PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #276 ... J.K. Rowling's birthday

cassiesmom
07-31-2008, 02:29 PM
In honor of the birthday of the author of the Harry Potter series ... there's a dish of Bertie Botts' Every Flavor jelly beans on the bar, and who's for a butterbeer?

smokey the elder
07-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I'll have a Chocolate Frog! *opens one* ANOTHER Nicholas Flamel?? Anyone have a Godrick Gryffindor to trade?:D

RICHARD
07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
I think I am going to have to be a bar maid for this week....

I don't know anything about HP.:eek:

RedHedd
07-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh dear! I so addle-brained from work, I need a strong potion! Anything, really, or perhaps a sorting hat to sort everything out :D

Karen
07-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Mmm, butterbeer, please! Hey, maybe Fang will come and play with the Orc! :)

joycenalex
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
....ummm, i dropped in *waves hello*, but since it's a nice and warm evening here in cowtown...oh barmaid, may i have a water and lime? tomorrow i'm off to the ohio state fair. moooo....;) this year it's butter presidents of ohio...insert snickers hers....:cool:

Grace
07-31-2008, 05:50 PM
I think I am going to have to be a bar maid for this week....

I don't know anything about HP.:eek:

I'll help serve - I also know nothing about HP.

lvpets2002
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I'll help serve - I also know nothing about HP.

:p All I know is about the Author which has made the Bucks with the books & movies.. Could I get a LIT with a cherry & umbrella please.. By the way what is a ButterBeer??

Grace
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
:p All I know is about the Author which has made the Bucks with the books & movies.. Could I get a LIT with a cherry & umbrella please.. By the way what is a ButterBeer??

I found this recipe for Butterbeer on the internet - to me it sounds ghastly. Think I'll join you with another LIT.

BUTTERBEER

Makes 2 quarts.

1 cup butterscotch schnapps
7 cups cream soda (almost one 2 liter bottle)

Carefully mix just before serving, adding the schnapps to the soda then stirring gently to mix well, or the fizz will dissipate too soon.

You can also find butterscotch flavoring near the vanilla flavoring in the baking section of the grocery store, but it is more difficult to find, and actually the flavoring is 35% alcohol where the schnapps is only 15% alcohol by volume, so if you're making large quantities of butterbeer, I recommend just to buy the schnapps. There is not much alcohol content in the butterbeer mixture, just enough to make a house-elf tipsy and to give it the warm, buttery aftertaste to the fizzy cream soda. Yum! :-9

RICHARD
08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Whoa,

I thought HP was too young to drink!

Let me mix up some LIITs for the gang....and some butter beers too!

DONE!;)

Lady'sOtherHuman
08-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Well I'll just have some pumpkin juice please. Though the butterbeer sounds interesting but I think it would be a bit too sweet for me. You can pre-order Tales of the Beedle Bard on Amazon.com.

critters
08-02-2008, 06:43 AM
MuggleNet has/had a Butterbeer recipe (I can't get MN to load at the moment) using butterscotch syrup & cream soda; gotta admit it wasn't my favorite.

Can't wait to get a hold of "Tales!!"

gini
08-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Is the bar still open? I sure could use something strong. The butterbeer sounds just awful to me...........maybe one of those LIIT's Richard is making.

Going back to work after vacation is just awful!

slick
08-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Please, please can someone give me enough booze to put me into a stupor???? I don't want to play this game anymore. :(

lvpets2002
08-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Please, please can someone give me enough booze to put me into a stupor???? I don't want to play this game anymore. :(

:o Now now slick what game has put into wanting to be in a stupor?? Bartender some LIT with cherries & umbrellas Please..