PDA

View Full Version : Too fat to execute? Give me a break....

kt_luvs_kitties
08-04-2008, 07:30 PM
http://www.embarqmail.com/news/news_reader.php?storyid=16269546&feedid=248

---------------

Quote:
All of the experts agree if the first drug doesn't work, the execution is going to be excruciating," Cooey's public defender, Kelly Culshaw Schneider, said Monday.

*Um, Bet it wont nearly as much as being raped and murdered:rolleyes:

All I have to say is I don't think executions for rape and murder should be painless. I hope it hurts like hell...

I have a solution, starve him for a few weeks before the execution... PROBLEM SOLVED, in every way;)

Karen
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Cn you say "guillotine?"

Pam
08-04-2008, 08:47 PM
How about we don't feed the creep until the October execution. He should be nice and thin by then. :mad:

Jessika
08-04-2008, 09:18 PM
He's going to die anyway, right? So give him a higher dose, duuuuuh!

critter crazy
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
If he is too fat to be lethally injected, then just shoot him, hang him, decapitate him or electrocute him! Problem solved!! After murdering two young women, he gets no sympathy from me! He needs to die, and if he has to go in an excruciatingly painful way, so what??? Who cares?? i am sure the parents of those two girls don't!!:mad:

sparks19
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
yeah unbelieveable that after the crime he committed he can honestly claim that it will hurt him too much. PUHLEASE.... obviously he didn't think about how much his actions hurt those little girls OR their family.

If this goes through I have officially lost all faith in justice and hope that no parent that chooses vigilante justice is punished because the justice system obviously doesn't work.

How exactly did he put on so much weight and become obese in prison? perhaps they should force him out of his cell to work out so that won't be an issue.

GO BACK TO PRISON FARMS. He wouldn't be too overweight then.

ETA: awwww... his migraine meds might interfere. Well... I guess it's time to stop giving him the meds and let him suffer his migraines.

sorry but you take the rights of another human being away (their LIFE) you don't deserve to have your rights intact IMO. You take a life from someone else you should forfeit your rights as you are NOT a human being.

Infuriating.

Grace
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Cn you say "guillotine?"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/March16th/guillo.gif

Was he too fat to rape and murder - I think not.

I'm sorry, but this painful execution excuse doesn't work for me. These people didn't stop to think about the victims - why should anyone worry about them?

molucass
08-05-2008, 01:38 AM
I agree he should be put to death.. Who cares if the first drugs effectiveness is lessened and he will feel more of the pain.. It should be excruitiating for him.. He raped and murdered 2 women and didn't care about the pain he put them through... Make him feel some pain.. If they can't use this method, electrocute him, or hang his fat @$$.. If he hangs, his weight won't be a problem.. It will be over with quicker.
I hope his claim is rejected.

4 Dog Mother
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
What I have to say as others did is how did he get so fat in prison? Do they get to eat as much as they want? And he doesn't do anything so he just gains weight? Something is wrong with this scenario. He rapes and kills two girls - he goes to prison where he eats all the time and obviously doesn't do anything to taxing to wear off the calories. And then we worry about the pain he might be under if the medicine doesn't work right with his other meds? So easy to fix - put him on a diet, an exercise program, give him some real work to do, stop the meds for his headaches long enough before the execution so they will no longer be a problem. (what difference if he has a few headaches before he dies).

Again, HE might feel pain? Not only did those girls feel a lot of physical pain as he raped and killed them but the unending pain he has brought to their families who not only have to live without these girls but the thoughts of how they died has to be terrible.

He certainly did not act humanely - why should he expect humane treatment!

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
I can never understand anyone being overweight in prison. Unless he's taking food from fellow inmates or working in the kitchen, it seems kinda hard to do.

I have to say that his claim is ridiculous and I can't believe he received any kind of recognition for saying this. If he can live in the USA(jail or not), do everything else like normal thin people, and, commit a crime like he did, he deserves to be put to death, just like anyone else. What is he thinking??

Take him off his migraine meds and up the dosage to equal his weight. I really think this whole thing was done to gain attention. It seems so stupid.:(

lizbud
08-05-2008, 01:11 PM
The link didn't open for me, but I read the article here....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-death-penalty-cooey,0,90159.story

This article says that another inmate's appeal for the same reasons was turned down & he was executed 2 years ago.

