PDA

View Full Version : All Caps ?

Taz_Zoee
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
I've had this happen before a few times, but not recently.
I wanted to type a couple words in ALL CAPS, but it wouldn't keep. I noticed in the same thread a poster that ALWAYS uses all caps wasn't either.
Any idea why this is?

See, now it worked in this thread. :confused::confused: Is there something I need to do?

Karen
08-06-2008, 10:24 AM
We may have all caps turned off in some forums, where did that happen to you? All caps is generally considered shouting, but we don't mind when catmandu posts that way because it is easier for him to see.

Taz_Zoee
08-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh, that's probably it. It was in Cat Memorial.
I just wanted to write RIP BC and it wouldn't let me. Instead I just reworded what I wrote. No worries.
Thank you!! :D

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Ok, now....I was posting in Cat General in Gary's thread about Michael being home and it wouldn't let me do the ALL CAPS. I typed it in all caps but when it posted it only capitalized the first letter of each word.
:confused::confused::confused:

Hellow
11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I have typed in ALL CAPS on alot of threads throughout these forums, and never has it blocked it. I wonder if the problem is your browser filtering it or something?

Whisk_Luva
11-15-2008, 05:13 PM
I've had the same issue when trying to type things such as 'happy birthday' in all caps etc :confused:

Taz_Zoee
11-15-2008, 06:48 PM
I have typed in ALL CAPS on alot of threads throughout these forums, and never has it blocked it. I wonder if the problem is your browser filtering it or something?

I would say sure this could be possible if it did it EVERY time. But it doesn't. Like just now in my last post it worked just fine. :confused:
Lets TEST it AGAIN here. Yup, works here.

blue
11-25-2008, 02:36 AM
http://www.geocities.com/duffy7836/capslock.jpg

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
I've had the same issue when trying to type things such as 'happy birthday' in all caps etc :confused:

That has happened to me quite a few times.

Karen
11-25-2008, 08:27 PM
That has happened to me quite a few times.

The next time it happens, make a note of what forum and thread it happened in, and send me a PM, please!

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Karen, most likely it was General and/or Dog General that I was saying Happy Birthday. I'll let you know if it happens again. :)

Taz_Zoee
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
It's doing it again!!!
I tried to post LMAO!! :D :D in a thread in General. I think its titled silly but fun. It didn't cap the letters and didn't make the faces. :( I guess I'll go click on the faces at least.

Karen
01-30-2009, 07:22 PM
It's doing it again!!!
I tried to post LMAO!! :D :D in a thread in General. I think its titled silly but fun. It didn't cap the letters and didn't make the faces. :( I guess I'll go click on the faces at least.

Uh, having smily faces in thread titles would be really annoying, honestly, and many assume profanity in "LMAO" anyway - a more descriptive title would be better.

Moesha
01-30-2009, 07:36 PM
I think she was saying that "LMAO :D:D" was what she attempted to post in the thread "Very Silly but fun :)". I just tried to make that same post in this thread and it decapitalized, if that is a word, the MAO and didn't post the smilies as smilies but as their keyboard characters.

Moesha
01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Lmao :d:d

Karen
01-30-2009, 07:41 PM
Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Karen
01-30-2009, 07:45 PM
I just tried, and both "all caps" and typing smilies manually worked fine in that thread ... try again?

Moesha
01-30-2009, 08:06 PM
It works if you type other words as well, but not if you just type capital letters or capital letters and the smilies.

shepgirl
01-30-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm not really typing anything but i was curious to see if the caps worked....seems they do for me.

shepgirl
01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Ooops, no they didn't work. My post was fine until i pushed send and it's in regular print now, same as this one will probably be...funny i never noticed this before.

Hellow
01-30-2009, 09:21 PM
They work fine for me, both the caps and smilies.

Taz_Zoee
01-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks for 'splaining that for me Moe. :D
Yeah, its random when it does and doesn't work for me. It doesn't happen very often so I guess I'll just learn to "deal". :)
Oh, and I went back to that thread and posted again and the caps worked. :confused:

Cinder & Smoke
01-31-2009, 12:02 PM
It works if you type other words [in lower case] as well,
but not if you just type [ALL] capital letters or capital letters and the smilies.

Example posts to follow ...

Cinder & Smoke
01-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Example ~ typed in all caps.

---------------------------------

Edited remark:
EVERY letter above the dashed line was originally in
ALL CAPS ...
Without some words in either mixed (Upper & lower case),
the BBS seems to change the ALL CAPS postings into "normal"
First word Capp'd and all others all lower case.

Cinder & Smoke
01-31-2009, 12:05 PM
Example #2:

Typed in a combo of Smome Caps, a FEW ALL CAPS,
and nothing too extreme.

;)

-------------------
THIS one turned out just as I typed it - including the
mischsphelling.
:p

shepgirl
01-31-2009, 01:18 PM
Now that was intresting - I never use all caps but I was curious.

