PDA

View Full Version : saying "hello" to the world of partials!

davidpizzica
08-01-2008, 11:50 AM
On monday as well as having my catheterization/angioplasty done, I'm in for major dental work. A lot of teeth are coming out and I'm going to need partials. I'm not too thrilled about it, but it's necessary.

RockyRoad
08-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Are you getting teeth extracted, or have you lost/extracted them already? Either way, doesn`t sound too fun. Hope all goes well, both dentally and medically. :)

Medusa
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
It'll be fine, David. Dentistry has come a long way. You probably won't even be able to tell and neither will anyone else. Pain management is a big thing now, too, so no worries there either. :)

davidpizzica
08-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Are you getting teeth extracted, or have you lost/extracted them already? Either way, doesn`t sound too fun. Hope all goes well, both dentally and medically. :)

I'm having 13 extracions done! But then say hello to a better smile!

jennielynn1970
08-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Yikes that sounds painful!! 13 extractions?! Is this because of dental issues, or because you want them out? Just curious.

I'm so freaked out by dentists, it's horrible. I get sick to my stomach and panic attacks. I've been trying to do better by going to the dentist, and my 2nd checkup this year is coming up. Not thrilled with that. Before getting my wisdom teeth out and having some issues, I hadn't been to the dentist in 7 years... bad, I know! After getting the wisdom teeth out, I really freaked, and didn't go back for another 1 1/2 years, but then the cap on my one front tooth chipped and I had to go back. Oh well. They got me, suckered me into getting a cleaning and then fixed the chipped tooth. They're so devious.

Hope your extractions go well, and that you recover quickly, AND get lots and lots of pain meds!!!

RockyRoad
08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm having 13 extracions done! But then say hello to a better smile!

Wow! I assisted once on a man who had 8 done (quite a few had been pulled before and he just wanted to be done with it). It was quite a process.. but like you said, afterward he got his partials and definitely was happier. Afterall, no more having to deal with toothaches! :D Good luck!

davidpizzica
08-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Yikes that sounds painful!! 13 extractions?! Is this because of dental issues, or because you want them out? Just curious.

I'm so freaked out by dentists, it's horrible. I get sick to my stomach and panic attacks. I've been trying to do better by going to the dentist, and my 2nd checkup this year is coming up. Not thrilled with that. Before getting my wisdom teeth out and having some issues, I hadn't been to the dentist in 7 years... bad, I know! After getting the wisdom teeth out, I really freaked, and didn't go back for another 1 1/2 years, but then the cap on my one front tooth chipped and I had to go back. Oh well. They got me, suckered me into getting a cleaning and then fixed the chipped tooth. They're so devious.

Hope your extractions go well, and that you recover quickly, AND get lots and lots of pain meds!!!

Unfortunately it's due to dental issues that they have to come out. I was avoiding going to the dentist because I was afraid I'd hear "the lecture" about how bad they are. I'm paying for them now (literally!), but when I get this all done, my teeth will look a lot better.

Lady's Human
08-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Only 13?

One of the troops who mobilized through FT Drum while I was assisting the units through the mob process went through dental and wound up with all his teeth pulled and new dentures.

Let's just say that that was a unit from a more rural area of the country.....

Good luck. In a few days it'll be over.

Pam
08-02-2008, 06:40 AM
David I worked for a dentist several years ago and was with him for ten years. In that time I saw many people come in with smiles that were less than pretty. Most of them had been simply too afraid to go to the dentist but finally had no choice. Though it is a drastic thing to have so many extractions at once, when it is all said and done I know that your handsome new smile will be worth every minute of discomfort. Good luck to you! ;)