PDA

View Full Version : My little doctor

catnapper
08-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Reading the post about the cat who alerted its owner to a fire reminded me of something Flutter did for me last week....

I woke up to Flutter pawing and biting at my arm. REALLY biting my arm. She usually wakes me with head butts, but that morning it was serious biting one spot on my arm. For some reason later that day I read a magazine article about a cat who diagnosed cancer by biting its human in the same manner. Also the same day I read an e-article on skin cancer. Ok, ok I can take a hint when I am hit over the head!!!

I had a doctor's appointment the following day anyway so I mentioned the spot. He didn't like what he saw and we made an appointment to have the spot removed. It was removed Friday and I'll find out the biopsy results Tuesday.

If it turns out bad, then my little girl was my hero. Hopefully its just a funny little scar and she was just feeling frisky that morning.

PS: Hubby is TOTALLY making fun of me for posting this. :rolleyes:

Medusa
08-03-2008, 09:27 AM
I'd say you have quite a kitty kat there! Prayers going up that the spot is nothing at all. :)

catmandu
08-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I THINK THAT FLUTTERS A HERO CAT, AS I HAVE SEEN A PBS SPECIAL WHERE THERE ARE DOGS WHO CAN DETECT CANCER, WHY IS IT THAT FLUTTER :love::cool:COULD NOT HAVE DONE THE SAME THING?
I THINK YOUR LITTLE DOCTOR:love: DESERVES A REWARD:love::love:

Freedom
08-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Fingers crossed that all is well come Tuesday.

Give Flutter a kiss anyway!

momcat
08-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Way to go, Flutter! Prayers are being prayed that all will go well with your doctor and there's nothing seriously wrong

kimlovescats
08-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I hope and pray that the spot is "OK"! Good girl, Flutter, for taking care of Mommy!:love:

orangemm
08-06-2008, 05:16 AM
Given the fact that the doc removed the spot speaks volumes; if it had been "nothing at all", he wouldn't have done anything, right? So little Flutter gets kudos for that!;)

...and people say animals are dumb.:rolleyes:

Keep us posted!

jenluckenbach
08-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Any results???

Catty1
08-06-2008, 08:11 AM
I had a mole removed an biopsied years ago. It likely WAS nothing - as the doc said, if my dad hadn't died from melanoma, she wouldn't have bothered.

The only way to find if is it something is to remove it and test it. Removing it doesn't confirm anything.

Just didn't want to scare her!;)

jazzcat
08-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Are the results in?