PDA

View Full Version : Some pics of a few of the shelter dogs :)

luvofallhorses
08-04-2008, 09:57 PM
There's only a few of them that I took pictures of because my batteries died when I went to take more go figure! Anyways the first pup is Buzz - he's a
pit bull/redtick coonhound mix. He has the face of a pit bull and the coloring of a redtick. :) He's awesome and only 7 months old! He was tied up to a truck for 5 days without food or water. :mad: He's so awesome and such a love bug! The first two pictures are after I gave him a bath! He was gross. I have never seen so much dirt come off of one pup! :eek:

I am attaching the pictures because no photo uploader is working for me right now. So please do not reply until I am done posting. :) more pics in the next post..

luvofallhorses
08-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Here's a few more pics of Buzz.

Next is Tumbleweed he's a 3 year old border collie mix. He was adopted out 3 times. :( First the guy who adopted him passed away and the family didn't want him. then a family with kids adopted him, it didn't work out. then this older couple adopted him and brought him back because they couldn't keep him in the yard. :( We figure Tumbleweed is still looking for the guy that adopted him the first time that died. :(

Next is Quinn. She's an awesome shepherd/husky mix about 9 months old. I adore her!

Just one more post..

luvofallhorses
08-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Last but certainly not least, Clay. We got a call about these people just moved here on a ranch and he was literally eating the chickens. They starved him because he ate the chickens. :mad: So we said okay we'll take him.. come to find out they abandoned him behind McDonalds during the darkest hour of the night and left a note saying what breed he is, his name and that he's good with cats, dogs, and kids. :rolleyes: I guess they didn't have the guts to bring him to the shelter.. they should have because abandoning an animal is a crime!!

He's about 6 years old and a golden retriever mix. He's awesome! I guess they think the chickens are more important than Clay. I understand people make a profit for selling eggs to the neighbors and what not but I still think it's a shame. :(

oh well Clay is better off with us! They don't deserve him. How could anyone abandon him? One look into his eyes and my heart melted!

That's all. Enjoy! :love:

Giselle
08-05-2008, 01:43 AM
It's so difficult to gauge my emotions whenever I hear stories like this. I guess we've all become desensitized to them because we hear them ALL the time. This dog in a fighting scam, that dog abandoned due to foreclosure, this dog abandoned due to new baby, that dog starved due to negligence, this dog abused, that dog abandoned due to kids growing up and not caring anymore, this dog bought from a "quality breeder" and subsequently abandoned, that dog is too energetic, this dog has behavior problems, that dog is boring (HONESTLY, I've seen this one), this dog had a litter of puppies, etc. etc.

The list just goes on and on and it's frustrating. You just go through a whole torrent of emotions: anger, guilt, frustration, helplessness... And then, in some odd crack of your mind, you see these dogs and you see in their eyes the ability to effortlessly forgive. And you can see a pool of unfound love and loyalty. And it's just humbling.

Some days, you just can't take it anymore. But then you see these guys, and you know you just have to bear one more day for them. Viva shelter volunteers everywhere :)

chocolatepuppy
08-05-2008, 05:00 AM
They're all adorable Krista! Ok, I remember Tumbleweed.;) Hopefully they will all find great homes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, shelter workers/volunteers are angels.:)

4 Dog Mother
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
They are all cute and I hope they do find forever homes quickly. I think Tumbleweed is my favorite of the bunch - love those black and white dogs!

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2008, 12:25 PM
It's so difficult to gauge my emotions whenever I hear stories like this. I guess we've all become desensitized to them because we hear them ALL the time. This dog in a fighting scam, that dog abandoned due to foreclosure, this dog abandoned due to new baby, that dog starved due to negligence, this dog abused, that dog abandoned due to kids growing up and not caring anymore, this dog bought from a "quality breeder" and subsequently abandoned, that dog is too energetic, this dog has behavior problems, that dog is boring (HONESTLY, I've seen this one), this dog had a litter of puppies, etc. etc.

The list just goes on and on and it's frustrating. You just go through a whole torrent of emotions: anger, guilt, frustration, helplessness... And then, in some odd crack of your mind, you see these dogs and you see in their eyes the ability to effortlessly forgive. And you can see a pool of unfound love and loyalty. And it's just humbling.

Some days, you just can't take it anymore. But then you see these guys, and you know you just have to bear one more day for them. Viva shelter volunteers everywhere :)

This is absolutely brilliant!! How true. Very well written and so very thoughtful.

I am so sad to read these stories, Krista. It must be so hard for you to have to see this blatant cruelty and neglect every day. Innocent animals, unable to fend for themselves. I am in tears right now thinking of how great people like you are. God Bless You, Krista!!!
The pictures are great and the pups are just precious. I hope they get over what they've been through and learn to love again. :(