PDA

View Full Version : Reasons You Love Your Dog/s

anna_66
08-01-2008, 07:03 AM
I was just feeling sentimental this morning when Bon woke me up so I thought I'd start this thread:)

They wake me up with their soft whiskery muzzles.
They give me kisses when I come home from work.
They make me laugh all the time.
They howl, bark and have fun together.
They get along amazing well for 4 such different dogs.

I could have made this post a mile long but I wanted to give others a chance to post too:D

I'm SURE I'll be back again because there are so many reasons I love them!

Pam
08-01-2008, 07:17 AM
They seek me out as if I am someone really worthy of spending all of their time with.
They are ready to play at a moment's notice.
They love unconditionally.
They make me laugh every day.

Great thread Anna!

Taz_Zoee
08-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I :love: my dog because:
She follows me everywhere, and is always right at my feet.
She guards the house when I'm alone.
She cuddles up with me at night when I go to bed.
She has accepted a feline sister wonderfully.
She is always sitting at the door waiting for me when I get home (even though it's partly because I feed her at that time:p).
And I always get butt waggles when I walk in the door, even if I've just been gone a few minutes. :D

cloverfdx
08-01-2008, 10:13 AM
I love my dogs because......

Their love is unconditional
They are always happy to greet me when i get home
They take me to lots of different places that i would never have thought to go (with Flyball).

Daisy and Delilah
08-01-2008, 12:27 PM
They love me no matter what(unconditionally)

Delilah goes over on her back all the time because she trusts me so much to give her lots of belly scratches and rubs. She's not real trusting of many people at all.

Daisy always looks up at me with those big black eyes and wants me to pick her up so she can be close to me. She also doesn't let just anybody do that.

This list could go on and on :D What's not to love about these special babies? :)

Ginger's Mom
08-01-2008, 12:46 PM
I love my Ginger-girl because she is such a sweet, easy-going little girl. Whatever I want to do is alright with her. She is such a good girl.

I love my Taz-man because he makes me laugh every day. What a little clown he is, and he is a very good cuddler, too.

Casper
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I love my Frisk-man because...
- His smile makes the sun shine.
- He has never ever left my side since day one.
- When he howls, I swear, it is the cutest thing... ever.

This list, like the others, goes on forever. I'll likely add more later.

cali
08-01-2008, 01:32 PM
they are my babies, they follow me around, they get upset when they cant be with me. I love just sitting in the yard where there is all kinds of other things the dogs could be doing, but they choose to gather around me. they are great company, they make me feel better when I am upset....

Aspen and Misty
08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
My dogs are all so diffrent so I thought I would post a couple of reasons why I love each of them:

Nova:
She has a "tough" girl attitude as if she does't like people but she is the only dog who won't eat if I'm not home and gives me the happiest greeting if I've spent the night away.

Konnor:
He always grabs a toy when I get home and if I get in the door before he has a toy he won't greet me untill he has a toy. He loves to sleep with his head on the pillow and he loves to cuddle.

Sitka:
She was untouchable before I got her. You couldn't get within 12 feet of her without her bolting. I's been a slow process but now she loves to be pet and is slowly learning to trust.

Ashley

lute
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Good thread!:D

They love being wherever I am.

They are my forever friends and will never turn on me.

They rely on me for food, shelter, vet care and lovins and I wouldn't have it any other way.

They whine at me and knock me to the ground every time I walk through the front door. Even if I only stepped out for a second.

They are the BEST foot warmers!

They always know when I'm upset and try to comfort me.

I could name a million reasons why I love my dogs, but these are my top faves.

joycenalex
08-02-2008, 07:49 AM
anna, what a wonderful post...i have LES thinking about the myriad of reasons, many of which have already been listed, so here's a few of my own...
1-their smiles, alex had a great smile 2- their happy dance on seeing me, paws tapping out their joy. princess peanut can't sit still if i pick up her harness. 3-anytime is a good time for a walk 4- knowing how cool my ride looked with dog heads sticking out the back windows (yes they wear seatbelts and doggles)5- their concentration, some dog has gotta find and remove those dangerous bumble bees from the obedient plants...snap, crunch, ptooie...6-the sound of the sigh and the tag hitting the floor after as we all settle down for the night. wow major LES now, later...

joycenalex
08-02-2008, 07:59 AM
...'k, another thought before i start the day...and pretty paws gets a walk...
i learned to use the internet searching out info about canine epilepsy. those searches led me to some friends that have been joys beyond belief. no way would i have met de and larry from texas, lisa from wisconsin, read about the shoreline of new zealand from pip without having a dog with special needs. no way would i have met so many wonderful people through PT and met more on memorial day at the picnic. dogs have given a lot to my life, and i'm glad to give back to my 3 and the future ones..:D

*LabLoverKEB*
08-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I love my girls for many many reasons...

They give me unconditional love
They are so very goofy and sweet
They love my family
They love people
Love to play and love to cuddle
Somewhat protective
And so many more

cyber-sibes
08-03-2008, 08:08 AM
:love:I love my dogs for all the reasons that have been mentioned. Their beauty is a constant source of awe - both their physical forms and their spirits. There are few people whose company I thoroughly enjoy as much as theirs.

I learn life lessons from them constantly - acceptance, non-judgement, loyalty, being in the moment, forgiving in an instant, & finding joy in the simple things (what do you really need besides food, shelter, and someone to love?)

They've shown me how to suffer illness gracefully, and how to take leave of this earth with dignity and acceptance.

They are truly a gift from God in my life.