PDA

View Full Version : Whisks at the vets :'(

Whisk_Luva
08-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Came back from Italy today.... been away for 2 weeks.... person who was looking after him left a note saying Whisks leg is really swollen....:(

I checked and it is REALLY swollen... took him to the emergancy vet.... :( The nurse didnt know whats wrong.... and the vet is out on a call... they have kept in for observation until the vet gets there....

Please pray for him..... :( (where are the crying faces when you need them?)

RockyRoad
08-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh no, poor Whisk!! How distressing that you just got back from a trip and then had to find this out, but good thing you got him to the emergency vet right away. Hopefully the vet will be back soon! Prayers are on the way that Whisk will be okay! :love:

Whisk_Luva
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Thank you...

No news from the vet...

Another few details I forgot to add earlier- the person who was looking after him isnt picking up her phone (I think she is at work) so the nurse didnt know whether Whisk had been eating or drinking the past few days whch doesnt help a lot...

Whisk doesnt seem to be able to walk very well but whenever I moved his bed earlier when I was still with him he would try so hard to come out.... it just broke my heart to see him want to walk around and not be able too....

The nurse was very nice and she locked all the cats which live in/above the vets upstairs so they wouldnt both him and she is going to try to see if he will eat anything......

I had a feeling all holiday that we would get back and Whisk wouldnt be in full health... dont know why.... I got my mum to text the person looking after him yesterday.... she said all was fine but the note said she didnt want to worry us and ruin our holiday etc....

I am so scared for my baby...

Freedom
08-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Ellie, {{hugs}} coming your way. Prayers for Whisk, that it is something easily corrected by the white coat.

Scooter's Mom
08-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Hopefully Whisk will feel better in no time.

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Oh no, prayers for Whisk.

Whisk_Luva
08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone..

He is home... fast asleep I think bless him.... we had to take everything out of his cage apart from water, food and a box with bedding in as he can no longer use the bed as his swelling is too large on his leg so he cant fit through the door.

They think hes had a fall or injured himself in someway though they cannot be certain as it is so swollen... they injected him with anti-imflammitry (Sp) and I have to give him some antibiotics twice a day until Monday when his next appointment is.

IF it is a leg injury they said they dont know if its broken or not yet but if it is it should correct itself. IF it is a leg injury and a bad one- his leg may... uh... drop off... but by then it would be all healed over so it would fine. If its bad and it doesnt drop off they might have to operate....

I hope it is just an injury and nothing more.....

Vet says we have to make sure he keeps eating and he is allowed to be completly spoilt when it comes to food!

Please keep praying for my baby... thank you.....

Casper
08-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Poor little guy! :(
Good vibes and big (((hugs))) headed that way for both of you.
Whisk will be in my thoughts. Fingers crossed that it is only a minor injury.

RockyRoad
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Glad to hear that Whisk is home. Poor guy. Hopefully the meds will work or the leg will fix itself, as you said. Prayers are continuing for sweet little Whisk`s speedy recovery! :love:

Ginger's Mom
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
I am glad to hear that Whisk is home. I am sure he will heal much better now that he is home with you. More prayers going out for a quick recovery.

chocolatepuppy
08-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I will continue my prayers for Whisk. Hopefully his leg will be okay. I'll bet he's happy to be home.

Whisk_Luva
08-03-2008, 04:04 AM
He had his antibiotics for the morning earlier.... it was quite hard to get him to take it.... we put ribena on the tip of the syringe to get him to drink it but he decided he would rather eat his food out of his dish.... and then decided to attack the syringe when I tried to give it to him... lol... we got there eventually!

I am going out shortly to buy him lots of yummy foods for him, though he is still eating well, I want to spoil him ;)

Thanks for the prayers everyone... please keep them coming... especially for tomorrow when his next vet visit is....

Freedom
08-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Ellie, you must be relieved to have him home! Sending lots of cuddles to both of you. Prayers that this will all heal up itself and is just a . . . sprain? Strain? Something easy like that.

Whisk_Luva
08-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks... I cant hug him at the moment really... he's under strict bed rest from the vet.... so I am just giving him lots of yummy food..... when he isnt so tired later I will give him a piece of either mango, strawberry or grape from you ;)

Here is a photo of him yesterday at the vets.... you cant really see how swollen his leg is in it as I tried my best not to get his leg in it to much but you can see he looks rather fat... thats some of the swelling... but his little face is still as cute as ever:

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s215/whisk-luva/DSC03925.jpg

RockyRoad
08-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Well eating is a very good sign! And a little spoiling never hurt anyone. ;) Prayers are indeed continuing today for your handsome guy`s recovery.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-03-2008, 03:53 PM
oh, no!!! Lots of prayers on the way for my little buddy!!! Sneak him a head kiss from me when you can, ok? Prayers will continue and the cats all have their paws crossed for him for his vet visit tomorrow!!! :(

I'm sure being home with his mommy will help him feel much better!!!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-03-2008, 06:37 PM
I hope Whisk feels better soon.

I'm going through a similar thing with my cockatiel. He's on oral anti-inflammation meds and antibiotics. The swelling in my 'tiels legs has improved a great deal with the meds, I hope Whisk improves too.

cassiesmom
08-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Feel much better soon, sweet Whisk!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Just wondering how my little buddy is feeling today!
I hope lots better!!! :love:

WELOVESPUPPIES
08-05-2008, 05:58 AM
Oh no!! Whisky baby:( I sure hope it is something that will heal up quickly on its own and soon. Sending healing prayers up for Whisk. ((Hugs)) to you Ellie, I know how stressed out you probably are and completely understandable. Poor little guy, give him something yummy from me today and maybe a tiny head pat.

Marigold2
08-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Dear sweet and precious Whisk,
I hope that you are feeling better today sweetheart.
You truly are a handsome and lovely fellow.
Many hugs and prayers. Monica

Whisk_Luva
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Guess I should update you on what the vet said Monday:

He has a tumor, but as he is still happy at the mo no action needs to be taken.... we are just going to wait and see what happens now.... he will go to the vet again soon so she can check it again....

momoffuzzyfaces
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Aw, so sorry to hear that but glad he is feeling well and happy. Prayers will continue here. Sometimes lumps aren't harmful. Give the sweetie a head kiss from me, please?

Marigold2
08-13-2008, 09:47 AM
How is Whisk feeling today? And what yummy snacks have you been feeding him?

Whisk_Luva
08-13-2008, 02:40 PM
He is ok thanks.... he has been having lots of things, lots of different fruits etc, mango, strawberry, grape, melon.... also chocolate drops which he hasnt had in a long time, extra dry food, and lots more cuddles :)

Miss Z
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Thinking of sweet Whisk every day here. I know that, just like Tia, he will be able to live comfortably for many more happy months without the tumour bothering him. He's a lovely boy, please give him some more kisses for me!