PDA

View Full Version : Turning over a new leaf...

moosmom
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm tired of being outta shape, huffing and puffing after climbing 3 flights of stairs. So today, my darling daughter who has lost over 40 lbs on Weight Watchers, has offered to help me get started and stay on track.

She gave me all the materials from her Weight Watchers so I can read the labels and keep track of my points. I'm so determined to get this weight off and feel better.

I've been under alot of stress lately and have also decided to talk to my manager about taking me off Customer Service and put me on as a cashier. Not sure how well she'll take it.

We went grocery shopping, reading labels, buying fresh veggies and fruit along with Weight Watchers meals, yogurt, etc.

We then went to Gold's Gym, which is right up the street from where I live (I can walk there and back) and signed up. As of tomorrow I'm on a strict regimen to get my weight down and help me feel better.

My nurse practitioner who monitors my depression meds told me my cholesterol was 282 (last time I had it tested it was over 300). My B/P is 120/70. I take Glucosimine Condroitin as well as Fish Oil and Calcium with Vitamin D.

Wish me luck guys!! Oh yeah and guess what?? I've been wanting to kayak since the spring but couldn't find a cheap one. We went to Ocean State Job Lots and I found and inflatable kayak for $50!!!!! I've got a little money saved and hope to have one in the next couple weeks and will be out on Bolton Lake paddling my little arse off!!!

Casper
08-03-2008, 07:52 PM
It is great that you have decided to do this, it will definitely pay off. Its wonderful you have your daughter to help, too... things will be a lot easier than if you would have gone about doing it alone.

You can just ask my mum, exercising can get a bit addicting once you get into the swing of things. She started exercising about a month ago, and now claims that she can't go a night without walking a few miles or else she feels sluggish.

Good luck, we're all rooting for you! :)

catnapper
08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Yay Donna!! You can call me anytime to talk about food and dieting. I've hit a plateau and even gained (gasp!!!) some weight back this past month (daily doses of ice cream might have something to do with it)

I could use a diet buddy myself. You know the number :)

RockyRoad
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Funny - I just decided tonight that I too am sick of being out of shape and need to do something! I`m going grocery shopping in a few days to get lots of healthy foods. It`s great that your daughter`s helping you out, too. That`s a great idea about kayaking - it`s actually enjoyable but it`s still exercise! (Exercising is always my least favorite part in diets :rolleyes: ) Hope all goes well, good luck! :)

moosmom
08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm looking forward to the gym. Years ago when I was unemployed, I had a great regimen. I went to the YMCA 4 days a week, did aerobics, stairmaster, rowing machine and treadmill.

After all of that, I'd head to the "Y" pool and did laps with a kickboard. I just let my mind wander while I kicked away, going back and forth. Then I went into the jacuzzi. It was an awesome.

I'm going to check the high school and see what their pool schedule is. I LOVE to swim. Hey, I'm an Aquarian, what can I tell ya??

kitten645
08-03-2008, 09:51 PM
You know, I lost alot of weight a few years ago. When people ask me how I did it I just say "I got sick and tired of being sick and tired!" It really is the only way to loose it and keep it off! I think the loosing weight for an event or other types of short term motivations just aren't the solution :rolleyes:
I started a new job a year ago in a GROCERY store. Try smelling all that prepared food all day and not gaining weight just by SMELL! :rolleyes: The good news is that it's a gourmet grocer and carry the BEST produce and meats/fish..all 100% organic. There's also a cooking school attached to my department so I can make myself fresh meals in a deluxe kitchen. I'm back on the all natural diet (after "testing" all the lovely baked goods for a year!)
Best of luck to you. I know you can do it! Think seasonal and natural!
Claudia

Taz_Zoee
08-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Good for you Donna! I have been telling myself I need to do that for over a year now. I had a gym membership and didn't use it for two years so I finally cancelled it. I have no motivation. It's great that your daughter is helping you. When I lived at home I had friends I'd go to the gym with and I was skinny back then. Now I have nobody that lives close to me to go with.
So I do wish you luck, and I think you will succeed with no problems. :)

cyber-sibes
08-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah Donna! Stick with it & you;ll be amazed how easily the weight comes off. I lost 40 lbs. on WW too. It's actually more of a challenge now to maintain than it was to lose.
You'll feel soooo much better!

carole
08-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Good luck Donna and good on you for making this choice,maybe you will inspire me and kickstart me back on track, i have a bad habit of gaining over winter, i did manage to maintain my weight for three years within a pound or two,but this winter i have gained about eight pounds, i am disgusted in myself, i had been trying to loose weight not gain it, i used my treadmill daily five times a week for over a year and half, and then i got sick one thing after another as you do, and i stopped, now i just cannot seem to get back into it, mind you i am having terrible troubles with sore feet and ankles right now, so that does not help.

