PDA

View Full Version : Koeb Bryant now known as "The Doberman"

dreamparkingspace
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
I guess basketball player Kobe Bryant has now given himself the nickname "The Doberman" because he is so good at guarding the opponents similar to how a Doberman is good at guarding a house, I think...er something. Wouldn't Kobe be a cool name for a Dobe? :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=USALithuania-080801

There's the link that talks about it.

lute
08-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes, Kobe would be a great name for a Dobe. BUT! I do not agree with this new nick name. It only makes people think that's all Dobermans are. Guard dogs. They are NOT guard dogs. They are sweet loving gentle dogs that need to be indoors and sleeping on the couch.

Karen
08-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Maybe he also chose it because he's long-limbed, black (okay, just his hair) and brown, and a softie inside but likes to be thought of as fierce?

K9karen
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Blah. I wouldn't give him the honor of a nickname of any dog. They're not even in the same catagory. imo.

dreamparkingspace
08-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I hope Kobe matches up against someone on Germany's team nicknamed "The German Shepherd." Then, and only then, will it settle the argument as to which is the most versatile dog -- The Doberman OR The German Shepherd :)

That is, until team Belgium arrives with their secret weapon, "The Malinois"...

LOL...geez, ha, sorry if this is stupid.