PDA

View Full Version : Ive finally done it!

DJFyrewolf36
08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
After a long time of "thinking" about it (and not doing any actual research :o ) I have contacted a local pet therapy group about training Remus as a therapy cat. He is wonderful around people (especially small kids) and I think that he could make a great therapy cat.

I'll let you know more as I find out more. This is so exiting! I really do want to make a positive difference in the lives of others and I'm finally moving forward with it.

Wish me and Remus luck!

Emeraldgreen
08-05-2008, 01:32 PM
I think this is a great idea. Please keep us posted on how it goes. I have been thinking of taking my cat Sneakers to senior's homes to visit lonely older people and would love to hear about your first adventures. Wishing you the best!

Barbara
08-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Remus is one of my favorite kitties here and I think it is great that he is starting this career :)

moosmom
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
DJ

Mollie Rose is a therapy cat. We go to the convalescent home a couple times a week. People REQUEST Mollie Rose's presence. It is such a rewarding experience to see the expressions on patient's faces when they feel her fur. I get choked up when I go up to the ward where there are people with Dementia and Alzheimers. It's just a feelig that can't be expressed.

Good luck! You'll love it, I promise!

catmandu
08-05-2008, 07:21 PM
I HOPE THAT REMUS IS ACCEPTED AS HE HAS THE CAPACITY OF MAKING A LOT OF LONELY PEOPLE VERY HAPPY INDEED.
JOSEPH :cool:WOULD MAKE A GREAT THERAPY CAT, ONLY HE HATES TRAVELLING WITH A VENGEANCE.:mad:
MAYBE SCRAPPY 2 ?:love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
08-06-2008, 12:27 AM
This sounds like a wonderful thing to do and I hope that Remus will do well.:) Good luck.:)

Karen
08-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh, do keep us updated! There's just something about the presence of a pet that touches people who otherwise seem beyond reach.

When Aunt Bertha was in the nursing home and beginning to fail mentally, she told me a couple times when I visited that a cat had come in, and must have been hiding, but a little white cat had made her home there. It was all a hallucination, but it made her smile, so I didn't correct her.

DJFyrewolf36
08-06-2008, 01:59 AM
I'll keep you all updated! So far, no word yet via email but if I don't hear back by the weekend (I know people are busy lol) Im going to give the lady a call.
I should have mentioned in my email Remus is a good traveler too lol. He's the only kitty of my crew that doesn't yowl bloody murder when you stick him in a carrier. He usually just goes to sleep :rolleyes:.

Better than Spook who usually pees on herself...:p