Sometimes i get very down about it all,as i figure no matter how much i loose i will continue in this awful yo -yo pattern and regain it all again.

So you go girl and inspire me PLEASE!!! :):)

moosmom
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
My daughter is a piece of work. She WAKES ME UP at 8:30 am and asks me how I'm doing. I was very grumpy and said "I'm sleeping. Answer your questions????" and hung up. She called me on her lunch break and apologized. I said sorry as well (I'm not a morning person). I then told her I had a cup of coffee, a WW bagel with a tsp of low fat peanut butter and a cup of light yogurt. I gotta tell ya, I'm full. Don't feel like eating lunch yet. But will do so before I have to be in work.

I promised myself I'd try kayaking this summer but the price of a kayak is expensive. I went to Ocean State Job Lots and found an inflatable one for $50!!!! I was jumping for joy!! I'm going back next week when I get my paycheck. I've got $22 saved so far. I can't wait!!! I've wanted to kayak on Bolton Lake for a long time. Bolton Lake is MY favorite childhood spot.

moosmom
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I love this diet!!! I started swimming at the local middle school at night from 8-9 pm. I did laps freestyle, with a kickboard. The water was wonderful!! I never realized how much I missed swimming. My brother and I were on the swim team as kids and were very good at it. I was worried about my right knee bothering me. But the resistance of the water actually made it feel good. I came home and had an Edie's Ice Pop and a couple of sweet pickles (I LOVE sweet gherkins and eat them when I want something sweet).

I weigh in on Sunday (at my daughter/coaches place) and will let you know how I did my first week.

Medusa
08-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Atta girl, Donna! I'm rootin' for ya! Too bad you don't live closer. We could be workout buddies, although I don't swim. I envy people who can just jump into the pool w/abandon. My mother was a lettered swimmer in high school but never taught me how to swim. I was always scared to death. It looks like so much fun and what great exercise. I'm proud of ya, girl. :)

moosmom
08-07-2008, 08:57 PM
I had to put the cabash on the kayak. It's an inflatable one and needs a pump. Plus if it springs a leak I'm outta luck. I'd rather have a fiberglass one, and they are expensive. That's okay. Swimming is great, I love it!! I went out and bought a pair of swimming goggles and what a difference!!! Can't wait to see how much I've lost.

Lori Jordan
08-08-2008, 08:57 AM
That is great Donna!!
My sister in law has battled with her weight since she has had children,Last November she too joined weight watchers and has lost 55 pounds so far.

She has tried everything,And she swears on Weight Watchers.

moosmom
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I swear by it too. It teaches you how to eat the proper foods and proportions. I'm allowed 22 points per day and haven't reached it yet, that's how full I get. My daughter nags me about how I NEED to eat. But how can I eat when I'm not hungry.

carole
08-10-2008, 05:02 PM
Way to go Donna, you have inspired me, and i now have been doing WW for over three days now, i have to do it alone at home though, so i will be needing your support, i have gained 4kgs over winter, and it all went on my already expanding waistline, did i say waistline hmm i don't really have a waist these days, lol, also the fright i got when i realised i had gained 3 inches on an already too big a waistline, freaked me out totally.

I just bought the pecan Toffee sundae for my treat from WW, it is delicious,i am really going to limit my treats though, and if that means going without even a little chocolate, then so be it, i even went back on the treadmill today, which was really hard as i have been in a lot of pain in my upper back and neck lately and arms,but i am determined, to loose this gain and then some, summer will be here down under soon, and i hate being overweight then, i cannot hide it under my hoodies.

So thank you Donna, i needed this kick in the butt, and keep at it, WW is the best programme ever, i swear by it, and would never even contemplate any other weight loss programme .

So my friend here's to success.:love::love::D:);)

moosmom
08-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Carole,

My pleasure girlfriend. I weighed in when I got home from the beach (we walked around the Mystic Craft Fair for 5 hours!!). I lost a stinking 1.8 lbs. Oh well. It' SOMETHING. There's always next week. Must've been the 2 slices of Mystic Pizza I had for lunch.

