PDA

View Full Version : I Feel So Bad! I Had Ebony Tubbette Wo Is Pregnant, Please Pray For Little Momma Cat

catmandu
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
TUBBETTE IS GONE!!
I HAD HER IN THE BEST CARRIER AND AS SHE WAS SNARLING AND HISSING, I DID NOT MAKE SURE THE THE LOCKS ON THE CARRIER WERE SECURE. I WAS SURE THEY WERE AS ITS A SPRING LOCK SYSTEM.
SHE GOT OUT AND I CLOSED OFF THE PORCH, AND I WAS GOING TO LET HER STAY THERE WITH FOOD WATER AND LITTER, BUT WHEN I WAS PUTTING OUT MY BLUE BOX THIS MORNING SHE ESCAPED.:eek::eek:
AND SHE DIDNT EAT THE HUMAN AND ACT TUNA, WHICH SHE LOVES.
I AM AFRAID THAT I TRAUMATIZED HER , AND SHE MMAY GO ELESWHERE AND HAVE HER BABIES.:(:eek::(
THIS IS THE SAME CAT I CALLED EBONY TUBSTER, BUT IT WAS OBVIOUS I WAS WRONG NOW.
PLEASE PRAY THAT I GET A SECOND CHANCE AND DONT FAIL AGAIN:(:(:(

Catty1
08-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Oh Gary!

Since she was with you for so long, I am sure she will venture back...

Prayers that Momma cat is back soon!

Could your Aunt Joan help at all?

Anikaca77
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm saying a special pray that Ebony will return to your place safe and sound.

Hugs*

Freedom
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
She may not have approved of the carrier, but overall she DOES know she was well fed and well treated at the Found Cats Hotel. Leave some food out, she will be around. Prayers that you catch up with her again quickly!

moosmom
08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Gary,

She knows where her food source comes from. She won't stray far and may even come back to the "Hotel" to have her babies because she knows it's safer than outdoors.

I'll keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers honey.

kb2yjx
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Gary, prayers that ET comes back!!! Can Janice or Michelle keep a lookout for her??

catmandu
08-07-2008, 06:01 PM
WELL AUNT JANICE SET OUT SOME BEEF STEW , BUT EBONY TUBBETTE WAS VERY WARY, AND WOULD ONLY COME AFTER JANICE WENT, AND I WAS INDOORS.I FEEL BADLY FOR THOSE KITTENS, THIS IS NOT A SAFE PLACE FOR BABY KITTENS.:eek::eek::eek:
I WISH I HADNT TRIED TO CATCH HER RIGHT AWAY, AND THAT I WAS A SMARTER MAN.:eek::(:o

Catty1
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Good news that she came around! She will relax in a few days....for her to come even this close so soon is a very good sign, as I see it.

Can you borrow a large dog cage, covered with a blanket or sheet so she feels safer? (and soft old blanket on the floor of the cage?)

She could stay and have her kittens in there, and have way more room.

lizbud
08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Good news that she came around! She will relax in a few days....for her to come even this close so soon is a very good sign, as I see it.

I think so too. Please don't beat yourself up over what has already
happened. I'm sure you would do better next time. I had to take one
of my cats to the Vet on Weds. Mikey actually freaked out inside the
carrier & I thought sure he would injure himself. I called the Vet to delay
the appt. Long story short. Made a trip to the Vet for meds to calm him
down, wait for a few hours & brought him in with no problems. I was
amazed & relieved at how calm he was on the Vet table.

It really only took 1/2 tablet to calm him completely.

catfamily
08-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Gary
Don't beat yourself up over this.
She'll be back and you can try again.

cassiesmom
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
She will come back to you, Gary, because she knows where there is food. (Is this the kitten that has another home with one of your neighbors -- Lloyd? -- or am I thinking of a different cat?)

Medusa
08-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Gary, it isn't that you're not a smart man, far from it. It's just that cats are crafty. Look at how Puddy has me jumping through hoops for her. I think Tubette knows that she was loved and she definitely knows where to go when she's hungry. I concur w/the others; I think she'll come back. In the meantime, we'll send up prayers. Keep the faythe. :)

momtomany
08-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Gary, don't be hard on yourself. She may be a little spooked but she knows you love her and will take good care of her and her babies.

catmandu
08-09-2008, 03:24 PM
WELL SHE CAME FOR THE TONY ROMAS BEEF RIBS , AND STAYED FAR AWAY UNTIL I LEFT , AND THEN SHE SWOOSHED IN AND ATE!!!:D
I WILL PUT MORE OUT AND I KNOW THAT OUR AUNT JANICE IS DOING A SCOTTISH LUNCHEON TODAY, SO THERE WILL BE SOME HAGGIS FOR ME, AND THICK BEEF SAUSAGES FOR THE FOUND CATS AND PORCH CATS:love::love:
I JUST HOPE THAT I CAN CATCH HER. THE ONLY THING IS THAT IF SHE BROKE OF THAT CARRIER AND I CLOSED IT RIGHT, I HAVE NO HOPE AS THAT IS MY BEST CARRIER.:love:

Catty1
08-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Gary - surely you could borrow a carrier from Janice or Joan? Or even if you have a 'next best' carrier, as long as the fasteners are good.