Karen
01-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh - that's because "all caps" for one's whole post equals "shouting" in online forums, so is not allowed. We do let some folks, like Catmandu, who has eye trouble, keep things in all caps, but in most forums, you've got to "lower your voice" for at least part of your post, that's all!

Hellow
01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh - that's because "all caps" for one's whole post equals "shouting" in online forums, so is not allowed. We do let some folks, like Catmandu, who has eye trouble, keep things in all caps, but in most forums, you've got to "lower your voice" for at least part of your post, that's all!

All caps is generally considered shouting in nearly every online environment, and I hate all caps anywhere. Catmandu is one that I tolerate caps from, since, like Karen says, he has eye problems.

Cinder & Smoke
01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
... and I hate all caps anywhere.

OK ...
You "hate" ALL CAPS ...

so, explain your new Signature line.

:confused:

Hellow
01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
OK ...
You "hate" ALL CAPS ...

so, explain your new Signature line.

:confused:

I has a bigger signature than blue. Heh, its a little thing we are doing :).

Taz_Zoee
01-31-2009, 06:44 PM

Well, there's my answer!! :D When I was typing LMAO :D :D that was all I was typing. Not in a sentence like this. Ok, I feel better now. I know I am not losing my mind. :)
Thank you Karen and Phred.

Karen
01-31-2009, 06:44 PM
You're Welcome! :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-31-2009, 08:54 PM
I has a bigger signature than blue.
Heh, its a little thing we are doing :).

How cute.

When will it end?

Hellow
01-31-2009, 09:05 PM
How cute.

When will it end?

nevar

Miss Z
02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I too have this problem on occasion. Thanks for posting this and the clarification!

How cute.

When will it end?

My sentiment too. ;)

Randi
02-01-2009, 01:48 PM
nevar
First, I take it you mean "never" - my mistake if I got that wrong.

I think you've made your point, and shown just how immature you are. :rolleyes:

Do you realise that possible new members refrain from joining PT when they see "signatures" like yours - they probably think it's a childs only forum.

Hellow
02-01-2009, 03:10 PM
First, I take it you mean "never" - my mistake if I got that wrong.

I think you've made your point, and shown just how immature you are. :rolleyes:

Do you realise that possible new members refrain from joining PT when they see "signatures" like yours - they probably think it's a childs only forum.

If you seriously think my signature is obnoxious, you really ought to see some of the signatures that are on a few of the gaming forums I am a member of.

By the way, all of the people that I am around, be it online or off, agree that I am more mature than most kids my age.

(yes, I mean never)

Miss Z
02-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Cindy and others on this thread,

I apologise in advance for this post.

If you seriously think my signature is obnoxious, you really ought to see some of the signatures that are on a few of the gaming forums I am a member of.

By the way, all of the people that I am around, be it online or off, agree that I am more mature than most kids my age.

(yes, I mean never)

Oh, how time moves on and how little you change, Colin. :rolleyes: I was rather foolishly hoping that perhaps you'd matured and learnt respect during the time I've been away from PT.

What signatures are like on other forums is not the point - on Pet Talk the primary interest is pets, and we want to encourage like-minded people to join, not display childish games. Now you are welcome to have your own signature, I guess, but to contradict yourself as you did just makes you look an idiot, and then to reply as you have, well, I presume you see that the rest of us are not impressed with your attitude.

The people who say you are mature must be seeing a different Colin. Why is it so difficult for you to be mature here?

If you want to prove to the people here that you are indeed mature, show some respect by continuing this conversation with me via PMs, if you wish, as I do not desire to disrupt this thread any further.

jennielynn1970
02-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Ok...
here's some clarification on the BIG siggies. Just to give an insight into those not "in" on the joke between Reggie and Blue.

Reggie commented on how he *hates* big siggies. As well as using all caps all the time, and a bunch of other things. Blue agreed, but then to annoy Reggie, he put his siggie up first. OOOH... a 34 year old being funny!!! ;)

Reggie than decided to be funny, and make his bigger than Blue's. :eek:

It was all a goof on how some people here on PT AND on other forums have huge siggies (not just letters, so you might want to check out pics etc before pointing fingers). I know mine fits into that category. It's a big pic. But oh well, I liked the picture, and it's still smaller than many. :p

Anyway... that's the background. A younger member stating that he didn't like big siggies, and an older member joking around with him to just be funny. There's nothing wrong with being friendly and funny. It creates a feeling of camaraderie.

Horrible, isn't it??

jennielynn1970
02-01-2009, 05:45 PM
The people who say you are mature must be seeing a different Colin. Why is it so difficult for you to be mature here?

He was being silly, and you can be silly at any age. At least in the USA. Sorry if the UK frowns on silliness. :p

Karen
02-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Okay, enough about Collin's signature. That's not what the thread was about, and it will probably change soon anyway, as signatures tend to do.

I am glad the original question was answered about posting in all caps, so everyone now can understand.