I'm glad I can be such an inspiration!!:love:

carole
08-10-2008, 10:45 PM
For us old girls Donna 1.8 pound is indeed a good weight loss, don't knock it, that is 1.8 pounds less you are carrying around, be proud, you have done well, just keep at it, slow it maybe, but far better chance of keeping it off,not that i would know he he.,yo-yo'd all my life since having the kids.:(

cyber-sibes
08-11-2008, 09:07 AM
I lost a stinking 1.8 lbs. Oh well. It' SOMETHING. There's always next week.Way to go, Donna! Hey, 1.8 lbs. is a good average weight to lose each week. That's what I averaged over time when I lost 40 lbs. last year in WW. So keep going, the loses add up quickly!

columbine
08-11-2008, 11:19 PM
I've been climbing the stairs at work (6th floor) since November. It's still not easy, but I can do it. I don't have a scale and don't feel like I'm a different shape, but I'm stronger. That's the big thing. I don't get so worn out doing things that shouldn't wear me out. I don't get winded on dance night or feel like a train wreck after hauling a bag of cat litter home. And when I get a cold, it doesn't wipe me out the way it used to (and I'm getting fewer of them). I don't crave sweets or greasy junk as much, and my outlook has improved. Strength = energy, and I'll take all the energy I can get!

A lot of it probably has to do that I'm taking a thyroid supplement now, and birth control pills and extra iron to keep me from getting anemic (so I can actually hang onto all that oxygen I'm breathing). But I really do think some of it is due to having a bit more physical strength and better wind.

Smudge, however, thinks I should up my intake of fish. ;)

Love, Columbine

Catty1
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Donna - when I was in WW several decades ago, and someone said they lost "only" two pounds, the Lecturer (do they still call them that?) told us to imagine two bricks of Crisco or lard, right out of the box, stacked on top of each other.

Makes it a bit more real!

Keep on going, look ahead!

moosmom
08-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Candace,

It is an accomplishment. I went to the gym today for the first tim (okay so it took me a week to get up the nerve.) Now I'm really into it. I LOVE the treadmill. I also tried those other machines that build up the strength in your arms, and biceps. THAT was a little more difficult. Didn't do too many, but the instructor said to listen to my body. If I'm tired, then stop. My hands are shaking from the exercise, but the more I do, the better I'll get at it. They also said they're going to start aerobics classes soon. I love aerobics. I'm really starting to get into this.

carole
08-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Donna you are amazing, keep at it, i don't know if you consider yourself to have a food addiction or not, as I do, but they say you often replace one addiction for another, and i think if it is the Gym and exercise that becomes that new addiction, well so be it, that it the best addiction one can have, it sounds like to me you are really becoming hooked on it, way to go girl,you can only benefit from it, awesome.:)

Alysser
08-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm no dieting expert, but I've lost around 15 lbs since January, and I'm 15. My mom said it's MUCH easier to loose weight when you're younger and I'm at the perfect age. I've only lost 15 pounds in 7 months, so don't feel bad about loosing 1.8 pounds in a week. :p I think that's a pretty good start, and you're right it's definitely something! Congratulations, and I'm rooting for you all the way!! Swimming IS the best excerise, since you're using all your muscles to swim. Keep it up!

moosmom
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I weighed in last night at my daughter's after work. I lost another 3.2 pounds!!!! That's after week 2. So the swimming and gym are paying off. Woohoo!!!

carole
08-18-2008, 04:24 PM
WELL DONE girl, you go girl, thanks to your inspiration i have done well this week , i lost 2kgs about four and half pounds, i am really getting into it again, and hope to continue to loose my gain and then some.

Thanks Donna and keep at it, we shall be success stories together, across the ocean lol. HUGS:love::);)

Medusa
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Atta girl, Donna! (And you, too, Carole.) :D

Laura's Babies
08-18-2008, 06:18 PM
When I started I was 170 pounds, my goal was 130 and I hit that several month ago so I increased my food intake allowing things I wouldn't eat before but I am STILL loosing. Today I hit 125.. How do I STOP loosing? LOL!

Once you get use to it, it becomes such a way of life that you think nothing of it and you can't eat near the amount of food you use to, takes a whole lot less to fill you up.

