colored glasses and the 'blue' will go away!

DONE?:confused:

I'll be back.

Karen
08-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Just brought back some steamed shrimp dumplings to share - because here I won't be allergic to them! Brought enough for everyone!

Jasmine tea, please!

davidpizzica
08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Just brought back some steamed shrimp dumplings to share - because here I won't be allergic to them! Brought enough for everyone!

Jasmine tea, please!

Karen, those look and smell delicious! As you just said, only here will I'll be able to chew 'em!!

Lady's Human
08-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Just got back from the circus....

the shrub won the race, durnit.

I'll take a large white russian, please.

slick
08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
The Center for Disease Control has issued a medical alert about a highly contagious, potentially dangerous virus that is transmitted orally, by hand, and even electronically. This virus is called Weary Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from your boss, any of your colleagues, or anyone else via any means whatsoever - DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life completely. If you should come into contact with WORK you should immediately leave the premises.

Take two good friends to the nearest grocery store and purchase one or both of the antidotes - Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) and Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

:D:D

smokey the elder
08-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Lol!