PDA

View Full Version : My husband is right - my dogs do manipulate me :p

Pam
08-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I just went to the grocery store and always look at the dogs toys while I am there. I have bought so many toys that haven't worked out because either Bella can destroy them in an instant or she has no interest in them at all because they are too hard. I came across a toy called Zoink. It is a heavy plastic, but not hard, durable, and has little sections that are easy to grab on. It also glows in the dark but that is not why I got it. I only bought one because I figured it was not something Ripley would enjoy. He is more of a Nylabone fan and I am tired of spending lots of money on toys that lay around and gather dust. :rolleyes:

Well, you guessed it. I gave the toy to Bella and she LOVED it. I haven't seen her enjoy a toy so much in ages. Ripley kept looking at her out of the corner of his eye while he was chewing on his Nylabone. Finally she left it momentarily and he came right over and scooped it up. :p She didn't try to get it back but looked so sad that it broke my heart. What did I do you may ask??? Yes, I hopped in the car and bought another one. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Yes, I admit it. They do manipulate me! :p I know that probably many of you would have done the same thing. :) Anyway, here's the toy with two happy pupsters chewing away. Ripley looks like he is saying in the one picture "don't you even think of taking this away!" :p:D

Taz_Zoee
08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Oh yeah, I would have done the exact same thing. And if I couldn't have gone to get another one (if the store was closed) I would have taken the one away until I had one for both of them. :)
You are just a good dog mom, that's all. :D
It's so funny how big the toy looks in the pix with Ripley. LOL

Daisy and Delilah
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I would consider that completely normal, Pam!! You're being a great dog mom. It would be the same thig here. Daisy isn't much of a player but if Delilah loved something alot, Daisy might have to have one too:)

Ginger's Mom
08-01-2008, 12:42 PM
Ripley figured if Bella liked it that much he would have to try it out for himself. You are a very good dog mom to go back out for him. :D

Freedom
08-01-2008, 02:40 PM
And of COURSE it had to be a different color so you would know which was whose! Oh those photos are great and yes, I see the one where Ripley is just daring you to make his day, te hee!

pitc9
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
LOL!!
How funny!
Now that, Pam, is a true PT'er story!

:D

cassiesmom
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Way to play, Bella and Ripley! (smooch! smooch!)

Logan
08-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Ha Ha!!!! So you are just like the rest of us, and with the same kind of husband, too! :p Love it, Pam!

lizbud
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Sounds like exactly what I would do in that situation.:) It's only fair,right?:D

chocolatepuppy
08-01-2008, 09:28 PM
That's a cute story Pam.:) I'm glad my furkids don't manipulate me.;) I remember the night in the basement with a saw cutting a rawhide in two for Lacey and RB Mandy because I only had one left.:rolleyes:

K9karen
08-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Join the crowd, Pam! Anything else but get back in the car, use gas, stand in line, drive back home to satisfy Ripley would be unacceptable!

LOVED the pictures! :love::love::love: and huggies and smoochies to my 2 fave poodles!

Pam
08-02-2008, 06:46 AM
Hubby came in last night and noticed the two toys. I confessed to him the whole story and this was his reaction > > > > > :rolleyes: He didn't even give me his "the dogs really know how to manipulate you" speech! I guess he is tired of doing it by now since it has no effect on me. :p

Rachel
08-02-2008, 11:18 AM
"the dogs really know how to manipulate you"
:p

Yes, I do hear those famous words myself on a regular basis.

Don't you love it when you find a toy that is a hit? Unfortunately I generally don't quit with the *destroyed variety* until about 3 of them purchased one after the other.

lizbud
08-02-2008, 11:24 AM
That's a cute story Pam.:) I'm glad my furkids don't manipulate me.;) I remember the night in the basement with a saw cutting a rawhide in two for Lacey and RB Mandy because I only had one left.:rolleyes:

:D hee hee Ever try to cut a" pig ear" into two even pieces? It can be done,
I know.:D