WARNING tho, us older gals need to watch how much we loose.. the wrinkles are so much more pronounced that I don't dare wear short sleeve blouses anymore. I could cry when I see my arms and legs now... OH! THE WRINKLES! :eek:

carole
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM
yep there is always a down side for us older girls, it is the face i am more concerned about, if i actually ever get to my goal that is, i shudder to think, i am quite fond of my round face and the lines are not too bad yet, but if i loose the weight hmm, gives you food for thought, i think doing it slowly helps somewhat, and often it takes a bit of time for the skin to plump up again, if that is possible in my age group,

Yep you cannot win, people talk and say someone is too fat, then when they loose it they say they look haggard, oh well better to be a healthy weight IMO.

Keep at it girls and Laura's Babies, be proud of your success, you have done marvellous, don't be too hard on your self, at least you are now at a weight that is considered healthy and that can only be all good.:love::love::)

Karen
08-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Donna, keep your eye out. If there are any kayak rental spots near you, they usually have great season-ending sales near or after Labor Day, as they don't want to pay to store them all over the winter. And you might as well post a "wanted" on Freecycle - you never know, someone may have one hanging around that could use some use!

I am glad you are enjoying the treadmill. Personally, I find them evil beasties that are designed to throw me off of them - seriously! With my "balance issues" I find the stationary bike is best, I can hang on much better.

moosmom
08-19-2008, 07:12 AM
Thanks everyone and great job Carole!! I was a bad girl last night, though. I went to DQ and got a small Heath Bar Blizzard. It was WONDERFUL and curbed my craving. The sweet pickles just weren't going to do it for me.

I had my Dad's treadmill years ago and used is faithfully (everyday for one hour in front of the tv watching Judge Judy). Unfortunately, it soon became nothing more than a clothes closet.

Karen,

That's not a bad idea. Bolton Lake is the perfect place to kayak. I'm going to look on Craiglist and also advertise in our local Reminder to see if there's anyone out there that needs to give up their kayak. I'll gladly take it off their hands.

sirrahbed
08-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Hey Donna good job! I also am a WW fan - was lifetime back 25+ years ago and gained back, but returned to WW 2 1/2 years ago and the weight is all off again plus a few extra off. Maintaining is what I am working at now. I had hopes of trying to get 100# off but think that would be too hard to maintain. You GO girl!!! I did a WW thread awhile back and may look for it - also cybersibes did one with pictures - again fun to see.

At one point, I actually had to add on some good foods to get the loss going again - weird eh? Drink the water!! That is what I am so bad about. I don't go to meetings now but I do log everything I eat at dailyplate.com ...daughter sirrahsim logs at sparkpeople.com It is pretty much a habit now but I know I am always at risk and this really is a lifetime thing I know I need to stick with. Exercise is my other big problem - I hate to sweat and am an indoor person - but riding my bike in the neighborhood os what I am most likely to do so I try. Guess I should get offline and do it, right?;) I will!!
See the success of others is wonderful!!:D

Sirrahsim
08-19-2008, 09:25 AM
It sounds like you're doing great! Like my Mom said, my husband and I both use sparkpeople.com. It is absolutely free and makes it very easy to keep track of how many calories you are consuming.
I am losing 1-2 lbs EVERY week and have already dropped a pant size in just a few weeks. We went out last night and my husband bought me a cute little dress and skirt to celebrate the loss.
You can do it and it will pay off in a huge way!

Listen to your daughter about eating though! My husband was keeping his calorie count down around or below 1500 calories. His nutritionist told him to get in at least 2,000 calories a day (he is 5'10", 215) and he finds that he is more energetic and loses MORE when he eats right around 2,000 a day.

moosmom
08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the advice, Missy. I've been trying to eat more. I know I have the extra points, so I'm not to worried if I grab a bag of sun chips or sweet pickles.:p

Catty1
08-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Actually - I had heard years ago that DILL pickles (sour) killed a sweet craving. They do! (or did - not much of a problem anymore).

I got given a great exercise bike...the lumbar kind where your legs are a little higher than your butt, and your butt doesn't hurt because it isn't taking all the weight! 1/2 hr at a time and catch up on my reading!:D

carole
08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
How is it going Donna? hopefully you are going great guns, i fell off the wagon a bit in the weekend, with having so much birthday party food around, especially my addiction Chocolate, it was a bit hard to resist, i am not that strong yet, however glad to report, i remained the same,so this week i am going to go hard out and loose some more,besides i am thinking of trying to give up chocolate all together, not sure i can do it, as i love the stuff, but my tummy does not take kindly to it at all, especially an over indulgence of it,i never learn lol.

