PDA

View Full Version : Meet Jolene

Anikaca77
07-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi All,

Last Thursday I got a call from Shirley Fonda (Fondas Foundlings) a non-profit cat rescurer, shes really amazing.

Anyway, Shirley called me to ask if I might be able to foster a cat for about 2 days until she can take it, so I told her as long as it was FIV/FELV checked then I was fine with it coming but she would have to be gone by Sunday evening because I'd need the bathroom back for Athena.

So Thursday evening Jolene (we gave her that name) came into our bathroom and she was the sweetest thing. She turned out to be negative for FIV/FELV and she was declawed as well :(

The vets gave her all of her shots and put flea meds on her as well. We never saw a flea just flea dirt. Jolene also has no hair around her neck from where a collar dug into her. She is most likely fixed since she's declawed but time will tell. Someone found her digging in the dumpster for food at a local resturant right down the street from where I live.

Jolene really liked me but she didn't like our cats. Our cats didn't seem to mind her but she minded them.

Jolene ended up moving over to Shirley's Sunday evening and it was sad giving her up but I'm going to work very hard to find her a home as well as Fatty & Pretty Girl too. I've already put up flyers around town so now I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Melissa

lvpets2002
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
:love: Aweee she is so healthy & Sweet looking.. She is Adorable & I am sure she will find a home real soon.. Who could turn down that sweet face..

cassiesmom
07-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh, my, a female orangie! And declawed too ... it's a good thing she's not closer to Chicago or I might have ended up adopting her.

Anikaca77
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd be glad to meet you :)

Oh, my, a female orangie! And declawed too ... it's a good thing she's not closer to Chicago or I might have ended up adopting her.

catmandu
07-29-2008, 04:24 PM
WITH A FACE :love::love:LIKE THAT I BEET THAT JOLENE HAS HER FURREVER HOME VERY SOON.:love::love::love:
ITS A SHAME THAT EVERYONE SEEMS TO WANT KITTENS AS A MATURE :love::love:CAT LIKE JOLENE HAS SO MUCH LOVE :love::love::love:TO OFFER HER NEW FAMILY.