PDA

View Full Version : I'm Baaaack!

davidpizzica
08-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Everything went smoothly at the hospital and the catheterization wasn't as bad as I thought! I was concious when they threaded the catheter, but it was painless. The best thing was that my heart is free of any blockage! I was really happy to hear this!
They did it in the monday morning and I got to rest a little before the extractions in the afternoon. Most of my top teeth are gone and until I get used to it, it'll be soft foods and liquids. Next I make an appointment with the oral surgeon to see how my gums are, and for a partial to be put in. I just got home about an hour ago.

Pam
08-05-2008, 03:57 PM
David this is good news! I am so glad that all went well and your "ticker" is A-OK! I hope that you don't have too much discomfort from your extractions. Just try to think past it to the winning smile you will have! ;) :cool:

Karen
08-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Hey, ice cream counts as a soft food, right? That's a good excuse as any! Glad there were no blockages in yer ticker, either!

lvpets2002
08-05-2008, 04:26 PM
:love: Well Good David.. I am so glad all went good.. Yes when I had dental surgery I created all diff kinds of Mashed Potatoes with multi diff flavors..:D

davidpizzica
08-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey, ice cream counts as a soft food, right? That's a good excuse as any! Glad there were no blockages in yer ticker, either!

Karen, ice cream is definitely in the ball park! As
a matter of fact, my brother is bringing some popcicles forme!

Medusa
08-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Atta boy, David! You came through like a champ! Soft foods for a while, then it'll be peanut brittle and steak. Your million dollar smile will be worth waiting for. Glad to hear that you're doing well. :)

moosmom
08-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh David that is wonderful news!!! I know your mouth must be hurting right now but the pain will subside soon.

((((((((HUGS))))))) sweetheart!!:love::love::love:

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
YAY!!!!! Great news, David!!! Keep on getting better and better. You've been through alot. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

davidpizzica
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh David that is wonderful news!!! I know your mouth must be hurting right now but the pain will subside soon.

((((((((HUGS))))))) sweetheart!!:love::love::love:

Yep, I still have some soreness amd it feels like the left side of my face is numb, but it's worth every stitch he put in! As a side note, Dr. Silver told told me at my stress test that I had a weak heart muscle. After the catheterization he said because I'm taking my meds for my heart even the heart muscle is coming back and getting stronger!! THAT IS REALLY GOOD NEWS!! Donna, you're the best [[[[HUGS]]]]!!

mamaducky
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
What fantastic news -- I'm SO glad that you are done with that "fun" and can concentrate on getting better.

You and yours remain in my prayers; I hope the soreness gets better VERY quickly!

carole
08-05-2008, 07:21 PM
so happy to hear everything went so well, way to go Bro, you are on the mend now, and soon will have that wonderful smile, i hope you are going to share it with us, stay well and hope you feel much better and brighter soon, thinking of you from across the ocean, take care, HUGS:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::lov e::love::love::

carole
08-05-2008, 07:22 PM
so happy to hear everything went so well, way to go Bro, you are on the mend now, and soon will have that wonderful smile, i hope you are going to share it with us, stay well and hope you feel much better and brighter soon, thinking of you from across the ocean, take care, HUGS:love::love::love::love::love:

RockyRoad
08-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Good to hear from you! I was wondering how everything went. Glad to hear that everything went well and that you`re doing great! I`ve never seen anyone so positive about extractions - we need more patients like you at my office! :D

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Great to hear everything went well.:)

DJFyrewolf36
08-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Glad to hear everything went smoothly! *HUGS and PURRS* :D

Randi
08-06-2008, 07:33 AM
David, I'm glad to hear it went well and your heart is free of blockage. :) Hopefully the muscle will get stonger!

I bet it's a stange feeling losing so many teeth, but you'll soon get your smile back. :D Some mash with a bit of meatloaf perhaps and ice cream for dessert sounds like what you need now. ;)

davidpizzica
08-06-2008, 08:17 AM
David, I'm glad to hear it went well and your heart is free of blockage. :) Hopefully the muscle will get stonger!

I bet it's a stange feeling losing so many teeth, but you'll soon get your smile back. :D Some mash with a bit of meatloaf perhaps and ice cream for dessert sounds like what you need now. ;)

Thank you, Randi. As long as I keep taking my heart medicines my heart will keep on pumping. I still have to watch myself and probably be on the blood thinning meds for the rest of my life. Randi, you're making me hungry now with that food! I'll be getting either a partial plate or dentures and then I can chew food again!!