After watching the games, i would love to kayak or row, but i know it is not possible with my problems, but one can dream, you go girl, keep at it and they always say if you have one bad day,then just get back on track the next and you will be fine, and it is true,thinking of you and here's to more weight loss success for us both, cheers.:love::love:

moosmom
08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
I forgot to weigh in yesterday. I fell off the wagon as well. I ate not one but TWO milky way bars. I am so ashamed.

carole
08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Donna i won't even tell you how many mallowpuffs i ate, i did not even enjoy the jolly things really, and felt very sick afterwards,still i am going good now,back on track, don't be too hard on yourself, just pick up where you left and keep going, milky way bars are not that bad compared to some chocolate bars, so you made a better choice,YOU CAN DO IT, so can I, and we will eh?:love::):D;)

moosmom
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
I weighed in today at Amy's. I'm down 7 lbs!!!

carole
08-31-2008, 06:31 PM
FANTASTIC Donna, don't you feel so much better that is half a stone, weigh to go girl,I stablised, i have been a tad nawtee, not too bad, but not good enough to loose, but gonna try much harder this week.

moosmom
08-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Carole,

They say it's best to give in to a craving otherwise you'll binge eat. How're ya doing so far??

carole
08-31-2008, 06:35 PM
lacking a bit of motivation i think, been a bit stressed out, and i always turn to my drug, food, but i have not been eating bad stuff, just eating too much healthy food, i have to stick to 20 points otherwise at my age, i just don't loose anything, so will try real hard this week, spring is here, and i am panicking, i want my gain off , and more before the heat sets in.

I have a lovely W.W chocolate sundae as my treat in the freezer, cannot wait to get my hands on it, he he,so yummy.

I think not exercising is really my biggest downfall, i was so committed, for a year and half i used the treadmill five days a week and did weights, but i have been in so much pain with my fibro constantly i just cannot even attempt to exercise,it might sound like an excuse but honestly it is really hard to even think about feeling as i do right now.

Onwards and downwards eh? i am very proud of your efforts Donna, i hope i can do some bragging soon too.:):D:love:

Medusa
08-31-2008, 06:40 PM
I weighed in today at Amy's. I'm down 7 lbs!!!

Atta girl, Donna! Give yourself a pat on the back for me. :p

Medusa
08-31-2008, 06:43 PM
I think not exercising is really my biggest downfall, i was so committed, for a year and half i used the treadmill five days a week and did weights, but i have been in so much pain with my fibro constantly i just cannot even attempt to exercise,it might sound like an excuse but honestly it is really hard to even think about feeling as i do right now.[

You're not making excuses, at least not in my estimation. I've had fibro for 8 years coupled w/neuropathy and I know exactly what you mean. I will say, though, that exercise is the only thing that helps. It's when I'm still for too long that the pain gets worse. I can go out dancing and feel great. As soon as I sit down and settle in, I'm in trouble. So keep exercising, girl. You and Donna are both encouraging to me.

carole
08-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Mary i know what you say is probably right, but i am in a bad flare up right now, worst ever, and it won't ease off, i think i will wait till i feel a bit better, I have had the dreaded fibro for over twelve years now, and it is getting much worse,i guess getting older other things set in,like the arthritis, however i hear what you are saying, i will try something gentle for a start.

Medusa
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Mary i know what you say is probably right, but i am in a bad flare up right now, worst ever, and it won't ease off, i think i will wait till i feel a bit better, I have had the dreaded fibro for over twelve years now, and it is getting much worse,i guess getting older other things set in,like the arthritis, however i hear what you are saying, i will try something gentle for a start.

Yes, gentle is the word. Even if I'm at my computer too long, I feel as though I'm rusting. You'll be ok, Carole. Keep your eyes on the prize and keep checking Donna's thread for support.

moosmom
08-31-2008, 07:17 PM
I've been going to the gym 3 times a week and swimming 3 times a week as well. The swimming is so relaxing. My daughter's jaw dropped when she looked at the scale. Of course there I was standing butt nekkid in her kitchen on the scale. :D:p

Carole,

I eat sweet gherkin pickles when I get a sweet craving. They are no points and kill the craving. Come on girl, you can do it!! I wish I lived closer. We could go walking.

carole
08-31-2008, 08:50 PM
yes that would be good, oh well we can walk and think of each other pounding the footpaths and loosing the inches lol, sorry i hate pickles, don't worry i can find plenty things to ease my sweet tooth cravings,too many things that is the problem lol, i will keep trying, that is one thing you can say about me i never give up trying, succeeding well, that comes and goes,but still it is success of a kind eh? not everyone can successfully loose weight eh?

