PDA

View Full Version : Our wedding anniversary today....

carole
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Well hubby and i have been together 17 years today, my how time flys eh?

It certainly isn't the beautiful day here like it was on our wedding day, been raining and windy for three weeks now down under, we have had three storms ,not very nice, we originally were going to get married on a saturday like a lot of folks do down here, but my adopted aunty was in australia and i wanted her to be here for it, she is the only aunty i know really, so we changed it to sunday, what a good move that was. it poured on the saturday and was a beautiful warm and sunny winters day, how lucky was that.

Hubby and I went out to one of our new hotels opened here and had a scrumptious breakfast,was lovely, as today is a monday and work day for hubby.

Well just wanted to share, we have had our ups and downs like anyone, but i hope to share many more anniversary's with my Steve.:love:

Here is a pic of me on my wedding day, sorry hubby not in this one,sure wish i was as slim as i was then, oh well, them were the days lol sorry picture quality is not that good.

Casper
08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Happy 17th anniversary!

You looked like such a happy, beautiful bride in that picture. :) I am sorry the weather where you are hasn't been as beautiful lately, but I think the fact that you and your husband has lasted 17 years is a beautiful thing in itself.

Here is to many, many more years!

carole
08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Thank you Oyster, yes it has not been all smooth sailing, but i think we are at a very comfortable spot in our lives with each other now, we have smoothed out any major/minor difficulties that most marriages go through,and hopefully we shall last until death do us part, not that i had that in my wedding vows,lol.:)

It is indeed a very miserable day down under,but can only improve from now on i hope.:)

catnapper
08-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Happy Anniversary. Time sure does fly -- I bet it feels like you were married just yesterday.

kuhio98
08-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Happiest of Anniversaries to you guys! You look so beautiful in your wedding dress.

The Bobcat and I are heading towards #20. I'm glad we stuck it out. Sometimes it is wonderful. Sometimes it feels like hard work. Sometimes it feels like I'm serving time in prison. :p

Is it the same for you?

RockyRoad
08-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Happy anniversary! Wow, seventeen years! You looked great at your wedding and I`m sure you look just as great now. :) Here`s to many more happy years for you and Steve! :love:

Medusa
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
How wonderful! Seventeen years and still going strong. That's great, Carole. Happy Anniversary, my friend. :)

Karen
08-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Happy Anniversary! :)

carole
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Thank you , you are so kind,ah lisa your'e thread made me laugh a lot, yes there have been THE moments i call them,you summed it up well, but still i am glad we are still together,i was an older bride ,turning 34 when i married for the second time,so hopefully my head was in the right place this time around lol.:love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-04-2008, 03:27 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CAROLE!!

You were such a beautiful bride!! In fact, your dress looks a lot like mine:)
(we have our 29th anniversary on August 18th!)

carole
08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
I actually hired my dress, and it was perfect needed no alterations what so ever, my tastes have changed since though, i am not into such frilly stuff these days, but at the time it was very fashionable and just what i wanted,my flowergirl my little niece had the opposite she had plain cream, and little red rosettes around the hemline, and my son had a red sash around his waist, a cumberbun(sp) or something like that it was called and red bowtie, as did hubby, who had a nice short cropped black jacket,it was not a fancy complete traditional wedding but nice and just how we wanted it, but if i could do it over again, i would have more of a scottish theme to it, the only thing scottish was the music i had chosen for me to walk in,we had simply red" It's only Love" while we signed the register, see i can remember it as if it were yesterday, good thing i even have a video of it, which is always nice to look back on.

Well it's all over until the next one eh? congrats on your 29th coming up that indeed is a very long time,hope it has been many happy years for you both.:)

phesina
08-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Congratulations, Carole, to you and Steve! What a wonderful day, full of wonderful memories!

cassiesmom
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Carole, happy anniversary! Many happy returns of the day!

Killearn Kitties
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Congratulations Carole! Our anniversary is in August too and we also had the most beautiful sunny day for it, surrounded by a week of heavy rain.

Sun shines on the righteous, they say. :p