Towards the end of my chemo sessions, my arm veins gave out & they
had to use a vein in my leg. Believe me they will find a way to make it
work. He deserves no special treatment at all for his horrible crimes.

kt_luvs_kitties
08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Wanted to add, before and when me and hubby got married, he worked as a prison guard and well as the swat team.

He said they get 4 course meals 3 times a day. They can also buy as many snacks as they want once a day from the commensary (complete with jumbo burritos, bags of chips, candy and those tub soups.)

The minimum security get snacks for free.

AND he worked in a maximum security prison, in the maximum security unit...which means not only have these people murdered, they have been violent in other prisons. They were locked down 23 hours a day... And they still get all of these amenities.:rolleyes:

Jessika
08-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Wanted to add, before and when me and hubby got married, he worked as a prison guard and well as the swat team.

He said they get 4 course meals 3 times a day. They can also buy as many snacks as they want once a day from the commensary (complete with jumbo burritos, bags of chips, candy and those tub soups.)

The minimum security get snacks for free.

AND he worked in a maximum security prison, in the maximum security unit...which means not only have these people murdered, they have been violent in other prisons. They were locked down 23 hours a day... And they still get all of these amenities.:rolleyes:

Yup -- some inmates are treated better than most families on welfare. Free room and board, free food, plus you can even get a college degree in prison!!! Please don't think that I'm saying that some people can't change because I know in my heart people can and DO change, but I don't pity any inmates -- first off, for the reasons they ended up there, and secondly, they probably eat more food a day than I do, and MY tax dollars are paying for it.

Daisy and Delilah
08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
WOW!!! That's alot of food available. I figured they got three meals and that was it. I guess the family members could bring food in too.:confused:

sparks19
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again....

GO BACK TO FARM PRISONS.

Make these jerk off inmates WORK for their keep. Make them work and provide a service. I am so SICK of people saying it is cruel to make them work for less than minimum wage.

WORK... under the watchful eye or fully armed guards and at the first sign of disturbance you will be shot and killed... PERIOD.

Sorry... you kill someone in cold blood... you rape someone... you forfeit your rights... PERIOD.

kt_luvs_kitties
08-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Sparks I agree. Work, not get paid, and not have ANY amenities. Just the bare minimum.. roof, toilet, showers once every few days. 2 meals a day of the bare minimum.

NO beds, tv, ball courts, magazines, books, gym equipment....

Daisy and Delilah- Some prisons do allow it. At my hubbys they couldnt, because they were all violent criminals, with reoccuring assaults on other inmates and officers. But then again, it is a Max security prison, not medium or minimal,...

Alysser
08-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I may get flamed for this but oh well...I hardly agree with execution as it is, but for people to suggest hanging now come on. That is just plain wrong, IMO. Whether you like it or not he's a human being. A sick bastard? Yes but he's a human being. Hanging would make you no better then he is..and not to mention it just plain cruel. I am glad the lethal injection came along but to me execution isn't right.

He's still a sick bastard and being fat is no excuse. If you look at his picture in the article he doesn't look that bad. My other question is why is he so fat IN PRISION? Dont they make him work or limit how much food intake they get? :confused:

Eta-Nevermind just saw kt_luvs_cats post. I didn't know they could get snacks anytime they wanted. I think they should still need to work though.

davidpizzica
08-06-2008, 11:32 AM
The link didn't open for me, but I read the article here....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-death-penalty-cooey,0,90159.story

This article says that another inmate's appeal for the same reasons was turned down & he was executed 2 years ago.

Towards the end of my chemo sessions, my arm veins gave out & they
had to use a vein in my leg. Believe me they will find a way to make it
work. He deserves no special treatment at all for his horrible crimes.

lizbud, not being able to find a vein is no excuse. I'm about an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier. Throughout all my bloodwork, IVs and injections, they were always able to find a vein in me for a shot. No, this "man" should be injected for his crime.

lizbud
08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
lizbud, not being able to find a vein is no excuse. I'm about an inch taller and about 20 pounds heavier. Throughout all my bloodwork, IVs and injections, they were always able to find a vein in me for a shot. No, this "man" should be injected for his crime.

David p, If you re-read my post,you'll see I never said poor veins was
a excuse for anything.

RICHARD
08-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Oh,
Eff me to tears.

If this AH had a heart attack, suffered some kind of disease or tried to kill himself they would try to keep this tub of shiat alive.

Go figure!

-------

Has anyone ever seen where they give a newborn baby an I.V.? You can always find a vein, If not, use a knife.

------------------------

From what I heard he dismembered two women after he killed them.

They didn't feel a thing.:rolleyes::eek::mad:

sparks19
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
yep... put the needle into a vein in his head. Surely his head isn't too fat to find a vein anywhere.

lizbud
09-03-2008, 10:05 AM
He lost his plea for clemency. Time to face the music fella.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/wireStory?id=5707609

Catty1
09-27-2008, 07:44 PM
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jz46U1l-QIYSkAMWJw1YsjNyfp3gD93868C00

Ohio killer: Weight gain isn't to avoid execution

By THOMAS J. SHEERAN – Sep 16, 2008

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (AP) — A double murderer scheduled to be executed next month in Ohio said Tuesday he has not deliberately gained weight to rule out his death by lethal injection.

Instead, Richard Cooey said in a death row interview that his execution cannot be carried out humanely under current state procedures because his veins are hard to reach.

"Vein access was an issue even when I was back in the service," Cooey, 41, said in an hour-long interview with the Associated Press at the Ohio State Penitentiary.

Cooey, 5-foot, 7 inches tall and 267 pounds, said he has gained perhaps 70 pounds while being locked up for raping and killing two University of Akron students 22 years ago while he was on leave from the U.S. Army. He blamed the weight gain on medication and lack of exercise.

"It's hard getting access to my veins," said Cooey, who was handcuffed and locked in a closet-sized visiting room. He spoke through a straw-sized slit in a reinforced glass partition.

Cooey said he has heard secondhand about comedians' jokes about the Ohio inmate who claims he's too fat to be executed.

But he says that ridicule reflects ignorance of his underlying claim that it's the inaccessibility of his veins that makes it difficult to get an IV inserted for a lethal injection.

The legal challenge is based on constitutional issues and not fear of execution, Cooey said. "It has nothing to do with weight gain," he said.

Instead of lethal injection, "If it would make people happy, shoot me in the head with a .45," Cooey said. "Do it legally."

Cooey and a co-defendant kidnapped Wendy Offredo, 21, and Dawn McCreery, 20, after disabling their car by dropping a chunk of concrete on it from a highway overpass. They choked and beat the women to death after repeatedly raping them, then carved X's in their abdomens.

Cooey deflected questions about remorse and said his past comments about the victims and their families had been misunderstood. "I can't come out good," he said.

Cooey wouldn't say if he would have something to say in the death chamber. He indicated there might be a new legal challenge to his execution, but he wouldn't detail any strategy because he didn't want to tip off prosecutors.

He reiterated claims he's made previously that he participated in crimes leading up to the slayings but denied beating the students to death. Summit County Prosecutor Sherri Bevan Walsh said his latest claims didn't merit further investigation.

Cooey, who would not discuss his prison life or his family, has been on death row since 1986.

lizbud
10-14-2008, 12:02 PM
The execution was carried out this morning & he was ranting untill the end.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-death-penalty-ohio,0,1679176.story

lvpets2002
10-14-2008, 12:55 PM
:mad: All I have to say is May This Sorry AHMF Rotttt in HELL..

phesina
10-14-2008, 04:58 PM
They had no trouble finding a vein, either.

Marigold2
10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Finally justice was served and the families can have some closure and perhaps peace.
There was an article in the Plain Dealer Sunday about this.
I remember when this happened. It still brings chills and tears to my eyes.
Those poor girls suffered for more then three hours. I actually begin to shake when I think about their pain.
Just because one is born a human does not give a person the right to kill and be forgiven. We are all born human, it is how we behave that makes us devine and deserving of forgivness.
I want these monsters dead and rotting, I certainly don't want my tax dollars going to feed that lard butt killer.
:mad: All I have to say is May This Sorry AHMF Rotttt in HELL..

sparks19
10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
have fun in H#ll you jerk off.... I hope you rott there. perhaps you will finally know that torture you thrust upon the innocent.

I hope they laughed in his face when he was ranting

blue
10-14-2008, 11:10 PM
He got off easy.