PDA

View Full Version : Caring for a Chronic or Terminal Ill Person

Freedom
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
I learned about thsi site yesterday, don't have all the ins and out down yet. Seems like such a great resource, that I wanted to share.

For someone who is caring for a chronically ill (MS for example) or terminally ill person (cancer, etc), rather than telling the friends and family the same thing in multiple phone calls, you can set up a journal they can look at. And they can post tributes and support, which you may need at 2 AM and not be able to phone them for a shoulder.

http://www.caringbridge.org/

You tell family, friends about it, email them the link to YOUR part of the site (I had to hunt for the "home" page listed above). There is a section for "MY STORY," another for photos, guest book, journal, tributes, etc. If they set up their email addy, they get a notice when you have posted something. So they can stay up to date.

My cousin's husband has throat / larynx cancer, 3rd time, it is now inoperable, he is 53. She just set up a section for him and sent me the info, which is how I learned of this.

Hope someone finds it helpful; wish NO ONE ever needed it.

Grace
08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Wonderful site!! We had friends who used it over the course of a year. It worked out so well. We could all check in there to see how things were going.