PDA

View Full Version : New dog TV show coming to National Geographic in September

dreamparkingspace
08-04-2008, 10:44 PM
It's called something like, "Rehabilitating Mike Vick's Pitbulls." Seriously.

It takes place at that giant dog sanctuary in Utah called, "Dogtown."

My hypothesis is that will be one of the best shows on television :)

Grace
08-04-2008, 10:53 PM
This is a continuation of a series National Geographic did last winter. Here is the LINK. (http://news.bestfriends.org/index.cfm?page=news&mode=entry&entry=FD8B199B-BDB9-396E-9BB10C3F8662B727)

This new one will also be a 4 part series, focusing on the Vick dogs that are at Best Friends. If any of you are interested, here is a LINK (http://www.bestfriends.org/vickdogs/) to the stories of how these dogs have done since arriving in Utah. There are some really cool videos.

Grace
09-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Did anyone else watch the show last evening? We thought it was wonderful. The progress that has been made in those dogs in just 6 months is really amazing.

Beginning next Friday, at 10pm, they will be having a one hour show featuring several of the other dogs that have been at Best Friends.

Freckles
09-06-2008, 07:01 PM
I enjoyed the show. The courts previously decided that some of the dogs would never be released, but at least they'll be able to live easier at Dog Town.

lizbud
09-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Did anyone else watch the show last evening? We thought it was wonderful. The progress that has been made in those dogs in just 6 months is really amazing.

Beginning next Friday, at 10pm, they will be having a one hour show featuring several of the other dogs that have been at Best Friends.

I saw the Friday show & it was fascinating. The dog called Cherry broke my
heart.:( They think he was a "bait" dog before the police stepped in to shut
down that business. I was so happy with the changes the staff made with
this scared pup. Love & patience go a long way.

Freckles
09-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't think they mentioned it on the show, but Cherry's Cherry Eye was repaired!

lizbud
09-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I don't think they mentioned it on the show, but Cherry's Cherry Eye was repaired!

I was so elated at the change with this pup.:) To see how he was when
they found him & then after progress was made with regainng his spirit.He
looked and acted like a new dog.:)