Gary - maybe you should have a nursery area for her - a separate room, or even a large dog cage covered with a blanket (we used dog cages where I used to work with cats - and they are plenty big enough to hold a litter box and a cat bed.).

You want to put her somewhere where she won't escape - cats are very crafty and fast! :)

Again - I am sure someone could lend you a dog cage - it would be only temporary. Same for a separate room - it is only temporary.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Karen
08-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I am glad she is still coming around - she knows that your place is a good place, and where food comes from. Hopefully she will stick around, and have her kittens where she is safe.

catmandu
08-10-2008, 10:26 AM
AUNT JANICE IS COMING WITH A HOME MADE WOODEN CARRIER TUESDAY , AND SOME SALMON STEAKS , AND WHEN EBONY TUBBETTE GOES IN, THEN THE DOOR CLOSES AND IS LOCKED.
I FEEL SO BADLY FOR THAT LITTLE ONE AS ITS ACTUALLY COLD HERE WITH CONSTANT RAINING.
PLEASE PRAY THAT WE CAN GET EBONY TUBBETTE TO SAFETY.:love::love:

Catty1
08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Prayers that all goes well!

Where is Tubbette going to stay to have her babies? Like - is there a part of your house she will stay in?

After she gives birth, she might not be so "Tubbette" any more - she might need a new name! ;)

catmandu
08-10-2008, 03:02 PM
AUNT JANICE HAS FRIENDS WITH A BIG OLD FARMHOUSE CLOSE TO THE LOCAL VETS , AND THEY HAVE A ROOM IN THIER FINISHED BASEMENT THAT USE TO BE A FRUIT CELLAR .:love:
ITS WELL EQUIPPED WITH PLACES WHERE A MOMMA CAT CAN HIDE YET BE OBSERVED IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH THE BIRTHING.:eek:
AND TUBBETTE IS NOT A COMMENT ON THE YOUND LADUES SHAPE, ITS A TRIBUTE TO TUBBY ANGEL, OF THE ANGEL COUPLE PEANUTS AND TUBBY , LIKE TUBBY 2 ANGEL AND TUBSTER PANTHER.:love::love:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011912.jpg
:cool::love:

Killearn Kitties
08-10-2008, 03:08 PM
We will be keeping all our fingers and paws crossed that things go well on Tuesday.
Good luck!

cassiesmom
08-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Okay, Tubbette, mamma-to-be. There is a plan for you and the kittens. Now I pray that you will come round for food so you can be rescued and safely deliver the kittens.

catmandu
08-11-2008, 09:47 AM
Tonights the night as Our Aunt Janice called and said that she wsa mixing a special Sea Food Dish, with Crab Meat, Shrimps, and Bits of Lobster from the left overs from the Dinner she is catering.
If that doesnt work, I am at a loss, we might have to try the AWA Humane Trap.
PLEASE PRAY for Ebony Tubbette.
I wish I knew where her Photos were.

phesina
08-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Prayers for Ebony Tubbette.. I gather she has come home and had her kittens safely. I was away for a week and am just checking the Web and stuff now.

So my prayers are for the health and happiness of her and her new babies!

catmandu
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
SO FAR SO GOOD, THE LITTLE ONES TNT TUBBY NAD THERESA TUBBY ARE FEEDING WELL, AND EBONY TUBBETTES EATING LIKE A QUEEN.
SHE HAS A PHESINA CAT NIP CIGAR TO PLAY WITH, AND A TOY FROM VIGINIA AS WELL AS MOMENTOES FROM THE FOUND PARADISE CAT HOTEL.
THEY ARE JUST WATCHING FOR NOW UNTIL EBONY TUBBETTE GETS USED TO THEM.:love::love::love:
I WILL BEG FROM KITTEN PHOTOS, LITERALLY BEG ONCE THEY ARE MOBILE:cool::cool::love:

lvpets2002
08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
:love: Ok I am just catching up on this one.. Uncle Gary you have new babies.. How so Sweet & Cute I would bet they are.. Cant wait for pics.. Thank Goodness all is working out so good & well..

moosmom
08-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Congratulations Uncle Gary. I'm glad it all worked out and she and her babies are safe.

catmandu
08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
THEY ARE GOING TO TRY TO TAKE A LOOK AT THERESA TUBBY WHOS SMALL, BUT THEY THINK IT MAY BE THAT TNT TUBBY IS A KING SIZED KITTEN.:cool::cool:
HES GOING TO BE LIKE HIS GRAND PA:cool:, EBONY TUBSTER:love:WHO A HUGE CAT.
HES ALREADY SPOKEN FOR , AND WILL LIVE IN A LUXURY CONDO IN ANCASTER.
I WILL TRY FOR EBONY TUBBETTE :love:, BUT SHE MAY NEED TO BE THE BOSS CAT!!:love: