PDA

View Full Version : Poznan, Poland travel tips

Moesha
07-30-2008, 05:28 PM
I just found out this afternoon that 5 of my friends and I will be going to Poznan next July. Two years ago we went to Prague, Czech Republic and picked Poznan as an option because the pictures online looked similiar to Prague. I know a few of other couples that have been to Poznan and will be asking for travel tips from them. We're trying to decide if we should take the travel package put together by the travel agency or if we should do it ourselves. My mom and I went to Prague together last time and had a side trip to Paris. Our trip was 12 days I think. We did the travel agency's package. My sister and her husband also went to Prague at the same time, but they spent 3 weeks touring Europe. In addition to Prague, they went to Germany, Austria and Hungary. I think they spent the same amount doing all of that as my mom and I did for half the length of time. I'm not sure what packages will be offered or if land only would even be an option this time. But I was just wondering if some of our European PTers had any advice about definite things to see in Poznan or ideas about what airport(s) I should check out for flights. One of the girls in our group wants to go to Paris if at all possible. We'll have to see!

Barbara
07-31-2008, 04:04 AM
I think there will be a difference between Prague and Poznan as Poznan never was an important capital. If you go to Poland don't miss Cracow. It's really fantastic.
Flight connections to Poland are a little bit tricky. I know that cheap Easyjet flies to different places (like Warsaw and Cracow) and I know Poznan has an airport. Whether any airline but Polish LOT lands there I cannot say.