PDA

View Full Version : Mary-Kate Olsen

moosmom
08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I've been reading about Mary-Kate Olsen being subpoened to testify in front of the grand jury on the death of Heath Ledger. So I thought I'd put the question out there and see who thinks what.

Authorities want to talk to her and she is refusing to cooperate. Now she's being subpoened. I'm wondering if she has a drug habit herself (she looks awfully thin to me). If I had nothing to hide, I'd sure answer any questions they had.

The saga continues.

Denyce
08-06-2008, 09:32 AM
It wasn't a herion overdose it was a various drug overdose which killed him, the two main ones being vicodan and oxycontin. They were both obtained illegally since he did not have a prescription for them. None of the drugs he had in his system were at a toxic level but the combination of so many is what did him in.

If she isn't hiding something why is she insisting on immunity from prosecution? :rolleyes:

sasvermont
08-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I suspect she may know the supplier. You can get these drugs on any street corner in the big cities.

We will probably never know the truth. I am not sure this case is any more important than all the other drug overdoses. People are "overdosed" in the hospital all the time.

These folks have tons of money and lots of people willing to buy things for them.

I think I read somewhere that Mary Kate Olsen was his girlfriend.......????:confused:

Karen
08-06-2008, 10:15 AM
A. As to her being his girlfriend, you can find every conceivable rumor if you look hard enough
B. She has always been very thin, and has been treated for eating disorders in the past
C. I don't doubt she's skittish about testifying about anything, as she lives life under a constant media glare and has since childhood ...

moosmom
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
If she isn't hiding something why is she insisting on immunity from prosecution?

EXACTLY!!!

I thought it was heroin. Sorry. But the combination of drugs he took is deadly.

shais_mom
08-06-2008, 11:33 AM
People are "overdosed" in the hospital all the time.

yup -
we almost lost my boss last week due to too much morphine - she was asleep and her body just stopped breathing.

I think she's hiding something - altho who knows what - someone that skinny how could they hide anything?! ;)
I forget which one was on drugs for awhile her or her sister - or maybe both.
Money will buy anything so I'm sure it will all go by the wayside soon.
I never heard anything about MK and Heath but like Karen said - if you dig enough you'll find something.

DJFyrewolf36
08-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Sigh...its so sad that celebrities have to be involved for people to pay attention to serious issues. Perscription drug abuse is a HUGE problem in the US and many teens die every day due to perscription drugs.

I'll be happy if this whole mess helps raise awareness.

pitc9
08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Maybe some of the pill bottles they found in his room had her name on them!

moosmom
08-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Perscription drug abuse is a HUGE problem in the US and many teens die every day due to perscription drugs

The latest deadly trend is pharm parties. Take any and all drugs outta the medicine cabinet throw them in a bowl and see what ya get. DEAD is my guess. Heath Ledger is a perfect example.

shepgirl
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I would think she is hiding something, although it could man she is just plain hiding from herself.

carole
08-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I think there is more to this than meets the eye, yep for sure it will come out eventually.

Daisy and Delilah
08-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Staci, not trying to hijack this thread but.......they gave me morphine during my last hospital visit. I almost lost my mind. I was hallucinating and doing things without even knowing about them. My doctor wanted to give me more because of the pain. :confused:

Catty1
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I think the simple truth is that she wants immunity from prosecution for possession of her OWN stash of illegal drugs. That info would come into questioning here - her own drug use.

We'll have to wait and see - but I bet that's it.

CouturePup
08-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Okay, I just need to say...her size has NOTHING to do with this.

moosmom
08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Couturepup,

I didn't mean to offend you. If I did, I apologize. But drugs CAN and DO have ways to make you lose weight. That's all I was thinking.

I agree with Carole. There's something more than meets the eye.

DJFyrewolf36
08-07-2008, 11:02 AM
The latest deadly trend is pharm parties. Take any and all drugs outta the medicine cabinet throw them in a bowl and see what ya get. DEAD is my guess. Heath Ledger is a perfect example.

Kids talked about this when I was in high school. Sadly I was a perscription drug abuser through high school and part of college. I did get help though, after being hospitalized for an overdose.

If you don't die you kill brain cells for sure. Pharmicutical companies don't know what things will react to what half the time, what makes every day people they can predict how pills react with each other.