You are amazing Donna, keep up the great work.:)

K9karen
08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
You're not making excuses, at least not in my estimation. I've had fibro for 8 years coupled w/neuropathy and I know exactly what you mean. I will say, though, that exercise is the only thing that helps. It's when I'm still for too long that the pain gets worse. I can go out dancing and feel great. As soon as I sit down and settle in, I'm in trouble. So keep exercising, girl. You and Donna are both encouraging to me.

I feel your pain, girls. I've had fibro for over 25 years. I know for sure the season changes set off huge flairups. I renewed my gym membership and go 3-4 times a week for 2 hours. I make that time for myself, regardless. I feel some soft tissue soreness and I'm not sure whether it's the beginning of a flareup or I'm sore from excercising, which is rare for me. Excercising was always recommended, but then I think -how can I excercise when I'm in agony?

BTW, I take an antiinflammatory called Mobid to help my hips before surgery (no set date) and it helps alot. Maybe you can look into that.

People who don't have fibro can never understand.

Keep up the good work, Donna!

carole
08-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Amen to that Karen, you inspire me both of you, if you guys can do it so can I, the exercise i mean,now if i can just tell my body that lol.

Keep us updated on your progress Donna,it helps to keep us dragging behind inspired .:)

moosmom
09-01-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm sitting here with 3 pairs of eyes glued to my cereal bowl. Buddy and Ari are sharing the left over fat free milk.

You guys are the best and a real inspiration to me on my quest for a Heidi Klum body.

I was up at 6:45 am and at the gym at 7. I worked out till 8:45 and went across the street to Dunkin Donuts and treated myself to a Carmel Ice Latte with fat free milk. Boy did that hit the spot!! I had a bowl of honey nut
Cheerios with bananas. I'm stuffed!!!!

I only wish the pool was open today. Believe it or not, this is actually fun.

carole
09-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Donna our university up the road from me has a gym with an endless pool, i would love to give that a go, as long as it is private, as i won't wear a bathing suit in public.

I am struggling a bit really with it all, not moving anywhere fast, but i am back to eating healthy and that is a good thing, no more crap for me, well maybe the odd treat of course but that is it, i guess i just consume too much even good food for my output, which is practically zero at the moment, lol.

You are going great guns, and i wish you all the best, and I am NOT giving up and still trying.

moosmom
09-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Carole,

Don't give up. It took me a long time to get motivated. Now that I'm seeing results, I won't stop till I hit my goal. I know I'll hit plateaus. I'm 55 and they say the older you are the harder it is to take it off. I was actually shocked when I weighed in yesterday because of the Milky Ways I ate.

I'd LOVE to see what New Zealand is like. I hear it's spectacular. My friend Michael's wife Carolyn is from NZ and is drop dead gorgeous!!! 6 feet tall and the body and looks of supermodel. I love her accent and I adore them both.

Medusa
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I have a couple of friends who went to NZ and they say it's breathtakingly beautiful and that they treat you like royalty when you visit. I want to see it after I see London. (When that will be I have no idea. As soon as my Fur Posse get jobs, I guess.)

carole
09-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Well bit off topic, but thanks for the lovely comments about NZ, when you live here i guess you don't really appreciate it the way you should, but yes it is a little piece of paradise in it's own way, however there are many beautiful places in the world that would be a good match i think.

Ah Donna so you love the kiwi accent eh? i am not typical as i have had the scottish influence all my life, but it is quite different to the Aussie one,although some aussies do sound like us to.,believe me Donna most NZers are not drop dead gorgeous like your friend's wife,we have our beauties like anyone else, he he.

Anyhow back to topic, oh don't worry i will NEVER EVER give up.:)

moosmom
10-14-2008, 10:24 AM
I weighed in this morning. I've hit my goal of getting down below 160 and so far, I'm down to 159.4. I've got another 4 lbs to go till I'm down 20 lbs!!!!

And I was a bad girl last night...I had half of a Three Musketeers:eek::p

WOOHOO!!!!:D

Medusa
10-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Keep up the good work, Donna. Whatever poundage you lost, I think I found it. :rolleyes:

carole
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Awesome Donna, i know very well how hard it is to loose as you get older, so your achievement is wonderful, keep at it, you are going great guns,now you had better give me a kick in the butt to get started lol, so happy for you.:) do tell me what on earth is three musketeers, my mind boggles. lol