PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Yard Sale/Kittens & Cats Adopt-A-Thon! This Weekend!

Anikaca77
08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi All,

Please see my previous thread on this topic.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143866

It's funny when it's time to get down and dirty people who volunteer back out sometimes...crazy isn't it.

Well that's exactly what happened, Shirley had 2 people who were suppose to help my husband and I move the stuff up stairs into the 2 car garage for this Huge Yard Sale/Kittens & Cats Adopt-A-Thon event and they can't help now. The one lady though helps Shirley often so I can't say anything about her.

But that's the way volunteer stuff goes. So last night my husband and I went over to Shirley's daughter's house (that's where we are holding this event) and moved most of the yard sale stuff up from the basement. Earlier this past weekend I ended up in the emergency room with a bad kidney infection so I'm still recovering myself but I'm getting better but I have to be careful I don't overdue it and cause more harm than good.

So on Friday and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. we are going to hold this event!

I've made a ton of signs so far and I'm going to distribute some of them during my lunch hour and then put the rest up later tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.

I hope we raise a lot of money for Fondas Foundlings and even get some cats adopted out!

Take care everyone,
Melissa

catmandu
08-07-2008, 06:05 PM
THE FOUND CATS ARE PRAYING THAT YOU MAKE LOTS OF MONEY FOR THOSE POOR CATS.
YOU ARE SUCH A NICE PERSON :love::love::love:

Moesha
08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Will you have information about Fatty there for people that are shopping at the yardsale to see?

Anikaca77
08-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Yes I posted information there about Fatty & Pretty Girl but sadly no one took or were interested in him..

The yard sale was a huge success for Fondas Foundlings we raised just about $500 for the cats!

I was so excited and glad it's over with as well.

We had a huge crowd there Friday but Saturday was pretty decent.

Thanks for asking,
Melissa

Will you have information about Fatty there for people that are shopping at the yardsale to see?

catmandu
08-11-2008, 09:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Cat%20Photos/6ce03f9d.jpg
We are glad that you raised all one that money. I know that if Our Dad was there that Fatty would be our roomate now, he had a kind heart in these adoption matters. And we would have embraced Fatty with all of our LOVE!![
Con Cat ULATIONS! We are praying that someone sees what GREAT Cats Fatty and Pretty Girl are and give them a FURREVER HOME:love::cool::D
Scrappy 2, the Dear LOVE and Lover of Michigan Sydney.:love::love: